Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Lol, I think we've all been waiting for that storyline for years!

My bet is that Rhys goes into the fire to save someone and then dies. What was that anyway, an exploding barbecue? Either way, it looks proper exciting!
    Yes I'd bet Rhys will be a goner here as well not sure who else maybe Scotty or Sophie as well

two favourites won't survive
    tash and andrew are also leaving or are they already gone

Neighbours' Sonya Mitchell gets the fairytale wedding she's always dreamt of on UK screens later this month, but it's not long before a tragic twist ruins everything.

Sonya takes centre stage in a beautiful ceremony as she ties the knot with Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi on April 16, but as most fans will already know, the big day later goes horribly wrong as a huge explosion at the wedding reception claims the lives of two regular characters.

We recently chatted to Eve Morey, who plays Sonya, to hear more about the big episodes and life at Neighbours.

How did you feel about Sonya and Toadie finally getting married?
    "On the one hand, it was really lovely from the characters' point of view. We have these two people who've been together for four years now, gone through various dramas, and now they're getting married. It creates a bookend of sorts, and that's actually quite satisfying. Especially for Sonya, as she thought that she'd screwed her life up and wasn't deserving of a fairytale ending. Now she has this wonderful wedding.

"At the same time, it was like a real wedding and it was so lovely to see all the different departments on the show doing their absolute best to make it work. They always do, but it was a step up.

"That was wonderful, but I found all the attention concerning, because it was like being a real bride! There were dress fittings, make-up trials and I was like, 'Wow, this must be what it feels like to be getting married!' Though I suppose it must be funny to hear from an actor that they don't like the attention, because we're known for it!"

What was your reaction when you found out that there would be an explosion on the big day?
    "I was pretty upset! (Laughs.) It ends very tragically and two people lose their lives. It was actually quite sad. It's dramatic and it's big, but at the same time, it's never nice when people die - obviously in real life but on television shows, too!"

What were the episodes like to film?
    "We filmed it over four different days. We had one day doing the ceremony at the church, another day at Lassiters doing all the happy wedding stuff, and then on the third day we filmed the actual explosion. No cast were actually required for the day of the explosion, but then the day afterwards we filmed the aftermath where the set was wrecked and we were all covered in black and soot.

"It was nice that it was all broken up, as it meant that we could actually enjoy the happy wedding part! It was so lovely filming it, so it was quite surreal to know that it was all going to explode later on! When we did the aftermath, I just had to lie there so I was lucky, but everyone else was running around screaming. It was hectic!"

Do you think Sonya and Toadie have any chance of a happy future?
    "I do! It's going to be full of hardships along the way, which I think any relationship is. But the initial aftermath of this explosion is awful. Poor Toadie - it's his fourth wedding, it's all gone wrong again and his new wife might die. It seems like all of the odds are stacked against them, but hopefully it will work out."

On a brighter note, now that Sonya is mum to Nell, have you enjoyed working with a baby on set in the past few months?
    "I've loved it. I go round saying, 'Why isn't the baby in this scene?!' I just want her there all the time! (Laughs.) I come home all excited about how I've been able to work with the baby. She's called Scarlett in real life and she's such a beautiful baby. Having her around just lifts everyone's mood, so we're very lucky."

We've recently seen Sonya having a big feud with Toadie's mum Angie, played by Lesley Baker. What were those scenes like to film?
    "Brilliant! I know it sounds like I'm just saying I loved everything, but I love Scarlett and I love Lesley! She is so wonderful to work with and I thought there was a great dynamic between Sonya and Angie. I'm very lucky to be blessed with a very lovely mother-in-law in real life, and I'm not just saying that because you're going to publish this! (Laughs.) She's a wonderful woman, so I can't imagine what it must be like to have a mother-in-law who you struggle to get along with.

"Lesley is so funny and comical, but you believe everything that she's doing on screen. She's a larger-than-life personality. It was very fun and when she had to leave again, I was like, 'Please stay! Please stay! This is so much fun!' We'd love to have her back, because she's wonderful."

Sonya has also recently been concerned that she could relapse in the future. Is there a part of you that would like to see that happen so you could have a dark storyline?
    "I'm very caring and protective over my character, so from that point of view, you don't want to see her go through something that traumatic. At the same time, from what I can understand, when you're an addict it's an ongoing thing - you don't just forget about it and have a wonderful life. You're going to be confronted with certain stresses and pressures along the way, which could trigger different reactions and different behaviours.

