Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Faye Windass

It would be nice for once if someone had a baby in a soap that actually wanted one!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-06-2014), tammyy2j (29-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    It would be nice for once if someone had a baby in a soap that actually wanted one!
    But I hope it won't be Faye!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    But I hope it won't be Faye!

Coronation Street's Craig Tinker will be Faye Windass's first confidant when the troubled schoolgirl discovers that she is pregnant.

The ITV soap has already filmed the emotional scenes which see Faye (Ellie Leach) discover that she is expecting a baby at the age of just 12.

Faye's storyline begins on screen within the next few weeks when she faces cruel taunts at school regarding her weight.

When Faye confides in Beth's son Craig (Colson Smith) about how she feels insecure over her appearance following the bullying, he suggests that she could be pregnant.

With Faye forced to admit that it is a possibility, she takes a pregnancy test and is stunned when the result comes out positive.

Anna overhears Faye and Craig arguing
    © ITV
    Faye and Craig

Viewers will discover that Faye is already several months pregnant, but the father is not a character currently in the show. While fans weren't aware of it at the time, Faye made a terrible mistake by sleeping with a boy while out at a party with friends last year.

How long it takes before Faye confides in her family remains to be seen, but her shock news will naturally mark the beginning of a huge new storyline for the Windasses.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-01-2015), swmc66 (13-01-2015)

so craig isn't the father

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (13-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

No - thank goodness- hes a lot
    brighter than he can seem.

I suppose its nice Faye has got a friend
    tho.not keen on.actress.
    It would have limited Craigs character
    if he had been father and I think he
    should develop quite interestingly
    over next few years!

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post

No - thank goodness- hes a lot
    brighter than he can seem.

I suppose its nice Faye has got a friend
    tho.not keen on.actress.
    It would have limited Craigs character
    if he had been father and I think he
    should develop quite interestingly
    over next few years!

Anna will probably blame him as usual as she did when she was getting nasty messages from people and being bullied. I will like Graig even more after this storyline. He is a lovely character.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Cheetah (15-01-2015), Dazzle (14-01-2015)

Faye's pregnancy plot in Coronation Street will be tastefully handled, according to producer Stuart Blackburn.

Blackburn said that he worked closely with the Faye's real life parents, the police and social services to ensure the story was treated with dignity.

Anna is concerned as she watches the exchange
    © ITV

In an interview with The Sun Magazine, he said: "If Ellie's parents thought they didn't want her to do this, we wouldn't have done it.

"But they knew we'd treat it with taste and dignity, and we won't show anything indecent. We've been working with the police and social services.

"Ellie knows how big a story this is and she's grateful and excited. We're careful with the hours we use her and there's a tutor and chaperone with her at all times."

The soap has tackled underage pregnancy before, when Sarah-Louise Platt gave birth to daughter Bethany in 2000.

Faye snaps at Craig
    © ITV

"What's different this time is that with Sarah Lou, after the initial shock, in some respects life went back to normal for her," says Stuart.

"With Faye, I think that won't happen. Young girls can come through it and become good parents, but it's devastating.

"There's the effect on the rest of your family, and at school, kids can be incredibly cruel."

Blackburn revealed that the schoolgirl's dad will fall in love with the baby and will be more involved in the child's life than he was with Faye.

He also said that the story wouldn't be rushed: "But we've put them all through the mill, so when I look ahead to perhaps a year from now, I'd like to be thinking that the bulk of that family has got a bit of hope and optimism."

Glad Tim plays a main role in supporting the new baby

15. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-02-2015)

Thread Information