Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The band 'Lyrik' - Bob, Eden, Remi & Kirby

The band 'Lyrik' - Bob, Eden, Remi & Kirby

Daily Telegraph article. It is a subscriber only article, so I can't put the link here:

The new band named 'Lyrik' joining H&A

"Home And Away casting a ?bucket list? item for Summer Bay?s debutants
    Four new faces are joining the cast of one of Australian television?s most famous soaps. Meet Summer Bay?s new blood.

Four new faces are joining the cast of Home And Away.

The popular TV soap has added some fresh faces to the storyline by way of a fictional band known as Lyrik, fronted by actor Rob Mallett as Bob.

There?s also Stephanie Panozzo as Eden, Adam Rowland as Remi and Angelina Thomson as Kirby.

?Home And Away is a cornerstone of the Aussie television landscape, so it?s a bucket list show to work on,? Mallett told Confidential.

?I?ve had an absolute ball trying to win the hearts and minds of Summer Bay. Now it?s time to do the same to the rest of Australia. The whole team there are a pleasure to work with and experts at what they do. It?s no wonder the show still has as much support as it does.?

Lyrik will make their on-screen debut on Monday, several months after they shot their first scenes. It comes after the recent departures of actors including Sam Frost, Harley Bonner, Lucas Radovic and Courtney Miller.

Generally the show hires actors for contracts ranging from a few months to three years with some, like Lynne McGranger, having notched up decades on Home And Away.

?I had just started my shift at a pub and was pouring pints when my phone rang with the news,? Rowland, originally from Melbourne, said of landing the job.

?Needless to say I needed a pint or two myself after that phone call. I was excited and slightly daunted by the fact that my life was about to change. I grabbed my guitar, packed a suitcase and was calling Sydney home three days later. What a ride.?

Panozzo meanwhile auditioned over Zoom as she couldn?t travel from Melbourne as she had just tested positive to Covid.

?I thought I had lost out on the opportunity of the role because I wasn?t going to be able to be in the room. I was devastated,? she said.

?I did the recall over zoom and thought that was that. A few days later I was watching TV feeling sorry for myself, recovering from Covid, and my agents FaceTimed me, which they never do, and they said I booked the role. I was absolutely blown away and beyond excited. It was a very surreal and incredible feeling.? "

Hopefully these pictures/links work:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...600&vt=2&sim=1

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...50&vt=2&sim=11

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...450&vt=2&sim=1

EDIT:

Article with pictures:

Welcome to Summer Bay! Home and Away unveil four new faces as new band 'Lyrik' join the long-running soap

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...join-show.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 28-06-2022 at 22:05.

Nowtolove.com.au article:

The Summer Bay population is growing! Home and Away will welcome four cast members
    ''I?ve had an absolute ball trying to win the hearts and minds of Summer Bay.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...ers-band-73794

With a slew of Home and Away favourites departing Summer Bay this year, it's made way for four brand new new cast members to join the show.

The latest characters will arrive in Summer Bay as part of a fictional band called Lyrik.

Rob Mallet will star as Bob, Angelina Thomson as Kirby, Adam Rowland as Remi and Stephanie Panozzo will play Eden.

Home and Away isn't Rob's first foray into performing. He previously appeared on House Husbands, Winners and Losers and in the stage production of The Rocky Horror Show.

Rob said landing a role on Home and Away was on his bucket list.

"The whole team there are a pleasure to work with and experts at what they do. It's no wonder the show still has as much support as it does," he told The Daily Telegraph.

Adam said he was working a bar job at a local pub when he received the news he was cast on the show.

"I was pouring pints when my phone rang with the news. Needless to say I needed a pint or two myself after that phone call. I was excited and slightly daunted baby the fact that my life was about to change," he told the publication.

Rob's new co-star Stephanie is also no stranger to Aussie TV. She appeared in My Life is Murder and Hyde & Seek alongside Deborah-Lee Furness and Zoe Ventoura.

But Stephanie's Home and Away gig didn't come without its struggles. The WAAPA graduate admitted she was "devastated" that she couldn't audition in person for her role after contracting COVID.

She instead tried out over a nerve-wracking Zoom call with a panel of casting producers.

"My agents FaceTimed me, which they never do, and they said I booked the role. I was absolutely blown away and beyond excited. It was a very surreal and incredible feeling," she said.

The fictional band Lyrik will be make their Summer Bay debut on July 4. It comes after Sam Frost, Harley Bonner, Lukas Radovich and Courtney Miller exited the show earlier this year.

And:

Home and Away introducing four new characters after recent cast exits
    Meet Lyrik.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ew-characters/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 30-06-2022 at 22:03.

New 'Lyrik' promo - 'Their new arrival will rock the bay'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0pVAP0MxVM

EXCLUSIVE: Home and Away receives big shake up as Felicity's band friends visit Summer Bay
    But tensions are at an all-time high.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...new-band-73827

It's a good old-fashioned street party in Summer Bay this week when Felicity's friends drop by for an impromptu visit.

