Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elaine - Linda's Mother

Elaine - Linda's Mother

EastEnders bosses have cast Maria Friedman in the guest role of Elaine Peacock.

Elaine will arrive in Walford in order to support her daughter Linda (Kellie Bright) after Mick (Danny Dyer) phones on her for help.

Billed as a "larger than life, glamorous landlady who loves to be the centre of attention", Elaine's relationship with Linda is also fraught due to the two women being so similar.

Linda will face the toughest time of her life after being raped by Dean Wicks, but as she keeps her husband Mick in the dark over her ordeal, he will grow increasingly concerned about her unusual behaviour.

Viewers have already heard Mick and Linda reference Elaine, who has a particularly strong relationship with her son-in-law. However, it remains to be seen if Elaine will be able to support Linda in her time of need.

Speaking about the role, Friedman said: "I am thrilled to be joining the cast of EastEnders to play Elaine Peacock. Working alongside Kellie Bright and the rest of the Carter clan has been an absolute joy. It has also been a lovely experience to take my West End shoes East for a short trip!"

Mick tells a shocked Linda about what happened with the police and Ian
    © BBC
    Elaine has a good relationship with Mick and Linda.

Executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "Ever since Elaine became the voice on the end of the Queen Vic phone, we have been waiting to see just what kind of woman made Linda Carter. Elaine is tough, warm and capable - but also proud and more than a little vain, bringing with her a whole new dynamic when she arrives in Walford to sort out her daughter.

"Maria Friedman is a West End legend and we are all very excited to have someone of her pedigree playing Elaine Peacock."

Friedman's previous credits include stage productions of Chicago, Passion, The Woman in White and Ragtime.

Elaine will first appear on screen over the autumn.
    Last edited by Perdita; 18-09-2014 at 15:05.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (19-09-2014)

New EastEnders pictures have been released showing Linda Carter's mother Elaine arriving on Albert Square.

Elaine turns up in Walford later this month after Linda's partner Mick (Danny Dyer) makes a desperate phone call to her, urging her to pay a visit.

Mick makes the call as he has become concerned over some strange and distant behaviour from Linda (Kellie Bright).

Mick grows increasingly concerned about Linda
    © BBC
    Mick grows increasingly concerned about Linda

Completely unaware that Linda has been raped by Dean Wicks, a worried Mick hopes that Elaine can help her daughter to get back to her old self again.

Once Elaine makes her arrival, she can also see that something is wrong and tries to convince Linda to open up. However, she is soon left frustrated when Linda stubbornly refuses to give anything away. Will Linda eventually tell the truth about what happened?

Elaine arrives at The Vic
    © BBC
    Elaine arrives at The Vic

Elaine tries to comfort Linda
    © BBC
    Elaine tries to comfort Linda

Will Linda tell Elaine about Dean's attack?
    © BBC
    Will Linda tell Elaine about Dean's attack?

Last month, EastEnders bosses announced that Maria Friedman had been cast in the role of Elaine for a short guest stint.

Speaking last month, Friedman said: "I am thrilled to be joining the cast of EastEnders to play Elaine Peacock. Working alongside Kellie Bright and the rest of the Carter clan has been an absolute joy."

EastEnders airs these scenes in the week commencing Monday, October 13 on BBC One.

EastEnders bosses have officially confirmed that Maria Friedman's character Elaine Peacock will be returning to the show.

Elaine, who is the mother of Queen Vic landlady Linda Carter, appeared on screen for three episodes this week as she paid a visit to Walford out of concern for her daughter.

The larger-than-life character left Albert Square to return home at the end of Friday night's episode (October 17), but the show's official press account on Twitter has now revealed that fans haven't seen the last of her.

Don't panic guys - the wonderful Elaine aka @MariaFriedman1 will be back on our screens very soon! #EastEnders pic.twitter.com/GwZjOEkPjB

— EastEnders Press (@EastEndersPress) October 17, 2014

Elaine's visit to Walford came after Linda's partner Mick made contact with her out of desperation, knowing that Linda was behaving strangely.

Linda has been left traumatised after being raped by Dean Wicks, but as she is keeping quiet about what happened, Elaine left Walford without learning the truth.

Despite this, Elaine did notice that something was amiss between Linda and Dean and sternly warned the local hairdresser to stay away from her daughter.

In a recent interview with What's On Stage, Friedman confirmed that Elaine is likely to pop in and out of the Square over the next few months.

Asked whether EastEnders is a long-term commitment, the West End star replied: "Yes, it is. I have a lot of commitments until the middle of next year so I have to come in and out for a while, but they're being amazingly accommodating. I'm getting to do all the bits I love in theatre as well as TV so I'm very lucky."

EastEnders continues on Monday (October 20) at 8pm on BBC One.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-10-2014), Glen1 (20-10-2014), lizann (20-10-2014)

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Elaine.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (20-10-2014), lizann (20-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of Elaine.
    me too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-10-2014)

Her relationship with toyboy Jason will end in tears, but EastEnders star Maria Friedman has hinted that her character Elaine Peacock might not remain single for long.

Elaine will be left heartbroken next week when she learns that devious Aunt Babe has muscled in on her boyfriend Jason after Mick and Linda find the pair in a compromising position.

Jason (Scott Neal) will quickly be shown the door, but bosses are already lining up a new romance for Elaine, and the actress has suggested that it could be someone "completely inappropriate".

Friedman told Inside Soap: "Elaine is too wounded just now but that is not to say that the storyliners don't have a plan for her and somebody else on the Square.

"I can imagine Elaine with somebody completely inappropriate. She's not a marriage wrecker so it won't be somebody married - but stay tuned on that one."

Elaine is delighted with her new romance
    © BBC
    Elaine is delighted with her new romance

Despite their on-screen feud, Friedman revealed that she loves working with Annette Badland and has also been filming scenes with June Brown.

She said: "I love all the stuff with Annette, who plays Babe - we both like a good scrap. And I am working with some new people too.

"I can't give too much away, but I have been doing some stuff with June Brown, which has been really good, and my path has finally crossed with Bonnie Langford too. You'll just have to wait and see as to what Elaine thinks of Carmel, though!"

Elaine will arrive back on screens on Friday, October 2 on BBC One.

digitalspy

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-09-2015), tammyy2j (30-09-2015)

A new romance with a friend of Lee, Fatboy is single

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-09-2015), Dougie (30-09-2015), Perdita (30-09-2015)

I think so too

Linda is secretly teaming up with her mother, Elaine (recast) who brings her new lover, George Knight, and his two daughters, Gina and Anna

Sounds pretty dreadful but it may breath life into the Vic, not sure about the Elaine recast, Harriet Thorpe is a little ott for me and I did like Maria Friedman in the role, however Colin Salmon is a good signing, time will tell.
    The People's Channel

Thread Information