Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kirin Kotecha

Kirin once again dangerous on the road. Wasn't expecting him to leave though although with all the evidence against him I'm not sure there was much choice. Can't say I will miss him that much. He was ok there for a brief spell but haven't really like him the majority of the time

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalesfan For This Useful Post:

fannyskater (12-02-2016)

he going to set daddy rakesh up for it

Emmerdale star Adam Fielding has quit the show after less than two years in the role of Kirin Kotecha.

Kirin has just taken centre stage in a huge storyline as he knocked over Tess Harris in a fatal hit and run - but the shocking moment marks the end for his character. And it's much sooner than you might think!

Viewers will see Kirin bow out on screen next week, when the police find his burnt-out car. He decides to do a runner rather than face the music.

Kirin's lawyer dad Rakesh (Pasha Bocarie) will be on hand to help him in his hour of need, but will father and son part on better terms after their recent animosity?

Speaking of his shock exit, Fielding revealed: "I made the decision in April last year. When I spoke to Kate [Oates, Emmerdale's former producer], I asked for two six month contracts.

"Where does a human being go when he has felt what Kirin has felt? With all of the stuff I have already done in a year, it's stressful and so Kate agreed to give me two six month contracts. It's been on the cards since then.

"Everyone's leaving - it's a job where all actors are leaving. It's important there's a character arc and a journey and Kirin's been gifted one. I think his mistakes will mean more and he will mean more as a character now."

He continued: "My exit is awesome. It was heavy and there is more to come from that. There's more to watch and more to be excited by.

"The relationship between Kirin and Rakesh comes full circle and I really enjoyed filming it. I felt like a lot of work had been put into their relationship, so hopefully it comes out well. I'm looking forward to watching what comes out of it and what comes next. There's a lot of good stuff."

Fielding also clearly relished the chance to be involved in such an action-packed sequence of events, from the crash itself to burning the car.

Praising Tess's body double, he laughed: "I wanted to marry the stunt woman. Have you ever seen anyone get run over? I did propose to her actually. She did it in one take. I wouldn't have proposed if she did it in two!

"A stunt person does the driving, but with the car burning, I wanted to do everything myself. When it came to the fire, the AD said: 'Don't try and be a hero. When the flames are getting close, just walk away'. But again, part of me wanted my eyebrows to burn off. How good would that be?

"I was messing about with the lighter in between takes and the AD was getting proper neurotic. He was like: 'Calm down!' But I enjoyed it - I'd burn another!"

Fielding joined the cast of Emmerdale in summer 2014 and the role of Kirin was his first major acting job. So what's next for him?

He said: "The life I chose as an actor. Working, auditioning and moving and learning about myself. I owe a lot to Emmerdale and learned a lot about myself. There are fantastic actors in the show who I was excited to work with and it definitely helped me."

By Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy
    http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/emme...ing-next-week/

On Twitter tonight, the performer denied reports that he was too "stressed" to continue on the soap, saying: "My reason for leaving is to pursue other opportunities and my journey does not end with Kirin."

By Shaun Kitchener, Daily Express
    http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...Fielding-QUITS

Emmerdale star Adam Fielding has clarified his reasons for leaving the show, insisting that he wasn't stressed out over his storylines.

The actor has already finished filming his role as Kirin Kotecha, who bows out on screen next week in the aftermath of his hit and run horror.

Speaking at a recent Emmerdale press conference, Fielding revealed that his exit was nearly a year in the planning, as he made the decision way back in April 2015.

"When I spoke to Kate [Oates, Emmerdale's former producer], I asked for two six month contracts," he explained. "The way the job is, is hard as an actor.

"Where does a human being go when he has felt what Kirin has felt? With all of the stuff I have already done in a year, it's stressful and so Kate agreed to give me two six month contracts. It's been on the cards since then.

"Everyone's leaving - it's a job where all actors are leaving. It's important there's a character arc and a journey and Kirin's been gifted one. I think his mistakes will mean more and he will mean more as a character now."

However, after news of his exit was announced last night, Fielding didn't seem best pleased at how his "stressful" comment looked in print and was keen to set the record straight over his reasons for going.

In a video message recorded for fans, he said: "A lot of the journalists seem to think that I 'quit' Emmerdale because I was feeling 'stressed out' - I mean, this is not the case at all guys.

"In short my reason for leaving is to pursue other opportunities. I'm an actor and my journey does not end with Kirin. And believe me there's a lot of opportunities in the pipeline. Obviously I can't say much, but watch this space."

Kirin knocked over Tess Harris in a drunken hit and run in last night's episodes. Tess was rushed to hospital following the accident, but later passed away when doctors were unable to save her.

Emmerdale continues tonight (February 12) at 7pm on ITV with the repercussions for Kirin, while his exit will air on Monday.

Digital Spy

Bye Dad

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (17-02-2016), maidmarian (16-02-2016)

Adam Fielding has left the soap. The actor, who played Kirin Kotecha, had his final day's filming in January and explains: 'I made my decision to leave in April last year. I am auditioning now.'

Inside Soap, 20-26 Feb 2016

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (17-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    Adam Fielding has left the soap. The actor, who played Kirin Kotecha, had his final day's filming in January and explains: 'I made my decision to leave in April last year. I am auditioning now.'

Inside Soap, 20-26 Feb 2016
    Even if he doesn't make another appearance ,hope to hear he gets arrested and put on trial. Very serious multi offences committed, sends out the wrong message otherwise. Why the storyline couldn't have been concluded on screen I don't understand.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

lizann (18-02-2016)

charity wants to find him so to adopt johnny

Did he not go on the run? Another storyline forgotten by scriptwriters?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Did he not go on the run? Another storyline forgotten by scriptwriters?
    yes for knocking down killing tess

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-05-2020)

Thread Information