Thread: Other forums

Other forums

Hope this thread is okay??

Ive been on forums for years, and for some reason or other i keep getting banned. I honestly dont believe ive done anything wrong to warrant getting banned, and if i have then its obviously not something i intended to do. I go on forums of things that i am a big fan off and always usually make it well known that i am a genuine fan. Some of the forums i was on id been a member for years. Surely the rules for banned members should be less strict for long term members who genuinely like posting and didnt set out to cause trouble. Even if something looked like you were causing trouble, do the admins not reason with the member to see what the problem is?

Im genuinely interested and im sorry if this thread isnt appropriate. What are the general rules for forums to warrant a bann? I assumed it was those who spammed and were obviously causing trouble constantly, not one thing that could be read as something that was just a mistake.

Its actually getting quite upsetting when its happening constantly. It also makes me loose confidence of posting on forums again as i wonder if im doing anything wrong or "will i get banned for posting this?"

Again i am worried this thread isnt OK to post. So please dont think i was out to cause trouble cos im not. This is a genuine question

I tried to find the admin to send them a pm instead but i couldnt work out who it was.

I read the DS soap forum when I'm bored, although I never post there as I think there's too many clicques and unpleasantness. I am aware that you used to post there - were you banned? I know that some of the more outspoken members often get temporary bans, and some members have disappeared altogether - probably permanently banned. I think many people there feel their bans were unwarranted, so you're definitely not the only one. I was reading on another forum a post by a former DS member who was banned and didn't understand why. He/she emailed the mods but never got a proper explanation.

If you click on "Quick Links" at the top of the page and go to "Forum Leaders" you'll find a list of moderators etc. Siobhan is the only moderator still active here and Norman Bates is the site administrator. I'm sure Siobhan won't mind clarifying anything you're worried about.

Don't be paranoid Mona, this forum needs more new blood as a lot of the older members have dropped off in the past couple of years and most people seem to gravitate to DS now. You certainly haven't posted anything here so far that I felt was out of order. If you like, I'll PM you in future if I feel that a post was inappropriate so that hopefully you can stop worrying so much.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

monalisa62003 (26-06-2014), Perdita (26-06-2014)

Thanks for the reply - its so refreshing to see a forum with genuinely nice people who just want to discuss tv. I genuinely am nice to anyone who is nice to me and read/listen to what i have to say - the problem with ds members is that they were nice - but sometimes wouldnt read/listen.

Id been on there since 2004 but only started posting in 2008. It got to the point that i was very frustrated and it wound me uo a lot. As you should probably tell by now who im a big fan off - they didnt like members who were big fans of couples and cos i was pretty much the only one - i was an easy target. I found ds were banning me for no reason other than they didnt like me, they once told me off for posting about a character who was mentioned in the current spoilers but not actually in the show at the time. They thought because he wasnt in it he wasnt allowed to be spoken about in the spoilers thread. Yet he was in that current list of spoilers. It got to the point after a few banns that i swore at them on twitter and they banned me completly. I know this maybe wasnt the right thing to do, but id tried tweeting them already quite a few times and they didnt respond. They responded once id done that though!! Some people thought they were doing it on purpose to get that reaction out of me so they had a reason to bann me for good.

When you go on the forums daily - there are hardly any mods on there. Some threads/posts are the exact same as what i was doing but of course nothing got done about the members. But they were replying to my posts sometimes straight after id replied telling me i couldnt post about certain things when i thought it was reasonable. As i said id been posting on there since 2008 and not once got banned till last year.

All ive ever wanted to do was chat with other fans of the shows i like. Id also like to find fans of the same characters/couples i like so i could chat with more detail or share things with them, i didnt want to cause any trouble but sometimes my temper gets the better of me espicially if i believe someone is genuinely out to wind me up. When i go on there now - hardly anything is being said about my favs when they arent onscreen as much but i still get the odd comment. However there isnt any comments like they used to say when i was on there. Infact some of them even have the same opinion as i do - but they wouldnt listen to my views then lol

Ill check that out and thanks - ill probably not post as much anyway but its nice to be able to post my thoughts in more detail than just 140 characters lol
    Last edited by monalisa62003; 26-06-2014 at 17:51.

No, it probably wasn't a good idea to swear at the moderators lol, but I can understand your frustration.

It's a shame no one here's as big a fan of Phil/Shirley as you are. I'm a big fan of Shirley, because I love Linda Henry, and I've always enjoyed watching Phil. They seem ideally suited on the surface but seem to bring out the worst in each other when together. They've both treated the other very badly in the past. I do think Shirley would be a fool to still pine after Phil after the way he's treated her in the last couple of episodes, but she's a glutton for punishment lol.

I hope you've cheered up a bit and don't feel so paranoid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    No, it probably wasn't a good idea to swear at the moderators lol, but I can understand your frustration.

It's a shame no one here's as big a fan of Phil/Shirley as you are. I'm a big fan of Shirley, because I love Linda Henry, and I've always enjoyed watching Phil. They seem ideally suited on the surface but seem to bring out the worst in each other when together. They've both treated the other very badly in the past. I do think Shirley would be a fool to still pine after Phil after the way he's treated her in the last couple of episodes, but she's a glutton for punishment lol.

Yeah, if they had reasoned with me reasonably then i wouldnt have sworn at them.

Ive hated this week but they have their reasons for their actions as i have stated in the thread. I believe things would be different next time round but hes got a lot of grovelling to do lol

Yeah its a little better to know people are so nice on here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa62003 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post

Yeah, if they had reasoned with me reasonably then i wouldnt have sworn at them.

Ive hated this week but they have their reasons for their actions as i have stated in the thread. I believe things would be different next time round but hes got a lot of grovelling to do lol

Yeah its a little better to know people are so nice on here

Thread Information