Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Eve Morey (Sonya Rebecchi)

Quote Originally Posted by Bossy7 View Post
    Oh me too!! Only the real Dee can fix this nightmare. It would be awesome to have Maddie West back full time. I’d also love to see Ash Brewer back as Kate too.
    GIllyH incarnation????

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

badirene (15-02-2019), Pantherboy (15-02-2019), Perdita (15-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
    GIllyH incarnation????
    First thing that came to my mind ....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (15-02-2019), Mirjam (15-02-2019), Pantherboy (15-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    First thing that came to my mind ....
    Evil twin ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    Evil twin ?

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours reveals first look at Sonya Rebecchi's final scene
    The Aussie soap airs heartbreaking episodes next week.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...i-final-scene/

Neighbours airs Sonya Rebecchi's devastating final scenes next week as she passes away on a seaside break with her family.

Sonya dies in the arms of her beloved husband Toadie (Ryan Moloney), just hours after receiving some terrible news about her cancer.

Next week, Sonya and Toadie arrange a family holiday as they're determined to spend as much time as possible with the kids.

Sonya's sister Jade and son Callum (Morgan Baker) agree to take Nell and Hugo off early, while Sonya and Toadie attend an important check-up at the hospital.

Sonya ends up seeing the doctor alone as Toadie takes an urgent phone call. Afterwards, she tells him that everything is fine, keeping quiet about what she was really told about her future.

Later on, Sonya and Toadie set off to join the others at the beach, but she eventually admits that the chemotherapy hasn't worked and she doesn't have long left.

The couple arrive at the beach house to discover that Callum has taken Nell and Hugo down to the water.

Aware that she's getting weaker, Sonya is keen to see them all one last time. Tragically, the effort becomes too much and she eventually decides that she doesn't want the children to see her like this.

Toadie is left distraught as Sonya passes away suddenly, in some of the most heartbreaking scenes in the soap's history.

Eve Morey, who played Sonya, filmed her final scenes on location late last year. The popular star has been part of the show's cast since 2009.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, March 4 and Tuesday, March 5 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

badirene (25-02-2019), Ruffed_lemur (25-02-2019), tammyy2j (27-02-2019)

Digital Spy article:

Exclusive: Neighbours star Eve Morey reveals Sonya Rebecchi's exit wasn't her choice
    "It was a decision made by the production."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...i-exit-choice/

Neighbours star Eve Morey has set the record straight over her departure from the show, confirming that it wasn't her choice to leave.

Ever since word leaked out that Sonya Rebecchi would be bowing out from the Aussie soap, fans have assumed that Eve quit after nine years.

However, in a new chat with Digital Spy, Eve revealed that she was told early last year that her contract wouldn't be renewed beyond 2018.

The surprise decision came as part of big changes behind the scenes when Neighbours was renewed on its new multi-year deal. Eve went on to film her final scenes in December.

When we asked the all-important question of why she left Neighbours, Eve replied: "It was a decision made by the production. From what I understand, at the end of 2017, the show was at a point of: 'Is it going to go ahead, or is it not?'

"In the end it did, but there were going to have to be big changes and every department suffered that. When it comes to the cast, I was one of them.

"I'd come back from maternity leave and I wasn't doing as many episodes. I don't know if anyone even noticed, but I was doing two episodes per week rather than three, and taking more time out with the kids.

"I was thinking: 'This is great. It'd be good to do this, to do less'. But the producers had decided that they'd be finishing Sonya at the end of the year."

Eve was quick to insist that there were no hard feelings whatsoever between her and the show's team.

She continued: "As shocking as it was, because it's a huge life change, it also made sense. It made sense for them from a business perspective, but also where I was at in my life too.

"Once your ego is out of the way and you realise this is showbusiness, I feel like everything worked out the way it should. I feel like everything happens for a reason. Ironically it's been a really positive and awesome thing to happen."

