Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

I should have stuck with my first instinct.

think nellyfish safer with toad and his brother and his family

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (25-05-2017)

I think even sonya will realise that.

radiotimes.com article:

Neighbours: Sonya Rebecchi confesses to causing hostel crash - here's what happens next

The truth is finally revealed in shock flashback, but could the cops cover it up?

Neighbours has finally revealed who was behind the wheel of the ute that crashed into the hostel that caused all that carnage - Sonya Rebecchi.

The recovering Ramsay Street addict was plagued by flashbacks as she began to piece together the events of that lost early morning when she was stumbling home after an all-night booze bender.

Unbeknown to her, Mark Brennan and Steph Scully have buried their suspicions of their friend by destroying evidence - with the help of Mark's police boss Ellen Crabb - that places her at the scene of the crime.

However, that's now looking like a terrible error of judgement as Sonya, after one final (and frankly quite freaky) flashback that confirmed it, marched into the police station at the end of today's episode and confessed she remembers being the driver of the vehicle that drove into Erinsborough Backpackers hostel, seriously injuring Piper Willis and David Tanaka.

In tomorrow's episode, Mark and DS Crabb are frantic as to how they'll explain destroying the evidence, while Sonya admits to husband Toadie she's fallen off the wagon - how will he react if she reveals the truth about the crash too? And how will the rest of Erinsborough deal with the news once the identity of the destructive driver becomes public knowledge?

Next Monday sees Sonya attempt to make amends with her neighbours, but it's going to be a long road to forgiveness.

As if she hadn't been through enough this year, it looks like life is about to get even worse for Sonya - could she end behind bars?

Neighbours continues weekdays on Channel 5 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm.

http://images.radiotimes.com/namedim...69cdfe475a.jpg
    http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/im...e579b44f53.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (27-05-2017), TaintedLove (26-05-2017)

Shocked that Det. Ellen burnt the shoes. Thought Stef and Mark were gone!

Sonya won't go to jail that would be too cruel. Community service or something.

Digital Spy article:

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...toadie-future/

Neighbours star Eve Morey teases Callum Rebecchi's return AND Sonya and Toadie's future

What now for the Rebecchis?

Neighbours star Eve Morey has offered more details on Callum Rebecchi's return storyline, saying the teenager is the only person who can get through to her troubled character Sonya.

It was revealed back in January that Sonya and Toadie's son Callum would be making his way back to Ramsay Street this year as part of a big storyline for the Rebecchi family.

Sonya and Toadie have taken centre stage over the last few months following the arrival of con artist Andrea, whose scheming had devastating consequences for both of them.

Sonya has since been on a downward spiral after losing the baby she was carrying for Mark Brennan and splitting from Toadie, with recent episodes revealing that she was responsible for the Backpackers crash too.

Luckily, it's not all bad news for Sonya as Callum will soon be heading back to Erinsborough to give his mum some much-needed love and support.

Speaking about Callum's return, Eve – who plays Sonya – said to Tenplay: "It's the best! He's been gone for nearly three years.

"It's sad that it took this storyline to bring him back. I think he is the only person who can actually get through to Sonya.

"For Callum to see Sonya in this way will really make her re-evaluate the situation. Morgan is so smart and funny and I always have wonderful conversations with him. We get along so well, we speak the same language."

Eve also offered a glimmer of hope to fans of Sonya and Toadie, revealing that she thinks the couple will be able to find their way back to each other.

Discussing if Sonya can ever forgive Toadie for his betrayal, Eve said: "I think so. At this point she still holds a lot of anger at both at Toadie and at herself.

"We are working through this now with the scripts, it's so much more than just a one time affair and the reason behind Toadie doing what he's done is a lot deeper than a simple mistake. I think if Sonya gets past that she will be able to forgive him."

Callum bowed out of Ramsay Street in 2014 following Morgan Baker's decision to focus on his education, but reprised the role for a one-off cameo appearance a year later.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

blue2 (27-05-2017), MellBee (27-05-2017), Ruffed_lemur (28-05-2017), TaintedLove (04-06-2017)

Neighbours star Eve Morey has announced that she's pregnant with her second child.

