Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sonya to make home on Ramsay Street

Neighbours dog trainer Sonya Mitchell has been upgraded to a regular character.

Sonya, played by Eve Morey, will reunite with Toadie (Ryan Moloney) and make a more permanent home on Ramsay Street when his sham marriage is blown, according to fansite The Perfect Blend.

The pair are smitten with each other, but Toadie put his feelings aside to help cover up the fact that pal Steph Scully (Carla Bonner) was expecting Dan Fitzgerald's baby.

Meanwhile, fans will see Libby Kennedy's son Ben Fitzgerald (Blake O'Leary) leave the street to join a school for the gifted.

A Channel Five source said: "The Ben character is younger than the other main kids, Sophie and Callum. They are now in high school, but Ben is still in junior school, so it was tricky to come up with storylines which involve all the kids."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (15-02-2011), Dazzle (23-08-2010)

It's about time Toadie found some happiness.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

zebra (05-12-2014)

I'm thrilled, I love Sonya - she's a great addition to the cast

So Sonya moves in with Toadie

It's great news that Sonya's staying!

SONYA Mitchell is shaken when little Callum Jones decides he wants to track down his real mum.

She babe has been hiding the fact that she’s his mum from both Callum and his adopted dad Toadie Rebecchi.

She briefly considers revealing her secret but decides against it and instead is forced to sabotage Callum’s hunt.

Sonya’s sister Jade also knows the truth and must choose whether to reveal all.

An insider said: “Sonya decides to do everything she can to stop Callum – but that’s not going to be easy.”

The story unfolds on Channel 5 in spring.

Daily Star Sunday

Neighbours' Eve Morey would love Sonya and Toadie to have more children together.

They may have had a rocky romance, but they both love Callum and Eve thinks it would be great to see them expand their family.

She said: "I would love it. I think there is so much richness in Toadie and Sonya going on that journey together which lends itself to humour, sadness, more drama. Cross fingers they will go down that path."

But when Toadie, played by Ryan Moloney, discovers Sonya has been hiding the secret from him that she is actually Callum's birth mother, he does not react well.

Eve revealed: "He is devastated. He feels 'well did you love me or did you just want your kid?' And it's nearly been two years, that's crazy! I don't think we have ever kept a secret that long."

But after all that time hiding her secret from Toadie and her son, Eve hopes Sonya can be happy.

She said: "I'd like to see her reach her potential as a mother because she ultimately needs to forgive herself for what has happened. For so long she has beaten herself up which is why she spirals."

PA

'Neighbours' Toadie 'shouldn't marry again'

Ryan Moloney has claimed that his Neighbours character Toadie Rebecchi should never marry girlfriend Sonya Mitchell.

The pair have been an item on screen for some time, but in an interview with Holy Soap, Moloney claimed that the disastrous weddings from Toadie's past should discourage him from tying the knot with Sonya.

Asked whether he would like to hear wedding bells for the couple, the actor replied: "I don't think Toadie should ever get married again. He drove his first wife off a cliff, he then went to get married again and realised she didn't love him the way that he wanted.

"The third marriage was a sham, so for Toadie marriage should be left alone."

Moloney also admitted that he is unsure about whether the pair should have children together, as recently suggested by Eve Morey, who plays Sonya.

He said: "Having a baby is a really good storyline, but the reality of it is that once they've gone past one year old, they are hard to work with after that. The idea sounds all right, but I'm hesitant about it."

Moloney also discussed the the forthcoming arrival of Callum Jones's father Troy Miller, confirming that the story will have a "dramatic" but "happy" ending.

Ryan Moloney has revealed that his current dramatic Neighbours storyline came about after a joke in a production meeting.

The actor's character Toadie Rebecchi is about to discover in coming weeks that his girlfriend Sonya Mitchell (Eve Morey) is the biological mother of adopted son Callum Jones (Morgan Baker).

However, Moloney told Inside Soap that the plot emerged from a throwaway suggestion to the writers of the Australian soap.

"I remember meeting the writers and laughing that Sonya might turn out to be the real mother of Toadie's adopted son," he explained.

"A few weeks later, they sat us down and told us they were planning to do just that. I could only think to myself, 'Oh dear, here we go!'"

Moloney also revealed that he relishes working with Morey, particularly on the major plot twist.

He explained: "I love Eve - she's an awesome actress. We set out to create a good relationship between Toadie and Sonya, and I like to think we succeeded - even if the pair of them are set to go through a rough patch for a while!"

The actor has previously expressed his desire for Toadie and Sonya to overcome their current problems.

DS

Neighbours actress Eve Morey has teased upcoming storylines involving her character Sonya Mitchell and on-off boyfriend Toadfish Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney).

Morey revealed that the newly-reunited pair's lives "will be fun again" once they get through their various issues together. She told Channel 5 that the couple disagree on whether or not to get married.

She said: "At this point Sonya wants to get married for the wrong reasons, and Toadie doesn't want to get married for the wrong reasons.

"They haven't both independently reached a healthy perspective on it. She wants to do it for security to protect [son] Callum, and he doesn't want to do it. He feels it will jinx [their relationship], because his other marriages have gone that way."

She added that there are exciting storylines ahead for the pair while they work through their disagreements.

"Sonya and Toadie are at a point in the their relationship where they have to make some really big decisions, and this will change the direction they move in."

Eve Morey signed a deal to stay on the soap for at least a year in February.

Thread Information