"In terms of being true to the condition, I think it would be good to explore some storylines like that. I'd hope it wouldn't be to the detriment of the people that she loves, especially as Sonya left Callum when he was very young. I think it doesn't need to be huge and dramatic to be effective.

"We will start to explore that a bit more, and what you've seen recently is the first trigger-up. Having this new baby has set it off again, as Sonya has been reminded of what she was like when she was younger and she can't totally escape her past. She's putting herself under pressure to make up for everything she did wrong in the past. But I think if you put that much expectation on yourself, you're going to fall."

Would you ever follow in the footsteps of some of your Neighbours colleagues by joining Twitter?
    "I've thought about it, and I will join when I feel like I've got something to impart on the world that's going to make it better and I'm really clear about what I want to use it for. That probably sounds really pretentious, but I don't want it to be a casual thing where I'm saying, 'Hey guys, I'm seeing a film!' or whatever. I want it to have more of a social conscience than that, but I'm still not sure how yet!"

The team behind Neighbours have recently spent 1 million Australian dollars creating new backyard sets for some of the houses on Ramsay Street. Are you excited about this new investment in the show?
    "Yeah, it's been great! It's not our backyard that's been built, but that's okay, we'll just visit other people's houses! (Laughs.) I think it just means we can do stuff outside and it looks so real.

"You're at the Neighbours backlot and then you just walk into these backyards and they look so realistic. I think the more real we can make the show look, that can only help and enhance performances. It's fantastic that they want to invest in the show."

With a few cast members leaving the show recently, who will you miss the most?
    "Oh, you can't ask me that! (Laughs.) I miss so many different people for so many different reasons. It's so sad when people go, because you go to work, see people every day and share such deep emotion with them on screen. That means we have deep ties with each other, so it's never a comfortable thing to have to say goodbye to someone. But I couldn't single anyone out because I love everyone for different reasons."

Would you like the show to bring in more members of Sonya's family?
    "Definitely. From a purely selfish point of view and thinking about where my character is going, I think it would be great because it opens up cans of worms. Everyone's got a past and it's a good way to explore that.

"I miss Gemma Pranita, who played Sonya's sister Jade, so much. It was really sad when she left, because we lost a great dynamic there which can't be replaced.

"What I like about the show is that it's about family and it's about friends. As human beings we have different faces with different people in our lives, so when you bring a family member in, it allows you to see a different facet to your character.

"Recently at work, I had one scene talking to Lucas about drug addiction, one scene being a mother to Callum, and then another working at the nursery. It's great to explore all those different sides of Sonya."

You mentioned Lucas, so is there more coming up for Sonya's friendship with him?
    "There is, because there's a few dramas that will be happening in both of our lives, but probably more so in Lucas's. That's a really interesting relationship because they are two characters who are bound together by their addictions and they understand each other in a way that other characters don't.

"It's a really lovely, genuine friendship and they're very honest with each other. They don't let the other get away with things. They're like brother and sister, and there's a genuine care and understanding between them. Sonya has no problem telling Lucas exactly what she thinks about him!

"It's also really interesting that Lucas is now with Vanessa, who Sonya is best friends with too. If they ever have any issues in their relationship, that's going to put Sonya in a tricky position!
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Eve Morey has urged the soap's team not to split up her character Sonya Mitchell's marriage.

Sonya tied the knot with Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) on UK screens this week, but disaster struck at the reception when a huge explosion led to tragedy.

Although the latest drama will prove difficult for the pair to get over, Morey is hoping that they have a long-term future as a couple.

She told PA: "I'm hoping it works out for them. Toadie and Sonya can't break up! I'm just putting that out there.

"Ryan and I are really happy with the dynamic. As much drama as you can have on a soap opera, and I guess the audience want in a soap opera, I think it's also nice to have a good example of a couple that are working.

"We'll have been together four years now. You've watched the relationship grow and progress, and there is a lot of drama in relationships that doesn't involve having affairs and breaking up, but I think now the drama will lie in negotiating how we're going to get along day-to-day.

"At the end of the day they're best friends, they wind each other up a bit and they have different opinions, but they also have very similar values, and I think that that's really interesting to explore."

Eve Morey has urged the soap's team not to split up her character Sonya Mitchell's marriage.

Sonya tied the knot with Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) on UK screens this week, but disaster struck at the reception when a huge explosion led to tragedy.

Although the latest drama will prove difficult for the pair to get over, Morey is hoping that they have a long-term future as a couple.