Returning from a meeting with her solicitor, Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) announces to boyfriend Tane (Ethan Browne) that she is formally the new co-owner of Salt!

The couple's celebration is cut short, however by a concert outside their door. Tane is stunned, but Felicity greets the four-piece band called Lyrik happily ? they're old friends!

Making themselves at home, Tane makes a hasty exit while Felicity catches up.

Bass player Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) and guitarist Remi (Adam Rowland) explain that the band has been on the road for more than a year, but it's been tough. Friendships are strained and everyone is burnt out.

Then, there's keyboardist and songwriter Kirby (Angelina Thomson) whose relationship with Bob (Rob Mallett), the arrogant lead singer ? is on bumpy ground.

"The band's relationship is turbulent and Kirby is caught between a rock and a hard place" Angelina tells TV WEEK.

Sensing the tension, Felicity suggests they play at Salt's re-launch party! The bandmates agree to the gig, but what will Salt co-owner Mackenzie (Emily Weir) say?

Unfortunately, Felicity's wild idea is met with backlash from Mac. They have no money to pay the band and it doesn't suit their clientele.

After some convincing, Felicity wins the argument. Mac issues a warning: if the band night fails, it's on her.

The re-launch finally party arrives and everyone is nervous. The customers roll in, but Lyrik are nowhere to be seen. Felicity is furious. Where are they?

Just as she concedes the night a failure, the lights dim and the music blares through the speakers. Lyrik jump out on stage and wow the crowd ? but one person isn't impressed: Cash.

It's clear he has a history with the band as he turns to walk away. Instead, he comes face-to-face with Eden. She smiles wide and jumps into his arms. Cash (Nicholas Cartwright), looks like he's seen a ghost.

What's going on?

Home and Away airs Monday to Thursday at 7pm on Channel Seven

How bad was that episode last night ? that street party thing was the worst acting in the history of the show! How old is Felicity supposed to be ? 19?

EXCLUSIVE: Home and Away's four newest cast members reveal how they got their start in Summer Bay
    ''It feels like a dream come true.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-members-73918

With many Home and Away favourites leaving Summer Bay this year, it's made way for four brand new new cast members to join the show.

The latest characters arrived in the Bay last week as part of a fictional band called Lyrik.

Keep reading to get to know Home and Away's newest cast members, Rob Mallet, Angelina Thomson, Adam Rowland and Stephanie Panozzo.

Stephanie Panozzo

Welcome to Summer Bay! How does it feel to be part of the show?

It feels like a dream come true. To be able to do what I love everyday feels like such a blessing - and on such an icon Australian show too! I grew up watching the show and loved it! My sister and I would watch The Simpsons at 6pm then Neighbours at 6.30pm and then Home and Away at 7pm every night.

Which Home and Away character have you loved watching through the years?

Back in the day, my favourite characters was Vinnie Patterson [Ryan Kwanten], as well as the Belle Taylor [Jessica Tovey] and Aden Jefferies [Todd Lasance] storyline.

Tell us about your character Eden?

Eden is a wild child, full of fire and fun. She is fiercely loyal, speaks her mind and her greatest loves are music and her friends and family.

What do you get up to away from the set?

I love running, yoga, making music, hanging with my mates, reading books, going for hikes, beach trips, eating food. I FaceTime with friends and family back in Melbourne, too.

Rob Mallet

Congratulations on your role as Bob. What can you tell us about him?

Bob is wants it all; fame, glory, and artistic integrity.

You've done a lot of theater. How different do you find TV, and Home and Away in particular?

The main difference I've found moving between theatre and TV is there aren't two thousand people standing and clapping for you when you finish a day's work on set. The fundamentals of storytelling stay the same, the stage craft is different because your audience is a camera lens only a few feet away.

What do you get up to in your spare time?

I'm from the county originally so away from work you'll find me trying to bust out of the city and get back to the bush. I love travelling back to my home state of Tasmania, and generally getting into nature wherever I am.

What are you watching on TV? Which actors do you look up to?

I've got an eclectic TV watching pattern. I like everything from Grand Designs to Ozark? speaking of which, Jason Bateman can do no wrong in my book.

Angelina Thomson

Welcome to the show! You have a background in music, opera and theatre. How different is this experience?

Although there are many differences, I have learnt there are also so many similarities where my theatre training has come very useful on set! I think most actors are open to go into TV. Being versatile is the best way to keep learning, creating, evolving and staying in work.

Does your musical background help to portray your character Kirby?

For sure! I grew up playing violin and saxophone, was in my school Funk Band and studied Music Theatre, which all helped big time. Also, being Polynesian, music is a massive part of my culture.

Describe Kirby?

In a sense, she is like the ocean... wild, passionate, playful, creative, effervescent and simultaneously calm and loving.

Who have you bonded with on set?

