Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Barlow

I seem to remember allotments being mentioned ever so often in the past, I think Jack had one??? but don't remember them actually being shown. Guess they fit in with the storyline of Sharif and his chickens - The Good Life springs to mind

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-02-2015), sarah c (13-02-2015)

Exclamation Simon Barlow

Violent Simon Barlow attacks Amy McDonald

There is going to be plenty of drama in the Barlow house over the coming weeks as troubled teen Simon Barlow sets his sights on a new victim.
    For months he has been abusing his mum Leanne Battersby, but in shock scenes to be aired later this month Simon will attack his cousin Amy McDonald.
    The two kids are left alone at Ken’s house and it’s not long before Simon’s anger gets the better of him and he attacks Amy. But seeing as she’s Tracy Barlow’s daughter the youngster doesn’t take his abuse lying down and quickly tells her mum what happened.
    And Tracy hits the roof when she finds out Simon was violent with Amy, sparking a mouthy bust-up with Leanne.
    An insider told the People: “The Barlows are going to be central to Coronation Street in the run up to Christmas.
    “The close-knit family will be put under extreme strain and viewers will be left wondering if they can get through the turmoil.”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2015), maidmarian (01-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Violent Simon Barlow attacks Amy McDonald

There is going to be plenty of drama in the Barlow house over the coming weeks as troubled teen Simon Barlow sets his sights on a new victim.
    For months he has been abusing his mum Leanne Battersby, but in shock scenes to be aired later this month Simon will attack his cousin Amy McDonald.
    The two kids are left alone at Ken’s house and it’s not long before Simon’s anger gets the better of him and he attacks Amy. But seeing as she’s Tracy Barlow’s daughter the youngster doesn’t take his abuse lying down and quickly tells her mum what happened.
    And Tracy hits the roof when she finds out Simon was violent with Amy, sparking a mouthy bust-up with Leanne.
    An insider told the People: “The Barlows are going to be central to Coronation Street in the run up to Christmas.
    “The close-knit family will be put under extreme strain and viewers will be left wondering if they can get through the turmoil.”
    I hope Simon Gregson's back soon then because it won't do Steve's character any good if he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I hope Simon Gregson's back soon then because it won't do Steve's character any good if he isn't.
    I get the impression he will be off for longer term so doubtful he is around Christmas time unless he gets better soon and they are already filming Christmas stuff
    Last edited by Perdita; 01-11-2015 at 12:10.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2015)

Me too, unfortunately. Wish they'd been more imaginitive in writing Steve out. We'll now have
    'Man isn't there for his daughter when she needs him because he's throwing a strop over his mother's boyfriend.' They should have given Andy cancer or something, as it would give Steve justified reason to be absent for a prolonged period (spending time with his twin in case he didn't make it.)

I get annoyed by cancer seeming to be the only illness in soapland, but it would be better than this.

Things won't be merry in the Barlow household this Christmas on Coronation Street.

The Mirror has reported that Simon Barlow, played by Alex Bain, will turn violent towards Amy (Elle Mulvaney).

Leanne and Simon in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Leanne and Simon in Coronation Street

Viewers have seen Simon spend months abusing Leanne (Jane Danson), and Corrie's new plot will see him attack his young cousin.

The storyline will feature the two being left alone at their grandad Ken's house, and Amy will tell her mum Tracy about the incident.

Back in September, Danson admitted that she had some doubts over the domestic violence storyline.

"But the way it's been done is quite clever," she added. "He's a child who's been through so much with his dad, with the alcoholism, and he's lost so many people in his life. She's been the one constant, so she'll never give up on him."

digitalspy

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2015), lizann (02-11-2015), maidmarian (01-11-2015), tammyy2j (03-11-2015)

I cant see Tracy standing for Simon's behaviour

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2015), lizann (03-11-2015), maidmarian (03-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Me too, unfortunately. Wish they'd been more imaginitive in writing Steve out. We'll now have
    'Man isn't there for his daughter when she needs him because he's throwing a strop over his mother's boyfriend.' They should have given Andy cancer or something, as it would give Steve justified reason to be absent for a prolonged period (spending time with his twin in case he didn't make it.)

I get annoyed by cancer seeming to be the only illness in soapland, but it would be better than this.
    The trouble with giving Andy cancer or another serious illness is that it would be extremely strange if Liz didn't go too. I can't think of a good reason to have Steve away from Michelle, Liz and his businesses for months to be honest.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 03-11-2015 at 21:32.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-11-2015)

the

Any long term absence, especially if the duration is unknown is pretty impossible for scriptwriters to include so Steve going to see Andy is probably the best they can do . Liz is too busy with the Rovers but can always go for long weekends or a week here and there without great explanations ...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    The trouble with giving Andy cancer or another serious illness is that it would be extremely strange if Liz didn't go too. I can't think of a good reason to have Steve away from Michelle, Liz and his businesses for months to be honest.
    Only if he had a serious accident abroad
    ( he would have to be there first ) and it
    wasnt possible to move him home- for
    medical reasons!

Re cancer there are so many types and
    they have very different survival rates -
    that is would be difficult to decide which
    and write the story . It could give a wrong
    or upsetting picture to people affected and their
    families??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2015)