She told PA: "I'm hoping it works out for them. Toadie and Sonya can't break up! I'm just putting that out there.

"Ryan and I are really happy with the dynamic. As much drama as you can have on a soap opera, and I guess the audience want in a soap opera, I think it's also nice to have a good example of a couple that are working.

"We'll have been together four years now. You've watched the relationship grow and progress, and there is a lot of drama in relationships that doesn't involve having affairs and breaking up, but I think now the drama will lie in negotiating how we're going to get along day-to-day.

"At the end of the day they're best friends, they wind each other up a bit and they have different opinions, but they also have very similar values, and I think that that's really interesting to explore."

Neighbours' Sonya Mitchell will finally remember her dramatic wedding day after her husband Toadie arranges for them to exchange their vows all over again.

Sonya was recently injured in a huge explosion at her wedding reception. Although the newlywed later made a recovery in hospital, she is currently suffering from memory loss and cannot remember her big day.

© Channel 5
    Eve Morey

Determined to help his wife, Toadie (Ryan Moloney) secretly organises a vow renewal ceremony and ropes in his cousin Georgia Brooks (Saskia Hampele) to help surprise Sonya.

Eve Morey, who plays Sonya, told TV Week: "She's shovelling compost when Georgia turns up to get her - perfect preparation - but luckily she's convinced to get changed and she ends up looking beautiful.

"When she gets there, she's so shocked and surprised, especially that everyone turned up again to celebrate."

Toadie's plan works as Sonya slowly begins to remember the original wedding. However, one memory that shocks Sonya is her knowledge that neighbour Mason Turner (Taylor Glockner) was involved in the attempted robbery at Lassiters.

© Channel 5
    Taylor Glockner

Morey continued: "Just like at the first wedding, she gets a phone call and leaves Lassiters, but there's bad reception so she goes around the side of the building. The sequence of events jolts something in her mind and she remembers it all - she knows it was Mason."

When Sonya decides to report Mason to the police, the bad boy is arrested and hears that he may be facing a 15-year jail sentence. Sonya is then plagued with guilt over the trouble she has caused for the Turners.

Morey said: "Sonya has formed quite a relationship with Mason's mum Lauren, so she feels terrible."

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia, and late May on Channel 5 in the UK
    Last edited by alan45; 22-04-2013 at 18:06.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-04-2013)

Eve Morey has revealed becoming a mother in the soap made her so broody she had to get a dog.

The actress's alter ego Sonya Rebecchi has recently welcomed new baby Nell (Scarlett Anderson) with husband Toadie.

Speaking to MSN about working with her on-screen baby, Morey said: "I'm in love with her! I love her so much that I had to get a puppy dog over Christmas.

"This child just makes me want to have a baby, but I'm not ready to do that, so I've got a dog now! I didn't call it Nell and I didn't call it Scarlett, so I'm not too much of a psycho.

"She is just lovely. We're very, very lucky. She's got a beautiful manner and she's very open and lovely. And it just lifts everyone's spirits when she comes in because you have to be the best version of yourself. You can't be angry or crappy, so it's good."

© Channel 5
    Callum and Nell at Toadie and Sonya's wedding

Morey also admitted that Ryan Moloney, who plays Toadie, has to remind Eve not to get distracted by baby Scarlett when they're supposed to be acting.

Morey revealed: "Ryan's been good. Because it's supposed to be the opposite, that I've got more experience than him, because Sonya's already got a 15-year-old. But it's very much the other way around.

"I just get so distracted by how cute she is, Ryan has to remind me that she is cute but you're supposed to live with her every day.

"He's been really great, and just showing me how to hold her, because I don't even know how to hold a baby! But we're a lot more comfortable with each other. It's great."

Neighbours fans will see Sonya Rebecchi at her most vulnerable after she suffers two devastating setbacks in upcoming storylines.

Viewers in Australia have recently seen Sonya (Eve Morey) left delighted by the arrival of her long-lost uncle Walter (Chris Haywood), who has provided her with a new link to her past.

Unfortunately for Sonya, her happy times won't last for long as she is crushed to discover that scheming Walter is a con artist.

Having been completely fooled by Walter, Sonya is shellshocked when she learns that he has been thieving from her neighbours - as well as lifting her own proceeds from the garden nursery, Soap World reports.

Sonya hits rock bottom after discovering Walter's true colours, blaming herself for being so easily fooled.

Things later get worse for the mum-of-two as bad boy Robbo Slade (Aaron Jakubenko) returns to Erinsborough ahead of his upcoming trial for the attempted robbery at Lassiter's.