The decision for Sonya to be killed off was suggested by Eve herself, as she didn't believe there was another plausible way for her to go after everything the Rebecchis had already overcome together.

Eve explained: "I suggested the story when we knew that Sonya would be leaving. One of my questions was: 'How do we get Toadie and Sonya to separate in a way that's very true to them, after everything they've been through?'

"My first instinct was: 'I think she has to die. She wouldn't leave any other way'. Although I don't think I thought about how traumatic it would be to play out! But I was involved in the evolution of this storyline.

"We found such beauty in the storyline, but I am very sad that this person who I feel like I've known for nine years, is now passing away."

Eve, who's mum to two young daughters, hasn't yet decided whether she wants to continue with acting following her departure from Neighbours.

She added: "I'm not sure if I want to do acting anymore – I feel a bit acted out at the moment! I'm focusing on the girls right now. My eldest goes to primary school next year. It made sense at the time for me to stay on the show for a few years after she was born, but I do feel like I've missed being home. My plans at the moment are to dedicate as much time to them as possible.

"I'm also interested in working with actors. I've always been interested in psychology and I was studying that before I got pregnant for the first time. I'm looking at maybe doing something with actors that helps them – not only with their work, but also to find more purpose and meaning in what they do. So that's what I'm hoping the next evolution of Eve will be!

"I'll be starting with doing some drama coaching on Neighbours, so I can get in there with some of the actors and talk about the scripts and get the most out of them."

Neighbours airs Sonya's exit on Tuesday, March 5 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (26-02-2019), tammyy2j (27-02-2019)

This bit is a surprise:

The surprise decision came as part of big changes behind the scenes when Neighbours was renewed on its new multi-year deal. Eve went on to film her final scenes in December.

When we asked the all-important question of why she left Neighbours, Eve replied: "It was a decision made by the production. From what I understand, at the end of 2017, the show was at a point of: 'Is it going to go ahead, or is it not?'

"In the end it did, but there were going to have to be big changes and every department suffered that. When it comes to the cast, I was one of them.
    As if 10 were thinking of cancelling the show. No idea what the ratings are like but it's been on as long as i've been alive, and growing up in England it was our window to what Australia was like (this and Crocodile Dundee....). The lifestyle looked exciting, weather amazing, all that.. Neighbours, Paul Hogan, and later H&A probably did a lot for Aussie tourism at the time. Cancelling Neighbours would be like cancelling Eastenders or Coronation St.

I find this shocking news; there are other people who are absolutely crap actors why not get rid of them? Toady and Sonya are iconic characters, just like Harold/Madge, Lou, Susan and Karl....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

Anne N (26-02-2019), badirene (27-02-2019), Pantherboy (26-02-2019), tammyy2j (27-02-2019)

I'm shocked that Eve was let go. She's such a great actress and Sonya is an integral part of the show. Much rather they got rid of Bea and her horrid singing.

And regarding the weather in Neighbours. It's not really a true representation of Melbourne where it's often grey and rainy just like old London town. I love how in Neighbours winter in Melbourne is always sunny and people get around in tee shirts But that's what sells.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

Anne N (26-02-2019), badirene (27-02-2019), kaz21 (26-02-2019), Pantherboy (26-02-2019), tammyy2j (27-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
    I'm shocked that Eve was let go. She's such a great actress and Sonya is an integral part of the show. Much rather they got rid of Bea and her horrid singing.

And regarding the weather in Neighbours. It's not really a true representation of Melbourne where it's often grey and rainy just like old London town. I love how in Neighbours winter in Melbourne is always sunny and people get around in tee shirts But that's what sells.
    Didn't know that as a kid Plus at the time we were several weeks behind so it was always out of sync with the real seasons, more so considering the distance. It always made a change to coming home from school in the dark.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

Aussieguy (26-02-2019), kaz21 (26-02-2019), Pantherboy (26-02-2019)

Thread Information