Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

Neighbours star Eve Morey has claimed that it is easy for viewers to relate to her character Sonya Mitchell.

Sonya has been part of the Ramsay Street soap since August 2009, originally appearing as a guest before later being upgraded to a full-time regular.

Morey told What's On TV of her alter ego's success: "I think she is very relatable to viewers because she's pretty normal. Even looks wise, she's not glamorous, there is something quite humbling about her.

"Also, I think on an emotional level she always tries to do the right thing and the audience relates to that even when things are quite dramatic - she always does it for the right reason. Her heart is always in the right place."

Sonya's current storyline sees her keen to have a baby with boyfriend Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney).

Morey added: "I think they would be wonderful parents because they have put so much thought into the decision. Toadie has always wanted a child, and Sonya has always had this thing in her to make up for her past troubles.

"Whether there might be too much care and thought to get this one right, we'll have to wait and see."

Neighbours favourite Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy) recently hailed Sonya as one of the soap's best characters.

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney has predicted that there is a strong future for his character Toadie Rebecchi's current relationship with Sonya Mitchell.

The couple's romance storyline began when Sonya was introduced to the soap in late 2009, and viewers have since seen them overcome various obstacles together.

Moloney told The AAP of the pair's future: "I think they're well-matched. I think they'll be together for a while, although they're going to go through the ups and downs every relationship faces.

"The thing about these two is it's not a question of them loving each other, it's a matter of whether or not things go their way."

Discussing Toadie's romantic history, he continued: "I have no idea how or why but he's done okay, hasn't he? I think it's the thing of everyone wanting to see the underdog enjoy some kind of victory."

Toadie's current storyline on screen in Australia has seen him framed for a brutal attack on teen Chris Pappas (James Mason).

Moloney added: "He has to fight his way out of that one - with a bit of legal skill and a bit of sneakiness."

Neighbours returns to Channel 5 in the UK next week.

Neighbours characters Toadie Rebecchi and Sonya Mitchell are to finally receive joyous baby news in an upcoming episode.

The couple - played by Ryan Moloney and Eve Morey in the soap - have been trying to conceive a child for several months to no avail.

However, after the pair decide to put their family plans on hold, Sonya discovers she is finally pregnant.

"Toadie and Sonya have been through so much together that when they decided they wanted to have a baby they thought it would all go to plan," a Neighbours source told the Daily Star.

"Sadly, the pressure of trying to conceive led to heartache and stress so they decided to give up on the idea - unaware Sonya was already pregnant.

"Sonya is keen to keep the news to themselves as she is worried that it is too early to tell friends and family.

"But, like a lot of things in Ramsay Street, it is not going to be a secret for very long."

The scenes are due to be broadcast in the UK later this summer, while the episodes will air earlier in the year in Australia.

Ryan Moloney praised the pairing of his character with Morey's Sonya Mitchell earlier this year.

I can't stand Sonnya,as if it's not been doing my head in about her trying to concieve I can only imagine what it's going to be like when she finally does.Maybe this time she won't give her baby up like she did with Callum.

Neighbours character Callum Jones will turn to his dad for advice after getting his first crush.

Callum, played by Morgan Baker, fancies classmate Rani Kapoor and confides in dad Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney), who offers some advice.

Toadie tells girlfriend Sonya Mitchell (Eve Morey), who ends up embarrassing her son by hiring Rani to work with him in the nursery.

"Callum's cringing and embarrassed and doesn't know how he's going to get through each day working with Rani," a source told the Daily Star Sunday.

"And Callum is not at all happy about Toadie spilling the beans."

The storyline airs on Channel 5 next month.

Neighbours star Eve Morey has revealed that a stressed Sonya could lose her baby.

Sonya Mitchell eventually collapses after her evil ex Troy interferes with her relationship with Toadie.

Morey told TV Week: "Things have been unbelievably full on for Sonya lately. Just reading the scripts, I was stressed out! What happens this week is a nightmare.

"Sonya sees Troy as the devil incarnate - a man who has only ever wanted harmful things to happen to her.

"He really epitomises the blackness of Sonya's past and he's affecting everyone she loves."

Matters come to a head when Toadie (Ryan Moloney) punches a taunting Troy in the face, which prompts Troy to take out a restraining order against him.

Morey added: "The news that Troy's taken an order out on Toadie is the final straw. Sonya's in the first trimester, which is the most vulnerable time.

"It was so difficult for Sonya to fall pregnant in the first place, but now her body just shuts down because of the enormous amount of stress she's under."

Neighbours favourite Sonya Mitchell has another big week ahead on UK screens as the soap's dramatic Troy Miller storyline reaches an explosive conclusion.

In real life, meanwhile, Sonya's portrayer Eve Morey is celebrating after being nominated for 'Best Daytime Star' at the Inside Soap Awards for the second year running.

Now back home in Australia following a promotional trip to the UK, Eve recently caught up with Digital Spy to chat about the nomination and Sonya's future.

Congratulations on your nomination for 'Best Daytime Star' at the 2012 Inside Soap Awards. How does it feel to be in the running?
    "I'm blown away. It's exciting, very flattering and also fun to be featured with my colleagues. There is a lot of ribbing going on in the green room!"