Knowing that Sonya will be the main witness against him in the court case, Robbo threatens her to keep quiet. This leaves Sonya fearing for her family and her own mental wellbeing, as she feels she may snap under the pressures that she is facing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-06-2013)

Neighbours star Eve Morey is having another big year of storylines on the soap, but she is also making an impact behind the scenes after encouraging producers to tackle the issue of eating disorders.

As we reported earlier this week, show chiefs have been busy working on two storylines which explore the topic after the actress made the suggestion on set.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Eve to hear how the idea came about and what's coming up for her character Sonya Rebecchi.

What inspired you to make this suggestion to the Neighbours producers?
    "I'd been observing a lot of things in the media, particularly representations of women. I also watched an amazing American documentary called Misrepresentation, which looked at how women tend to be quite disempowered by how sexualised and objectified they are in the media. We're an equal society at the end of the day, but the media doesn't necessarily support that.

"From my own experience of being a woman in the media and observing friends and colleagues, I really thought that this was an important issue, especially as so many of our audience are teenagers. I felt that it'd be an interesting topic to explore and when I suggested it, the script department agreed and went with it.

"I also told the Neighbours production team about The Butterfly Foundation, an Australian organisation which raises awareness of body image issues. The writers worked with them to make sure the storyline was as realistic as possible and included all of the relevant points."

Is it unusual for a cast member to suggest a storyline, or does it happen more often than we think?
    "The writing team are pretty open to ideas. They're aware that we know our characters really well, and if we're really passionate about something, they're more than happy to cover it on screen if it works within the framework of the show. It's not something we do every five minutes, but there are discussions between us and the writers about our characters and where they're going.

"With this storyline I wasn't aware that my character would be involved in it, but they decided to have me playing a role in the story on screen too."

What can you tell us about the storyline?
    "Well, when I first spoke to the writers, they were already starting a storyline with the character of Imogen, which sees her struggling with an eating disorder. That story involves the idea of control, as she uses her eating as a means of control when she has so much stress going on with her family.

"But there's actually a second story which comes months later, and this is the one that I'm more involved in. You'll see that Callum's friend Josie [played by Madison Daniel] has a big crush on him, and she comes into the show as quite a confident character.

"However, when Josie finds out that Callum actually has a crush on Imogen, she decides that she should change herself by emulating what's been going on with Imogen. She starts to change the way she looks, she starts dieting and she does strenuous exercise. Sonya observes this and tries to intervene.

"People may be surprised that we're doing two eating disorder storylines in quick succession, but I think they've both been handled really well and they both explore completely different aspects of quite a complex issue. It also shows a perpetual cycle which is quite realistic, as Josie is influenced by Imogen's behaviour."

We've heard that you're doing a postgraduate degree in psychology at the moment. How do you fit it in with Neighbours?
    "I'm doing it part time at the moment, studying two pre-requisite subjects before I get into the bulk of it next year. It actually fits in really well - psychology and acting are quite complementary as they both involve investigation of character and the human condition. I've only been doing it for a month, but a lot of the stuff I've been learning has been really interesting. I really enjoy applying it to my characterisation on screen, so it's really good."

Sonya's had quite a few emotional storylines recently. What have those stories been like to film?
    "The recent Walter storyline was particularly full-on to film. Sonya is a pretty emotional character anyway, but she really reached breaking point at that stage. It was interesting to film that and map it all out, but it was also quite exhausting - especially going into the Robbo story straight afterwards. It's one thing after another for Sonya! Not since the Callum story has Sonya experienced such an intensity of emotion, but it's really interesting to explore."

Are Sonya and Toadie on stable ground for now when it comes to their marriage?
    "I think they are! What Ryan [Moloney] and I have tried to do is show that people do have issues in relationships, but there doesn't necessarily have to be a fear that they're going to break up.

"From what I've just heard on the grapevine, the relationship is definitely going to be tested in the future, but I don't think there's going to be any worry that they'll split over it. The two characters love and respect each other. They're independent people with their own values and opinions, but it's interesting to address that!"

You're up for 'Best Daytime Star' at the Inside Soap Awards this year. How does it feel to be in the running?
    "I've only just found this out! It's so incredibly humbling. We film our show in Nunawading, Victoria in the middle of suburbia and we can't quite believe that it gets taken out across the world. To think that people are watching it and enjoying what you're doing is pretty awesome."

