Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

Thanks for that - Cool Avatar by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I know Sonya used to be a gambler - when she first came into Neighbours she was Lucas' sponsor. Not sure what else she used to do.

I don't know why she kept quiet about being Callum's mum, except that she doesn't want to do anything that might spoil his current happy life.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crystalsea For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-03-2011)

Ryan Moloney has revealed that his Neighbours alter ego Toadie will face a tough time in the coming months.

Viewers have recently learned that Toadie's girlfriend Sonya is the biological mother of his adopted son Callum - prompting the Ramsay Street regular to question their relationship.

Added to that, Sonya's ex-boyfriend Troy - played by former Home and Away actor Dieter Brummer - is soon due to appear in Erinsborough.

Speaking to Holy Soap, Moloney teased the face-off between Sonya's former and present loves.

"[Toadie and Troy are] like a couple of bulls eyeing off each other, waiting to see who charges first," he explained.

"[Toadie] will go through a lot of turmoil before things turn around for him."

When asked what he is looking forward to about working with Brummer, Moloney joked: "[I'd love] to see if he can actually channel [Home and Away's] Ray Meagher and slip into the script, 'You flaming mongrel!' That would be a television moment!"

DS

Neighbours star Eve Morey has confirmed that her character Sonya Mitchell will soon have her big secret exposed on the soap.

Sonya has been hiding a shocking truth from partner Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) for months, failing to come clean over the fact that she is the birth mother of his adopted son Callum as they happily live together.

TV Week reports that the situation will come to a head on Australian screens next week as Callum (Morgan Baker) investigates the identity of his mum before finally finding out everything.

When the schoolboy visits an abandoned factory where he remembers receiving a toy from his mother, things go horribly wrong as a piece of machinery falls on him - leaving him trapped and injured.

Callum is later rushed to hospital where an important memory returns to him and he finally realises who his mum is. When Toadie hears the truth, there are then heated scenes as he angrily orders Sonya to leave the youngster's bedside.

Discussing the revelation, Morey told the magazine: "For Toadie, it's a betrayal to both him and his son. He's angry, but his initial priority is to make Callum number one."

She added: "Those scenes were so full-on. I don't like it when Ryan yells, and we had to have a big hug at the end of the day. It was exhausting!"

More twists are ahead for the plot in the coming months as Sonya's former flame Troy Miller arrives on Ramsay Street. Last week, it was confirmed that Troy is Callum's father.

DS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-03-2011)

Hoping it all works out for Sonya, Toadie and Callum in the end.

So would I but that does not happen very often in soap land, sadly

'Neighbours' Toadie 'shouldn't marry again'

Ryan Moloney has claimed that his Neighbours character Toadie Rebecchi should never marry girlfriend Sonya Mitchell.

The pair have been an item on screen for some time, but in an interview with Holy Soap, Moloney claimed that the disastrous weddings from Toadie's past should discourage him from tying the knot with Sonya.

Asked whether he would like to hear wedding bells for the couple, the actor replied: "I don't think Toadie should ever get married again. He drove his first wife off a cliff, he then went to get married again and realised she didn't love him the way that he wanted.

"The third marriage was a sham, so for Toadie marriage should be left alone."

Moloney also admitted that he is unsure about whether the pair should have children together, as recently suggested by Eve Morey, who plays Sonya.

He said: "Having a baby is a really good storyline, but the reality of it is that once they've gone past one year old, they are hard to work with after that. The idea sounds all right, but I'm hesitant about it."

Moloney also discussed the the forthcoming arrival of Callum Jones's father Troy Miller, confirming that the story will have a "dramatic" but "happy" ending.

Ryan Moloney has revealed that his current dramatic Neighbours storyline came about after a joke in a production meeting.

The actor's character Toadie Rebecchi is about to discover in coming weeks that his girlfriend Sonya Mitchell (Eve Morey) is the biological mother of adopted son Callum Jones (Morgan Baker).

However, Moloney told Inside Soap that the plot emerged from a throwaway suggestion to the writers of the Australian soap.

"I remember meeting the writers and laughing that Sonya might turn out to be the real mother of Toadie's adopted son," he explained.

"A few weeks later, they sat us down and told us they were planning to do just that. I could only think to myself, 'Oh dear, here we go!'"

Moloney also revealed that he relishes working with Morey, particularly on the major plot twist.

He explained: "I love Eve - she's an awesome actress. We set out to create a good relationship between Toadie and Sonya, and I like to think we succeeded - even if the pair of them are set to go through a rough patch for a while!"

The actor has previously expressed his desire for Toadie and Sonya to overcome their current problems.

DS

Neighbours actress Eve Morey has teased upcoming storylines involving her character Sonya Mitchell and on-off boyfriend Toadfish Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney).

Morey revealed that the newly-reunited pair's lives "will be fun again" once they get through their various issues together. She told Channel 5 that the couple disagree on whether or not to get married.

She said: "At this point Sonya wants to get married for the wrong reasons, and Toadie doesn't want to get married for the wrong reasons.

"They haven't both independently reached a healthy perspective on it. She wants to do it for security to protect [son] Callum, and he doesn't want to do it. He feels it will jinx [their relationship], because his other marriages have gone that way."

She added that there are exciting storylines ahead for the pair while they work through their disagreements.

"Sonya and Toadie are at a point in the their relationship where they have to make some really big decisions, and this will change the direction they move in."

Eve Morey signed a deal to stay on the soap for at least a year in February.

Neighbours star Eve Morey has hinted at what the future holds for her character Sonya Mitchell, admitting that she will have to work hard to fully secure the trust of her son Callum Jones.

Sonya has been part of the soap for nearly two years, but Callum (Morgan Baker) only discovered that she is his mother a few months ago - a revelation which caused shockwaves on Ramsay Street.

In an interview with Channel 5's Neighbours website, Morey confirmed that the relationship between Sonya and Callum will be further explored in the coming months.

Asked whether Sonya will get a chance to show her potential as a mother, she replied: "Oh yes, and the good thing is it happens at a pace which is perfect.

"It isn't suddenly, 'Okay, now I'm your mother' and make up for lost time - there has to be a trust that is earned."

Morey also explained that there are more storylines ahead for Sonya and her sister Jade, played by Gemma Pranita.

She said: "What is nice is that for most part of Gemma coming into the show, the character of Jade has had to support Sonya during these big storylines or life moments.

"Now we are seeing more of Jade not only as a support character but a bigger character who is really coming into herself, and Sonya can help her."

Eve Morey has revealed Ramsay Street bosses have decided to finally calm things down between her character Sonya Mitchell and boyfriend Toadie Rebecchi.

The couple, who split after Toadie discovered Sonya was adopted son Callum’s birth mum, will get the chance to enjoy the lighter side of their relationship.

Gorgeous Eve told us: “They’ve both been growing as individuals so it’s going to be nice to see them grow as a couple. This will give them a solid foundation.

“We’ve lots of fun times ahead which is really nice. But I don’t think Sonya will ever truly escape her past because ultimately I don’t think she should.”

Daily Star Sunday

Thread Information