How do you rate your chances?
    "Zero! I'm just very happy to have been included among the nominations."

Neighbours is also up for the 'Best Daytime Soap' prize. Why do you think people should be voting for the show this year?
    "Okay, I'm going to push Sonya and Toadie's barrow here. You should vote for Neighbours because of this gorgeous couple and they're finally having a beautiful baby, and they're a great mum and dad… see, I'm not great at self-promotion! Maybe if I say 'please', that will help!"

Which of your storylines have you particularly enjoyed this year?
    "Oh, definitely the pregnancy. I think the way it has unfolded has been so beautifully and precisely plotted for this couple. They've had highs and lows, and their reactions to all situations have been perfect."

Do you enjoy wearing the baby bump?
    "Yeah, it is fun. It's an odd sight when I go into costume and there on my rack with my clothes for the day is a belly. It's also funny having Alin [Sumarwata], who plays Vanessa, also strapping on a belly at the same time!"

After the mistakes she made with Callum, do you think Sonya will be a good mum second time around?
    "I think she could overcompensate to make up for those mistakes in the past, and she is pretty tough on herself. The baby will always be her main priority, but at what cost? There's something to ponder!"

Toadie's relationships have often ended in tears, so what do you think it is about Sonya that has meant a more long-lasting romance?
    "They just know each other so well now. This sounds cliché, but they really are best friends who happen to be in love."

What was it like to film the dramatic Troy Miller scenes recently?
    "They were very heavy scenes with lots of yelling, screaming and tears - but the drama is fantastic!"

Given her history, would you like any more faces from the past to come back to haunt Sonya?
    "Jeez, I'm not sure. I think we have flushed that out quite a bit already, but there is nothing like a good skeleton in the cupboard to spice things up!"

How did you find your recent publicity trip to the UK with co-star Ryan Moloney (Toadie)?
    "I'm still pinching myself that we were on this whirlwind adventure. Everyone was so nice and really interested in Neighbours - it was lovely to see how much the show is loved and respected in the UK. It was also great to be there so close to the Olympics because there was a real buzz."

Gemma Pranita, who plays Sonya's sister Jade, recently announced that she is leaving Neighbours. Will you be sad to see her go?
    "Absolutely. Because we play opposite each other a lot of the time, we spend a lot of time together and just have fun all the time. I'm trying not dwell on it actually. She is beautiful and extraordinarily talented, so I know she'll have a bright future."

With the news that Gemma is leaving, can you assure fans that you'll be staying around on Neighbours for the foreseeable future?
    "Hey, we just did a major renovation on the house, so I'm not going anywhere!"

What would you like to explore next with Sonya, and who would you like to share more screen time with?
    "I'd like to see her a bit more impulsive, throw herself into something out of character. And I'd love to do more with Colette [Mann]."

What are your hobbies outside of work?
    "I do a lot of running, which is handy because I love eating really good food and trying new restaurants… and London has some great restaurants, by the way!"

Can you share any final hints on what's next for Sonya?
    "She is concerned about her friend Lucas and how things pan out with Vanessa, so she does do a little meddling there. She also has some definite ideas about the birth which has Toadie in a spin…"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

;;
    Last edited by alan45; 30-07-2012 at 04:32.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Neighbours stars Eve Morey and Alin Sumarwata have shown off their characters' burgeoning baby bumps.

Sonya Mitchell and Vanessa Villante are currently involved in their own respective pregnancy storylines on Ramsay Street.

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

"Sonya and Vanessa have been able to play off each other sharing their experiences," explained Morey.

"And it doesn't end there - we have the labour and babies all ahead of us. Lots of great stuff to work with."

She went on to say that she is particularly pleased her character and Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) can try to put their recent turmoil behind them with the new arrival.

"I think I wore down the writers to give Toadie and Sonya a baby for ages," she revealed.

"After everything they have been through, it just seems like the most natural thing for these characters."

© Channel 5

The Neighbours costume department has different strap-on tummies for each tri-semester of the characters' pregnancies in the coming months.

Discussing the prosthetic bumps, Sumarwata - who became a first-time mum last year - joked: "The best part about this pregnancy is I can regain my waist in a matter of seconds at the end of each day!"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Neighbours star Ryan Moloney has predicted that his character Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi will grow even closer to fiancée Sonya Mitchell in the coming months.

The actor, who recently came third on Channel 5's Celebrity Big Brother, said that the pair's bond will be strengthened following the arrival of their baby daughter Nell.

Moloney told PA: "I think it will make them become more united. It gives them a different realm to focus on and they'll just grow more as a couple, I think."

He continued: "Toadie just loves taking Nell everywhere - he doesn't want to be apart from her. He just loves her to bits.

"I've loved having a little baby in to play with again."

UK viewers have seen a tough time for Sonya (Eve Morey) this week as she suffered serious health complications following Nell's birth.

Moloney joked: "It's quite nice when Eve is in a coma, normally she upstages me just by opening her mouth, which is quite good! It's nice when she's not saying anything!"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Thread Information