With Neighbours up for 'Best Daytime Soap', why should fans be voting for it?
    "I'd say because we have a lovely balance between being dramatic and relevant, but then also having a comic element to it. You can have a really heavy story with the teenagers but then flip back to Karl and Susan with a funny storyline. The transition on screen is seamless, and I think that's more so than on other soaps which can be quite heavy all of the time."

The last time we spoke, it was for the Neighbours explosion which turned out to be the highest-rated episode in the UK for years and even had a late-night screening. Were you aware of the attention it had over here?
    "I still can't fathom it! We had memos on our boards for all that kind of stuff, and I even saw the promo that Ryan filmed when he was in the UK. I was like, 'Whoa! Neighbours is a proper show over there!' That may sound silly, but it's so lovely that the UK audience are behind us and so invested in it."

Scott Major (Lucas) recently left the show and we know he's one of your closest friends from the cast. How did you feel about saying goodbye to him?
    "It was really difficult, especially because we're friends on screen and off. The only saving grace was Scott coming back to direct. He is the number one person for coming in, having a positive attitude and being happy. Scott's always saying, 'It's happy Monday!', or 'It's happy Wednesday!' - every week, every day! It was quite funny coming in and not having that.

"But then the other day he came in and it was 'Happy Thursday', so I was like, 'Ah, he's back!' It's also nice for him to explore another part of the show and himself.

"It was actually a double whammy because Alin Sumarwata (Vanessa), who's a very close friend of mine, also left. It was a very emotional time for Sonya and myself!"

Will Sonya and Lucas have more friendship scenes before he leaves the street?
    "Definitely! There's a lot to happen before Lucas and Vanessa go anywhere. Lucas has got quite a crazy and dark story to go through. Sonya and Lucas's friendship really gets pushed. Scott and Alin did some amazing work before they left, which I think people will really enjoy.

"What's also nice is that down the track, once the character of Lucas leaves, Sonya will go through something which is directly related to the fact that she's missing Lucas and their friendship. It's nice to have that, because sometimes characters can leave without much impact on the show."

Are you planning any more trips to the UK?
    "I would be there in a heartbeat! As soon as people want me to come back, I'll be there! I had such a wonderful time when I came over last time. I keep asking Ryan, 'Can't you go over and do something over there so they'll want me to come over too?' He's my meal ticket!"

Would you like Sonya to be a long-stay character for the show, or do you have other ambitions?
    "It's been four and a half years now and I'm not planning to go anywhere soon, so hopefully yes! I just want Toadie and Sonya to be together forever, so hopefully that'll all work out. Acting-wise, I'm happy in Ramsay Street and plugging away at my degree at the same time. I'm very, very lucky."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (24-08-2013)

Neighbours will have a big focus on the Rebecchi family over the next few months as Sonya and Toadie's marriage comes under further strain.

Viewers have already seen the Ramsay Street couple encounter problems in recent storylines, as Toadie (Ryan Moloney) has accused Sonya of neglecting their relationship while getting overly involved in other people's problems.

Future episodes see the situation worsen as newcomer Naomi Canning (Morgana O'Reilly) sets her sights on Toadie and begins to stir up trouble between him and Sonya…

Digital Spy recently caught up with Eve Morey, who plays Sonya, to get the gossip on the drama ahead for the Rebecchis.

From previous chats, we know that you're very invested in Sonya and Toadie as a couple. How have you felt about filming storylines where they're running into trouble?
    "It's been really hard! Obviously I can look at the situation from an outside perspective and see where Sonya and Toadie are making all of their mistakes, but I can do nothing to help them - I just have to play it out! It feels like it's been going for so long and they've just been bled out, but in a way that's a good thing because this is what happens in real life. Relationships don't just change overnight and there's usually a build-up of issues.

"In this case, the characters aren't learning from their mistakes and that's what can be frustrating. What we're seeing with Toadie and Sonya is that they're just not getting it. Particularly Sonya, I think - she's just not learning. She thinks she has learned her lesson, but then Toadie gives her an inch and she takes a mile!

"Obviously we also now have Sheila's daughter Naomi in the show. She comes into a vulnerable situation and wreaks havoc, which doesn't help either…"

Would you say that Sonya is more to blame for the marriage problems than Toadie is?
    "Part of me is very protective of my character, so I want to say that Sonya isn't more to blame! I think Sonya and Toadie could both communicate better, but then Sonya keeps putting herself in these situations where she's trying to help people and she's trying to do the right thing.