The actress, who plays Ramsay Street's Sonya Rebecchi, is currently on a trip to the UK and announced the happy news live on Channel 5's The Wright Stuff on Tuesday morning (June 27).

When panellist Suzi Perry pointed out that congratulations were in order, a delighted Eve confirmed that she's 22 weeks pregnant.

While the news is definitely no secret on the set of Neighbours, it's the first time that Eve has announced it publicly.

She laughed: "Everyone at work knows, but we realised yesterday that nobody outside of work knows!"

Eve and her husband Jonathan Dutton are already parents to a young daughter called Ivy, who was born in November 2014.

Eve and Jonathan, who previously played Tad Reeves in Neighbours, tied the knot a year later.

On screen in Neighbours, it's been a huge year of storylines for Eve as her character Sonya has had to deal with her husband Toadie cheating on her with evil Dee Bliss lookalike Andrea Somers.

Sonya also tragically lost a child that she'd agreed to carry for Mark Brennan and Steph Scully as a surrogate mum.

Digital Spy

Guess she will have to be written out for maternity leave ...I suppose a split from Toadie will be the reason

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

MellBee (27-06-2017), Pantherboy (28-06-2017)

Or they could send her to rehab for a bit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (28-06-2017)

Radiotimes.com interview with Eve Morey:

Neighbours: Eve Morey interview – “The Dee story isn’t over yet!”

Don’t expect a happy ending for Sonya and Toadie just yet, warns the Ramsay Street star in our exclusive interview

http://images.radiotimes.com/namedim...64c1275129.jpg

Neighbours' Sonya Rebecchi has gone from pillar of the community to emotional wreck in the space of just a few months. Married to stalwart Toadie, mum to cute little Nell, mayor of Erinsborough, this was the woman who had it all. Until her husband cheated on her with a woman he thought was his missing ex back from the dead…

The ‘Fake Dee’ storyline, in which a con artist doppelganger of Dee Bliss turned up 13 years after she plunged into the sea sniffing around her inheritance, has been one of the most talked-about soap plots of the year.

http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/im...e22fae9ed4.jpg

But while the central conceit was high concept and just the right side of crackers, the emotional fallout has been surprisingly deep and saw recovering addict Sonya tragically lose a child, hit the bottle hard and endure a very public meltdown.

As Willow Somers, teenager daughter of evil imposter Andrea, returns to Ramsay Street to open old wounds for the Rebecchis, actress Eve Morey discusses what she describes as her most intense six months on the show since she started playing Sonya in 2009.

“It just hasn’t stopped,” says the star in an exclusive interview during a recent visit to the UK. “The storylines have been incredibly challenging, and playing drunk is so hard. Hopefully all that time being a trash bag in my early 20s came in handy!

“But I’m pleased we’ve shown the real consequences of what happened to the character, it’s not like we’ve moved on in a few weeks and forgotten everything which is often the way in soap. If you don’t deal with your issues, there can be real mental health consequences – that’s what we’re exploring now.”

http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/im...211a80ea63.jpg

Sonya’s mental health takes another battering when Willow reappears next week, having escaped the clutches of her lying mother. The teenager may be as much a victim of Andrea’s antics as the Rebecchis, but that doesn’t stop Sonya freaking out when she sees her again.

“She’s petrified as she thinks Dee is with her,” continues Morey. “This situation is Sonya’s trigger and she worries she could fall back into her destructive patterns. Just when she was starting to feel strong again and move forward from her self-hatred it could all come tumbling down.”

Willow has left Andrea behind in London and returned to Australia alone, but without a legal guardian she could end up in care – so Toadie wants to take her in. How does Sonya feel about that?

