Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aunt Babe (Annette Badland)

so this week the secret reveal

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    so this week the secret reveal
    yes -hopefully something really shocking!!

Not sure how long this story will last??

My spy on the Archers says the actress
    has just reappeared there. But they
    record a months episodes over a few days
    at one go! Then if someone of importance
    dies or a major catastrophe occurs - just
    fit a couple of lines in!

So perhaps back in EE for a while!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-09-2015)

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 01-09-2015 at 20:58.

so either illegal abortions or selling drugs she did in the past with heather's mother i think
    keep thinking one of the above

keep thinking one of the above
    Perhaps backstreet abortion and they killed someone? I don't know if the abortion thing alone would be enough for the police to still be interested all these years later (I'm sure I remember Cora threatening Babe with the police but I might be wrong).

Aunt Babe's secret was finally exposed in EastEnders tonight (Thursday, September 3) as Shirley, Mick and Tina tracked her down in Ramsgate.

Tense scenes saw Shirley finally work out what Babe has been hiding for all these years, realising that she was responsible for taking babies off their young mothers and giving them away.

It has previously been hinted that Babe and the late Heather Trott's mum Queenie had a dark past, and viewers know that Babe played a key role in the decision for Shirley not to bring Mick up as her own.

The start of the episode saw Shirley, Tina and Mick turn up at Babe's caravan in Ramsgate, determined to confront her for stealing their father Stan's ashes.

Once inside, Shirley stumbled across a photo album full of young girls, some of which she recognised from Babe's past.

When confronted by Shirley, Tina and Mick over her behaviour, Babe started to explain that Mick was meant to be adopted out to a couple that Queenie Trott knew, but she was forced to tell them that he had died when the Carters decided to raise him as their own.

However, as the conversation went on, Babe started to trip up over her lies, leaving a suspicious Shirley determined to uncover the truth.

After Shirley explained to Tina that she remembered Heather telling her Queenie used to disappear down to Ramsgate for weeks at a time, she later went back to the caravan and the jigsaw started slotting into place.

Having realised that the pictures of the girls in the photo album had their due dates on the back, a horrified Shirley confronted Babe and accused her of taking young girls' babies from them and giving them to other couples.

Whether Babe will be able to explain herself remains to be seen, but tomorrow's episode will see Shirley finally make steps towards mending her fractured relationship with Mick.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (04-09-2015), maidmarian (03-09-2015)

Aunt Babe's past has left many EastEnders fans shocked over the last few months, but Annette Badland has defended her character's dark actions.

Babe was responsible for exposing Jason's true colours in last night's episode, but her ruthless side will have come as no surprise to viewers who have previously been made aware of the extent of her twisted history.

As the Carters visited Ramsgate early last month, they learned Babe was responsible for taking babies off their young mothers and giving them away for her own financial gain.

Speaking about the storyline on ITV's Good Morning Britain today (October 7), Badland said: "It is something she finds very painful too and I think she was led into it.

"It may be revealed that she wasn't but I believe that she was and it made her able to save Mick, ultimately, because she helped Shirley with the birth."

When asked if viewers are horrified by Babe's actions, Badland said: "Yes, they are. It's fascinating being in a soap because people react to your character as though they are a real person which I have found very different."

"With things like last night and Scot Neal, they can relish in and look forward to the next episode. But something like the baby story, they do take a step back from.

"As an actor, I try and find the reasons behind it so I can hope they can understand that it wasn't entirely her bleakness and darkness but it was actually that she was lead towards that. She too has been desperate and she is always on the periphery of life.

"She is an aunt, she is always one step away from the centre and so Queenie Trott was able to guide her, as a young child herself, to do something she probably wouldn't have done otherwise."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-10-2015), maidmarian (07-10-2015)

Apparently Babe is going to threaten to spill the beans on Abi's fake pregnancy. Abi fakes losing the baby, with Babe's help, and all seems well until Babe seemingly turns around and threatens to tell the truth about everything.

I wonder what could have caused Babe to suddenly turn on Abi? I mean, I don't doubt Babe would turn any situation to her advantage, including blackmailing Abi, but why? What does Abi have that Babe could possibly want? Unless of course it isn't blackmail... Maybe Babe finds out that Lee was the guy who Abi slept with, and enraged that she would endanger her nephew's health she turns against her?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

Rear window (24-03-2016)

I've given up guessing what Babe's motives are for anything!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I've given up guessing what Babe's motives are for anything!
    ronnie and ben and bobby and gavin and claudette... all those killers on the square and not one of them has thought of getting rid of babe. PLEASE put us out of our misery and send babe to the slaughterhouse. Cant abide her.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suzewebb For This Useful Post:

inkyskin (13-08-2016), parkerman (30-03-2016), Rear window (31-03-2016)

Thread Information