The band as a whole have grown very close as we got to enter this exciting world of Home and Away together! It feels like we were all paddling and caught a party wave with one another! I also love working with Ethan Browne (who plays Tane Parata).

Whenever we see each other at work, we greet one another in Māori or Cook Island Māori which is so very special to me!

Adam Rowland

Congratulations on the role. When did you find out that you got the job?

I had just started my shift at a pub and was pouring pints when my phone rang with the news. I was excited and slightly daunted by the fact that my life was about to change. I grabbed my guitar, packed a suitcase and was calling Sydney home three days later. What a ride.

You were once a keen footballer. What made you turn to the arts?

Whilst at Uni and still playing footy I realised I hadn't been playing music live for some time and really missed the performance element in my life. So, I decided to go and try some acting classes at my local theatre back. I was hooked by the storytelling and I wanted to pursue it seriously. So, after backpacking Europe I moved to Melbourne and swapped the Sherrin for Stanislavsky.

Describe your character Remi?

Remi Carter is the quintessential Australian larrikin. He enjoys a good time and stirring the pot but is loyal to his friends and family.

Which actors do you look up to?

As an Aussie actor I've always admired Joel Edgerton and the body of work he's created.

Nowtolove.com.au article (2nd part of the article):

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...lf-kirby-74027

A rift is caused between Lyrik

It's official! Lyrik have traded a life on the road for a life in Summer Bay. But not everyone is ready for the move, causing a huge rift in the band. Will they break up?

After a huge reopening at Salt, Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) is keen to hear more from the band. This week in Home and Away, she tempts them with a weekly gig. It's regular income and decent hours, more than they've had for some time.

Remi (Adam Rowland) and Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) are thrilled ? but lead singer Bob (Rob Mallet) rejects the idea instantly: "Lyrik don't play in hick towns" he retorts.

As tensions boil over, Kirby (Angelina Thomson) remains quiet. She wants to stay in Summer Bay but is too timid to speak against her boyfriend, Bob. With the band unable to come to an agreement, Bob storms out and Felicity in the lurch.

In a heart-to-heart with Kirby, Felicity offers to sweeten the deal to make them stay. Kirby admits she wants too ? but can she convince Bob?

Meanwhile, Theo (Matt Evans) watches the band in awe. Seeing them play at Salt reignited his passion for music. But when Chloe (Sam Barrett) remarks on how much fun he has playing guitar, he shuts her down.

His father dismissed his talent. He'll never be good enough to pursue his dream.

Back at the Parata household, Kirby tries one more time to gently woo Bob into staying. Instead, he shocks her by suggesting they ditch Eden and Remi for a new life together. They can make music anywhere, so let's go!

"Bob isn't a fan of the small town vibes like Summer Bay," Angelina tells TV WEEK. "So Kirby is stuck between a rock a hard place."

Is this the end of Lyrik?

Are the members of this band just random people they plucked out of the pokies area at Whale Beach bowlo? And the storyline written by Billy blogs the can collector?

Them rocking up to the house like that was cringeworthy , we actually changed the channel in our house... Worse storyline/actors ever

I'm enjoying the band scenes very much. Interesting characters.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

hward (28-08-2022), Pantherboy (27-08-2022)

DS article:

Home and Away's Kirby Aramoana to make a big decision over Theo Poulos romance
    Can it be salvaged?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ulos-decision/

Home and Away spoilers follow at Australian pace.

Home and Away's Kirby Aramoana looks set to make a big decision over her future with Theo Poulos, as ongoing secrecy threatens to tear them apart.

Recent episodes in Australia have seen Theo pursue a relationship with his Lyrik bandmate after splitting from Chloe Anderson, who has left the Bay for good.

Kirby and Theo felt under pressure to keep their romantic connection under wraps, as the rest of Lyrik had banned hook-ups within the group.

Unable to resist temptation, Kirby and Theo decided to keep seeing each other in secret ? but this approach has quickly caused problems.

In Tuesday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia (August 30), Kirby made a drastic attempt to keep covering their tracks.

Fearful that Lyrik's guitarist Remi Carter was growing suspicious, Kirby created a distraction by encouraging Theo to flirt with another woman at Salt.

As Theo reluctantly obliged, Kirby upped the ante by texting him and urging him to kiss his admirer for Remi's benefit.

Theo refused and was honest with the other woman, admitting that he was crazy about someone else.

Later, Theo confided in Justin Morgan about the drama and admitted that he was uncomfortable with Kirby's games earlier on.

Theo then approached Kirby himself, hinting that they were now at a crossroads.

He explained: "There's only one person who I want to kiss. I thought that we were in this together. But if we're not and this is all just a game to you, I need you to tell me right now."

Later this week at Australian pace, Kirby realises the secrecy and games can't go on, so she kisses Theo in front of Remi and their other bandmate Eden Fowler.

Will the risk pay off and save her relationship?

Home and Away fans in the UK will see these scenes on Channel 5 in October.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (30-08-2022)

Thread Information