Thread: John Bardon has died.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-09-2014), Glen1 (13-09-2014)

Great character in EE ,played some magical scenes with June Brown and Rudolph Walker.

EastEnders will pay tribute to the late John Bardon with an on-screen storyline in a few weeks' time.

The popular actor, who played Jim Branning on the show between 1996 and 2011, passed away in September last year at the age of 75.

On screen in EastEnders, Jim is the husband of Albert Square icon Dot (June Brown), who has paid regular visits to him in his nursing home over the past few years.

The EastEnders team are now planning to recognise Bardon's contribution to the show with an on-screen send-off after the character of Jim dies.

Cast and crew filmed Jim's funeral on location this week, with Dot arriving for the service in handcuffs as she continues to await trial over the death of her wayward son Nick Cotton.

June Brown & John Bardon
    © Rex Features / Stuart Atkins
    June Brown and John Bardon

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins recently told Digital Spy: "We are planning to celebrate John. You've got to be really careful with these things, but it's only right to do it.

"I went to John's funeral and I spoke to his wife Enda then about doing something on the show. We've chatted to Enda because I wanted to get her blessing in order to do it properly.

"We want to pay tribute to John because he was amazing."

Prior to his current stint as executive producer, Treadwell-Collins worked as senior story editor and story producer on EastEnders between 2005 and 2010, which were some of Bardon's final years with the show.

During that time, Jim's relationship with Dot faced challenges when he suffered a stroke - a storyline which was written in when Bardon sadly went through the same experience in real life.

An episode of EastEnders was dedicated to Bardon on September 12 last year following the news of his death.

As well as EastEnders, Bardon's other screen credits included roles in Dad's Army, The Sweeney, Only Fools and Horses and Birds of a Feather.

He also worked on the stage, notably winning the Laurence Olivier Award in 1988 for Best Actor in a Musical after starring in Kiss Me, Kate.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-03-2015), lizann (15-03-2015), parkerman (15-03-2015), tammyy2j (15-03-2015)

I am glad they are doing this at long last, I know his family might not have wanted this to be done sooner but I am glad that we can now all say Good Bye Jim x

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-03-2015), lizann (15-03-2015), parkerman (15-03-2015), sarah c (15-03-2015), tammyy2j (15-03-2015)

dot has to be free for this

I saw a picture and Dot is there with a prison guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I saw a picture and Dot is there with a prison guard.
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-t...anning-funeral

I wonder what excuse will be made for most of Jim's children and grandchildren missing his funeral or can EE lure them back

Thread Information