"But sometimes the right thing is to tell people to seek help from elsewhere, maybe from a counsellor. That's a good way to give advice rather than taking so much on yourself, and it'd also mean that she's not taking so much time away from her relationship.

"At the same time, I think that Toadie could help more in these situations too. For example, Sonya takes on a lot to do with Mark in future storylines, but I've often thought, 'Well Toadie is Mark's friend too!' Mark even helped Toadie out when he first found out that Sonya is Callum's mum. So I think it's a bit of both, but ultimately it's Sonya who isn't helping the most."

Toadie and Sonya struggle with Angie's arrival.
    © Channel 5
    Toadie and Sonya

Is there a danger that Sonya and Toadie could split up?
    "I don't think it's going to go that far. This is a couple that have never questioned that they want to be together. They adore each other, but they're definitely going to get to a point where they're going to be quite lost.

"They'll be desperate, in despair and wondering why things between them aren't working. They'll wonder what to do. Even if you love someone, what do you do if it's not working?"

Naomi will set her sights on Toadie in future episodes. Might Toadie have an affair?
    "I don't think he will. Ryan and I have talked about this and we think that Toadie is a good and honourable man. He's also watched what has happened to Karl and Susan over the years - he's been quite opinionated over that and was quite affected by it too. I can't help but feel that it's not within Toadie's nature to have an affair. Having said that, we're on a soap opera, so who knows? But I'd like to think that he wouldn't!"

Will Sonya quickly realise that Naomi can't be trusted?
    "No, not really! Sonya realises at times and gets hints of it, but then she lets it go. I think we all become a bit dumb when it comes to Naomi - especially Jarrod! That's part of the fun of the storyline. There are a couple of things that happen early on that Sonya questions, but then she's proved wrong and feels so guilty that she's even questioned Naomi, so she puts it aside in her brain.

"Unfortunately, that leaves Sonya's relationship with Jarrod vulnerable to Naomi. It's that red herring situation where Sonya is thinking, 'Is Naomi capable of that? Oh no, she's not - why did I ever think that?!' But of course Naomi is capable of so much worse…"

Morgana O'Reilly plays Naomi Canning on Neighbours
    © Fremantle Media
    Morgana O'Reilly plays newcomer Naomi

What has Morgana O'Reilly, who plays Naomi, been like to work with?
    "She's just awesome. She's so funny - she's really one of the funniest people that I've met and I just laugh all the time when she's around. It's great to work with her. I'm really protective of my fake relationship, but I couldn't think of anyone better to break it up - or at least to threaten it!

"The irony is that I love working with Morgana, but the only way I can work with her is if we're fighting, because our characters would never be friends. It's a bit bittersweet!"

How did you feel about Morgan Baker, who plays Sonya's son Callum, leaving the show?
    "Morgan has finished filming now, but before he left, I was in denial about it! He's left to concentrate on his education, so I'm so proud of him and the choices that he's making. He's such an awesome young dude, so in some respects it's wonderful, but it is really sad.

"Morgan was a huge part of the show and also our on-screen family. I remember when I first started on the show and I just fell in love with him. He was a little kid, so funny and so lovely. He was one of the reasons that I thought, 'I'd really love to work on this show full-time'.

"It's been nice to watch Morgan grow up and now it's sad not to see him everyday, because I guess you take that for granted. We're very lucky to be able to have a working environment where you get to know people from different ages, different lives and different circumstances. It was very sad seeing him go!"

Would you like Toadie and Sonya to take in a young character in the future, so there's still a teenage presence at the Rebecchi house?
    "Yeah, I think that would be great down the track. It would pose new challenges for Sonya and Toadie. As much as they're both Callum's mum and dad, it was always a bit of a weird playing ground because Sonya was always so caught up in the past in regards to Callum, while Toadie was more focused on the future for him. They had fun, but there was some deep-seeded muddiness there.

"Maybe if Sonya and Toadie had a teenager where they're both coming at the situation from an even perspective, that would be interesting for their relationship. This kid could be someone awful or someone lovely, but I think it'd be really great to explore."

Does Callum still have some good stories ahead before he goes?
    "There's really great storylines still to come, especially to do with Callum and Josie. Some of his last storylines centre around young people, sex and relationships and I think they were handled really, really well.

"Obviously we're a soap opera and sometimes you can get caught in the melodrama of teen relationships, but the last storylines with Josie and Callum are really quite grounded and really lovely. They were great to watch and hopefully they'll get a good reception."

Thread Information