Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Were you pleased that Billy was chosen for this?
    "Yeah, absolutely. I didn't see it coming at all myself. At first I thought, 'What's he done to deserve it?', but most people have pointed out to me that it's not what he's done, it's what he hasn't done! He hasn't cheated on his wife, he's not a greedy man, he's not trying to steal money from people - he's just an honest Joe who tries. That's basically what the whole Olympic ethos is - it's about trying your best."
    did people seem to forget all the stolen post and charity money Billy had hidden in his wardrobe???
    Super Mod

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (17-07-2012)

EastEnders star Perry Fenwick has revealed that his character Billy Mitchell now wants to lead a trouble-free life.

The actor explained that Billy wants to be more responsible now that he has granddaughter Lola and great granddaughter Lexi in his life, and that he no longer has to look up to his Mitchell cousins Grant and Phil.

"For years he wanted to be [like them], but he's always been the black sheep of the family, or the runt of the litter. I don't think he's as bothered about that anymore," he told PA.

"When Billy was with Honey and his kids he'd do anything for [them] and that was why she left him, because he started thieving and lying, but as a means to an end.

He continued: "That's when his back's against the wall - if anyone threatens him or his family, that's when his Mitchell instincts come out. He's just trying to toe the line all the time now but there'll always be temptation because he's always skint!"

Fenwick added that Billy is likely to clash with his fellow Mitchells during the festive period.

"I think what you will see in the coming months is there'll be a few confrontations Mitchell-wise," he said.

"There's a lot to come out with all of that and so it should be interesting around Christmas."

EastEnders star Perry Fenwick has revealed that his character Billy Mitchell now wants to lead a trouble-free life.

The actor explained that Billy wants to be more responsible now that he has granddaughter Lola and great granddaughter Lexi in his life, and that he no longer has to look up to his Mitchell cousins Grant and Phil.

"For years he wanted to be [like them], but he's always been the black sheep of the family, or the runt of the litter. I don't think he's as bothered about that anymore," he told PA.

"When Billy was with Honey and his kids he'd do anything for [them] and that was why she left him, because he started thieving and lying, but as a means to an end.

He continued: "That's when his back's against the wall - if anyone threatens him or his family, that's when his Mitchell instincts come out. He's just trying to toe the line all the time now but there'll always be temptation because he's always skint!"

Fenwick added that Billy is likely to clash with his fellow Mitchells during the festive period.

"I think what you will see in the coming months is there'll be a few confrontations Mitchell-wise," he said.

"There's a lot to come out with all of that and so it should be interesting around Christmas."

I still don't understand why they wrote out Honey, especially as they have to keep thinking of excuses to get the kids back in every now and again. I can imagine if Honey was brought back she and Lola would would be an interesting pair together!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Exclamation Billy Mitchell

EastEnders delivered another shock twist in the show's latest episode as Billy Mitchell became a new suspect in the Lucy Beale murder mystery.

Viewers learned that Billy may have something to hide as Lee Carter told his family that he saw Lucy and Billy having a huge argument on the night of her death.

Here, Perry Fenwick - who plays Billy - offers his thoughts on this unexpected new storyline for his character.

Billy has had a rough time recently, but now he's got a job at the funeral directors. Does he feel that things are finally turning round for him?
    "Yes, it's a Billy trait - every time everything goes right for him, you always know there's going to be something round the corner! Leading up to this, he's got Janet back now and he's optimistic about things with Honey because it was left open-ended and he's got the job.

"With EastEnders, there's always that thing that when a character says "it's all working out for me", it's about to go horribly wrong - and it's most appropriate for a character like Billy. Anytime you hear him utter "this is going to be the best Christmas ever" or "I think everything's going to turn out fine", you just know the rug's going to be pulled from underneath him."

