Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    or she'd have cheated left toad for someone better
    It amazes me that Toad - lovely guy but a head like a half eaten pastie and the weirdest ears ever outside of Star Trek - attracts girls like Dee or Sonya.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
    It amazes me that Toad - lovely guy but a head like a half eaten pastie and the weirdest ears ever outside of Star Trek - attracts girls like Dee or Sonya.
    Women are attracted to men with a great sense of humour; I take that every day over someone who's handsome but shallow and with no sense of humour!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

Anne N (04-03-2019), kaz21 (02-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
    Women are attracted to men with a great sense of humour; I take that every day over someone who's handsome but shallow and with no sense of humour!
    Handsome + a sense of humour even better!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

Mirjam (04-03-2019), Ruffed_lemur (03-03-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours confirms four more returnees for Sonya Rebecchi's memorial
    Ramsay Street says goodbye to one of its own.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...morial-guests/

Neighbours will welcome back some familiar faces for Sonya Rebecchi's memorial service next week.

Fans can expect even more tear-jerking scenes as Ramsay Street residents from past and present all gather together to pay their last respects to Sonya.

Lucas Fitzgerald (Scott Major), Vanessa Villante (Alin Sumarwata), Angie Rebecchi (Lesley Baker) and Willow Somers (Mieke Billing-Smith) all return to Erinsborough for the sombre occasion.

Sonya's son Callum (Morgan Baker) and sister Jade (Gemma Pranita), who've recently returned to screens, are also in attendance.

Show bosses have promised that the gathering by Lassiters Lake will be "a beautiful celebration of the amazing life of Sonya Rebecchi".

Toadie and Lucas both give loving speeches in front of the gathered guests, before Callum steps up and struggles to get through his own.

Much to everyone's surprise, it's Angie who steps in to help Callum. It's no secret that Angie didn't always see eye-to-eye with her daughter-in-law, but she shares some generous words that she regrets she never said when Sonya was there to hear them.

Sonya's final scenes will air tomorrow (March 5) as she tragically passes away on a family holiday with Toadie and the kids, just weeks after being diagnosed with stage four cancer.

Eve Morey, who played Sonya for nine years, has confirmed that it wasn't her choice to leave the show.

She told Digital Spy recently: "It was a decision made by the production. From what I understand, at the end of 2017, the show was at a point of: 'Is it going to go ahead, or is it not?'

"In the end it did, but there were going to have to be big changes and every department suffered that. When it comes to the cast, I was one of them.

"I'd come back from maternity leave and I wasn't doing as many episodes. I don't know if anyone even noticed, but I was doing two episodes per week rather than three, and taking more time out with the kids.

"I was thinking: 'This is great. It'd be good to do this, to do less'. But the producers had decided that they'd be finishing Sonya at the end of the year."

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, March 11 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

and the radiotimes.com article with a few more picture:

Goodbye Sonya Rebecchi… don’t miss the emotional memorial episode of Neighbours
    Ramsay Street residents past and present gather to farewell Sonya

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2019...of-neighbours/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 04-03-2019 at 03:29.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (04-03-2019), badirene (05-03-2019), Bossy7 (05-03-2019), MellBee (04-03-2019), Ruffed_lemur (04-03-2019), tammyy2j (05-03-2019)

Such a strange decision to not keep Eve/Sonya. A long term popular character who is part of a popular couple/family, which in Neighbours is rare. Of course none of us know what went on behind the scenes but on face value it seems like a bad decision.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

Anne N (04-03-2019), badirene (05-03-2019), tammyy2j (05-03-2019)

Ah man, today's episode. The moment when hope for a recovery disappears and she knows there's only one outcome.

It's tough to know whether telling Toadie is better than the end being a surprise for him. In this scenario, i've been in Callum's position rather than Toad's, if you know what I mean, but I knew exactly what was happening to my parent, that no recovery was possible, and the timeframe of when it was likely to happen. It meant that every conversation carried extra significance, every moment was very important and then later every text message, phone call or email popped up with a sense of dread at what it might contain. Suppose this way it allows Toad to enjoy the time left without it being tinged with heartbreak.

Today was a tough watch for me, I expect tomorrow will be too. I think, generally, they have been very realistic with the storyline. Some have said the acting has been a bit ropey but I thought that was harsh because when you're told your loved one has cancer, especially Stage 4, there's no 'right' way to react. It's shocking, terrifying and confusing all at the same time. And then you have a tonne of questions and want to be there for them even though deep down you know...

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

Anne N (04-03-2019), badirene (05-03-2019), Bossy7 (05-03-2019), MellBee (04-03-2019), Moniqorange (04-03-2019), Pantherboy (05-03-2019), Ruffed_lemur (04-03-2019), tammyy2j (05-03-2019)

I am devastated they decided Sonya had to go. Either way I don't think Toadie is ever meant to be with someone forever. He's had more marriages than I can remember and I guess they take away the whole ' his first wife was killed off ' scenario by actually bringing back his 'dead wife' so in actual fact they've only killed off one of his wives...
    Thanks for the years Sonya/Eve. I'm already a mess over tonight's episode and I can't even begin to think what I'll be like tomorrow night :'(
    Last edited by Moniqorange; 04-03-2019 at 14:52. Reason: Poor spelling

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moniqorange For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-03-2019), Bossy7 (05-03-2019), tammyy2j (05-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
    does toad? he is very childish at times

i am sad to see sonya die, eve leave not by her own choice

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (05-03-2019)

Good stuff from Eve during her time on the show and especially her last ep. Silly decision to let her go. Should have been Toadie.

She wasn't my favourite but damn that last episode hit me hard.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kyzaah For This Useful Post:

Anne N (05-03-2019), kaz21 (05-03-2019), lizann (07-03-2019), Pantherboy (05-03-2019), tammyy2j (05-03-2019)

Thread Information