Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

Eve's face was so expressive the entire episode. You could tell exactly what she was thinking and all her emotions were written so clearly. She's really grown as an actress in the last few years, or perhaps it's just Sonya who has grown, but I didn't like her much when she was always stuttering and flakey. By the end she was the best in the show by far.

I don't follow soap gossip much but doesn't her husband (Tadpole) also work on the show behind the scenes? If so, it's even more strange that they let Eve go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CookieTargaryen For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (13-03-2019)

Interview with Eve re alternative storyline for Sonya, posted on Digital Spy:

Neighbours star Eve Morey reveals another alternative ending for Sonya Rebecchi
    And it was linked to a previous storyline.

Neighbours star Eve Morey has revealed that her departure from the show could have been very different.

The actress left the soap when her character Sonya Rebecchi passed away on a seaside trip with her family last month. Sonya was diagnosed with terminal cancer and, after receiving the devastating news, she and her husband Toadie (Ryan Moloney) arranged a family holiday so that she can spend as much time as possible with the kids.

In a new interview for TenPlay, Eve has now explained that the soap's showrunners initially thought of another alternative exit storyline for her character.

Sonya's exit was to be connected to her drinking addiction, which was last explored in 2017 when she was going through a moment of weakness and tried to numb her pain through alcohol.

However, the actress had a conversation with the soap's bosses and thought that wouldn't be the best way to write out her character.

"I had spoken to the producers about it and when we were talking what the exit would look like," Eve said. "I've felt that the only way Sonya would leave would be if she died."

Eve has previously revealed that Sonya's departure wasn't entirely her choice but explained that from a "business perspective" it "made sense".

Earlier this month, Ryan Moloney, who plays Toadie, spoke to Digital Spy about the stoyline and said that he also came up with an alternative storyline.

"I actually came up with a storyline where Toadie was the one who had cancer, or some kind of dark illness," he said.

"He'd finally get the all-clear and Sonya would be rushing to meet him, but she'd get taken out by a car. But we went with this one instead, so that's fine!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

MellBee (17-03-2019)

Eve is up for a gold logie Ryan also nominated for best actor and Neighbours for best drama

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/05/log...-nominees.html

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (27-05-2019), Ruffed_lemur (27-05-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours to bring in a new tribute for Sonya Rebecchi
    Soap brings in a touching memorial for the character.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...ebecchi-mural/

Neighbours is set to bring in a new tribute to Sonya Rebecchi on the show with a special mural in her memory.

The soap has unveiled the wall art on its social media, which depicts a colourful Sonya surrounded by leaves.

It is currently unclear how the mural will feature in the show, but it will no doubt be an emotional affair for fans following the character's death earlier this year.

Sonya died in the arms of husband Toadie on a seaside break just hours after receiving terrible news about her cancer.

Speaking to Digital Spy back in February, actress Eve Morey clarified that she was told that her contract was not renewed last year, rather than her herself quitting the show.

She added: "As shocking as it was, because it's a huge life change, it also made sense. It made sense for them from a business perspective, but also where I was at in my life too.

"Once your ego is out of the way and you realise this is showbusiness, I feel like everything worked out the way it should. I feel like everything happens for a reason. Ironically it's been a really positive and awesome thing to happen."
    Take a look at the mural below:

(See link in article)

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (05-10-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours' Sonya Rebecchi to make cameo as Toadie faces an emotional New Year's Eve
    A ghost of Christmas past?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...new-years-eve/

Eve Morey's Sonya Rebecchi will make a cameo during Neighbours' New Year episodes.

The character tragically passed away back in March after a battle with cancer, but to help Toadie overcome a lonely festive season, a video tape of Sonya will be cracked open and viola... she'll be back on our screens.

With the emotional scenes set to air on Monday, December 30 and Wednesday, January 1, Toadie is confronted by the reality of enduring his first year without Sonya.

Needing some company, he invites Kyle over, but by the time midnight arrives Kyle and Nell are both asleep on the sofa – leaving Toadie all on his own.

He's then reminded of Sonya's New Year's resolution recording, but is he ready to hear what's said inside?

The following day, Toadie begins to honour the spirit of Sonya even further – finding ways to bring her cherished values into the everyday lives of Hugo and Nell that their mum would be proud of.

If your New Year's resolution is not to cry, you might be about to break it.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (10-12-2019)

Thread Information