Billy has also been stealing electricity, hasn't he?
    "Yes he's been stealing electricity and fish, which is a strange combination unless you consider electric eels! Apart from in the early days, Billy only ever does anything naughty when it's for his family. He tries to keep on the straight and narrow, but every now and then, he goes on the wrong side - and when he does, he does it spectacularly wrong.

"Billy does it for the best reasons in the world, but if he spoke to someone about it they would say, 'Don't be an idiot'. But he gets desperate."

Now that Lee has turned up to confront him, does Billy's world crumble?
    "Yes, it's so out of the blue. The ironic thing with the Lucy stuff from an acting point of view is that it's the first time ever in EastEnders where there's lots of stuff that's happened off screen that we haven't shot.

"When Lee turns up, the pressure's really on and I'm doing a lot of things and I don't know why. It's very odd and confusing, but good fun because normally when you get a script, if it screams out to you that's it's out of character, we all know our characters better than anyone and you will flag that up. Whereas with this stuff I just have to play it.

"It could be a red herring or it could be something significant, but who knows? There's a line in a script where it's a doof doof and it says, 'This is not the Billy we know and love', which is really dark."

Have you enjoyed playing the darker side of Billy again?
    "Yes, it's such an interesting storyline and nice to be thrown into it. The new generation will say, 'Billy would never do that', but the long-term viewers of the show will remember that when he first came into the show, he'd been in prison and done bad things. He's cleaned up his act, but what he gives me as an actor is that you can go "it's not impossible" - which is interesting to play."

How does Billy feel when Phil and Lola find out what's going on and try to help him?
    "Obviously that's the 'faaamily' thing with them. In a sense with Lola, stealing the electric and fish is for her, so he's doing that for his family. Phil and him have had their run-ins over the years, but they're cousins. There's been many a time when Billy's helped Phil out - Billy saved his life a couple of years ago in the Queen Vic fire."

Who do you think killed Lucy?
    "I don't know! It's interesting because even before she was killed, the 'powers that be' were putting in stuff that as a cast we didn't know. If you start writing it down, which is exactly what they want you to do, everyone has a reason, everyone's a suspect but obviously some people more than others.

"In that respect, it could be Billy but that's the beauty of it. When we're doing a scene in the Queen Vic and someone's got to look a bit cagey, we're taking bets on each other. It's challenging to act as you have to do everything in an ambiguous way because you can't be too hard down one side and too soft down another. It's keeping us all guessing."

Is it great to be involved in the storyline?
    "Yes, and it must be great for [executive producer] Dominic [Treadwell-Collins] because it's like a big train set or Cluedo game that he's playing with. I said to him the other day, 'It's great the viewing figures are up, but you've created a monster for us because you can't walk down the road without someone asking you who killed Lucy!'

"That's what I'm getting asked 20 times a day. I was in a shop the other day and two policemen tapped me on the shoulder and I genuinely thought they thought I might have been shoplifting and they said, 'No, we just want to know who killed Lucy!' I said, 'That's your job, isn't it?!' But now I just say it was Colonel Mustard in the library with the lead piping!"

How does Billy feel when Ian confronts him about this in The Vic next week?
    "Billy feels it's unbelievable he's being accused of this in front of everyone, including Janet. I always say with Billy he's like a cornered rat and you never know what he's going to do next - like when he kidnapped his kids, it's impulsive behaviour."

Do you think Billy is as innocent as he's protesting?
    "You can't rule him out for the murder, even if you think someone is more obvious. I'm awaiting the next scripts, we're all playing detective ourselves, especially with your own character. I don't think Billy would do that for a bit of fish and a part time job - he's not going to kill someone for that alone.

"But I'm interested to see. One minute I'm being good Billy and next minute I'm being bad Billy, so it keeps me on my toes. All I can do is what they are putting in front of me and act it the best way that I can. I don't really know if he is or not!"

How will you feel if it is Billy that killed Lucy?
    "Well I will be out of a job! He might get away with it, but I think Janine is the only one who can get away with that - she's Teflon, Janine, nothing sticks on her.