“It’s a no-win situation. Willow symbolises a lot of bad stuff which is sad because she’s just a young girl. Sonya is angry at Andrea for putting her child in that situation, but Sonya doesn’t blame Willow. As a mother herself whose made mistakes, she’s got compassion towards her.

“Ultimately Sonya recognises who the adults are in this crazy mess, they are the ones who allowed the situation to get where it did and that wasn’t Willow’s fault. So as hard as it is, she can’t really object to letting Willow stay in Erinsborough.”

http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/im...1d148946b6.jpg

While Sonya tries to make peace with the past, Morey reveals Toadie’s still got his unresolved issues, which Willow’s unexpected return will highlight.

“We start to see his behaviours and what’s driving him. Sonya’s issues are very overt, she got drunk in front of everyone and caused the backpackers’ accident – Toadie’s are a lot more subtle and beneath the surface.

“He has a ‘white knight’ complex, a need to fix everything and to feel like the dutiful man doing the right thing by everyone – but at the expense of his own happiness and that of those around him.

“On the one hand he’s saying he’ll do anything to get back together with Sonya, yet at the same time he wants to take in the child of the woman who is the root of all their issues. He fails to see the correlation between them not moving forward and helping Willow…”

With Sonya and Toadie seemingly still at odds, Morey admits to having doubts when producers pitched the idea of wrecking the Rebecchi marriage. “I was resistant at first, as was Ryan (Moloney, aka Toadie). But now, the growth that’s come out of it for the characters has been worth it, and I’ve enjoyed playing it more than I thought.

“While they make a great couple, what’s interesting is exploring how they also enable bad habits in each other – we’ve not seen that element before.

“In fact now I wouldn’t feel comfortable if they reunited without working through their issues, so I want to keep them apart for longer!”

http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/im...370505caef.jpg

And what of ‘Fake Dee’, wicked Andrea Somers – with Willow sticking around for a while, will Neighbours heed fans’ cries to bring the incorrigible imposter back to continue the bonkers blockbuster plot?

“This story is not yet resolved,” smiles Morey, “there hasn’t been an ending yet. It would be good to have some kind of resolution for Sonya after all the trauma, and for Andrea to pay for what she’s done.”

So what about those theories that Andrea could return in around nine months’ time carrying a little surprise from her and Toadie’s lusty liaision in London? Morey won’t be drawn…

“I don’t think she’s coming back any time soon – that’s all I can say… Although Andrea is meant to still be in London. Maybe I’ll bump into her while I’m here!”

Neighbours continues weekdays on Channel 5 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (03-07-2017), Ruffed_lemur (04-07-2017), TaintedLove (03-07-2017)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours won't be writing Eve Morey's pregnancy into Sonya Rebecchi's storylines

It looks like a low-key exit is being lined up instead.

Neighbours star Eve Morey has revealed that her pregnancy won't be written into Sonya Rebecchi's scripts, with a low-key exit being planned for her maternity leave.

The actress announced her pregnancy live on Channel 5's The Wright Stuff last week, and later confirmed that she's expecting her second daughter.

However, Eve has said that her happy news doesn't mean her alter ego Sonya will be announcing she's pregnant anytime soon – even though the writers did initially toy with that idea.

"When our producer was telling me about upcoming storylines, I wasn't 12 weeks but I had to tell him I was pregnant," Eve told the Huff Post.

"He was like, 'Oh, that's great! We can make it work!', and then they thought that maybe Sonya could be pregnant too, but then realised she hadn't slept with anyone. But no, we're going to hide it.

"I think it will be relatively low key because Sonya always has Callum to go and see. Last time, they chilled my storylines out towards the end of my pregnancy, so it would be great if it could be a nice exit again, rather than a tragedy."

This will come as welcome news to fans who have watched Sonya go off the rails after her husband Toadie cheated on her with Fake Dee and she lost the child she was carrying for Steph Scully and Mark Brennan as a surrogate mum.

Eve is welcoming the child with her husband Jonathan Dutton, who's best known for playing Tad Reeves on Neighbours between 1998 and 2002.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Thread Information