Thread: Smart tv adaptor

Smart tv adaptor

Hi everyone,

I made an impulse purchase yesterday of a 40inc smart tv. Now it says I need a wide adaptor to get the Internet on the tv. My router is right next to the tv. Can I just use an ethernet cable to connect? I haven't got one otherwise I'd try that. I don't want to spend money on a cable if I really do need an adaptor.

Also, what size memory stick should I go for? I'm not sure how big a one hour program will be to record from the tv.

Thanks

P. S. Apologies for any spelling mistakes. I'm using my phone as my laptop is broken.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Hi Abigail, nice to see you

I haven't got a smart TV, but I believe they connect via an ethernet cable or wi-fi. I'm guessing that if you go into the settings you'll find the wireless connection settings - if there are any. You can get ethernet cables for only a couple of pounds online.

As far as memory stick, I'd go for as big a size as you can. Video files can be quite small (only a couple of hundred MB) or several gigabytes, depending on the format used and whether they're high definition or not. You should be safe with 16 GB.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Abigail (06-07-2014)

Thanks dazzle. I figured it should connect via cable but didn't want to waste time buying a cable to find it wouldn't work. I'll be buying one tomorrow.
    Thanks CrazyLea

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-07-2014), Perdita (06-07-2014)

Thread Information