"I don't know, that's an interesting question. It depends how it all goes. I've been playing Billy for 16 years now and I personally don't think he's got it in him, but who knows? If someone cracks, if someone gets desperate enough it could happen - that's how murders happen and crimes. It's a build-up of stuff and then they lash out. He would be really, really silly Billy if he had!"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-07-2014), lizann (16-07-2014)

why has he photos of lucy

Billy Mitchell's difficult week continues on EastEnders tonight (July 17) as he faces a backlash from the Beale clan.

Viewers have already seen Billy (Perry Fenwick) become a suspect in the Lucy Beale murder case, but the soap's latest episode sees the news finally spread to her family.

Peter angrily confronts Billy
    © BBC
    Peter angrily confronts Billy

After the police inform Lucy's loved ones that Jake Stone is being released from prison due to new evidence, it's left to Mick Carter to fill in the blanks by telling Ian that Billy is now in the frame.

When Peter (Ben Hardy) hears that Billy had an argument with Lucy on the night she was murdered, he tracks down Billy and angrily throws him against a wall.

Will Billy be able to convince Peter that he had nothing to do with his Lucy's tragic death?

Can Billy convince the Beales that he is innocent?
    © BBC
    Can Billy convince the Beales that he is innocent?

EastEnders airs these scenes tonight (July 17) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (17-07-2014)

I saw a picture of him and Carol kissing, are they to become an item?

I thought Billy might be the innocent party arrested for Lucy's murder

Billy Mitchell's reunion with his former wife Honey will get off to a rocky start when she delivers him an ultimatum on EastEnders next week.

Honey's return to Walford has come amid a very complicated time for Billy, who has found himself being caught up in his family's problems once again.

Although last night's episode saw the pair get passionate, Honey has made it clear that she won't be sticking around if Billy is up to no good and she will reiterate her warning next week.

With the Mitchell family reeling following Ronnie's arrest, Billy will find himself torn as he does his best to help Phil, who has turned to drink to ease his problems.

However, Billy is soon left with a very difficult decision to make when a frustrated Honey demands that he choose between her and his family. What will Billy do?

Viewers will have to tune in to see what Billy decides but EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins has recently spoken out about his plans for the pair now Honey has returned permanently.

Speaking to The Sun's TV Soap magazine, he said: "I was working in the EastEnders story office when we did the birth of Janet with Honey and Billy [in 2006].

"I remember people saying that, in eight years' time, there will be more wonderful stories for them as a couple. ​No matter who we've put Billy with, Honey is the love of his life and viewers adore her. Emma Barton [who plays her] is a joy."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-11-2015), tammyy2j (18-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Billy Mitchell's reunion with his former wife Honey will get off to a rocky start when she delivers him an ultimatum on EastEnders next week.

Honey's return to Walford has come amid a very complicated time for Billy, who has found himself being caught up in his family's problems once again.

Although last night's episode saw the pair get passionate, Honey has made it clear that she won't be sticking around if Billy is up to no good and she will reiterate her warning next week.

With the Mitchell family reeling following Ronnie's arrest, Billy will find himself torn as he does his best to help Phil, who has turned to drink to ease his problems.

However, Billy is soon left with a very difficult decision to make when a frustrated Honey demands that he choose between her and his family. What will Billy do?

Viewers will have to tune in to see what Billy decides but EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins has recently spoken out about his plans for the pair now Honey has returned permanently.

Speaking to The Sun's TV Soap magazine, he said: "I was working in the EastEnders story office when we did the birth of Janet with Honey and Billy [in 2006].

"I remember people saying that, in eight years' time, there will be more wonderful stories for them as a couple. ​No matter who we've put Billy with, Honey is the love of his life and viewers adore her. Emma Barton [who plays her] is a joy."
    I liked Billy more with Little Mo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (18-11-2015)

Thread Information