Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker)

Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker)

Rudolph Walker awarded OBE

Long standing star of the stage and screen, Rudolph Walker (Patrick Trueman) has been named in the Queen's birthday honours list for services to drama. Rudolph's career spans over 40 years, and he's won many accolades.

Rudolph said: "It's exciting, but it hasn't sunk in yet. I think I'm the first Trinidadian actor to get an OBE. I just tend to take things in my stride, get on with life and enjoy it."

Like his character, he's raising the flag for Trinidad and Tobago during the World Cup. Rudolph had a fantastic time at the England v Trinidad and Tobago match last week, but the excitement of his OBE means that he won't make it back for to see them play Paraguay.

Rudolph's starred in EastEnders since 2001. He was the first black actor to have a major role in a British sitcom, ITV's Love Thy Neighbour. He's since featured in television comedies The Crouches, The Thin Blue Line and Mr Bean. He's also appeared in many stage and film productions.

Among the gongs that Rudolph's amassed are: Black Entertainment Comedy Award (BECA) for lifetime achievement in 1999, Ethnic Multicultural Media Award (EMMA) for best actor in 2002, and Screen Nation Film and TV Awards Trailblazer award for longstanding screen presence.

I am pleased for him,he is a very good actor. He was very good all them years ago in love thy neighbour, but the series has never been reshown as it not classic as politically correct these days, for those to young to have seen it, it was a comedy about a black man and his wife, that were friends with the next door neighbours wife, but her hubby was racist, sounds bad but it was a very funny series.

Where is Patrick???

Why have we not seen Patrick on screen for the last few weeks is the actor ill???

im glad you asked that, i was wandering the same thing.

Hmm good point, he might be, just nothing too serious and theyve just not included him for a bit

I think the last time we saw him was on the day of Kevin's funeral. I can't imagine there's too much wrong with him though as Dot got him to do a recording tonight and he sounded ok on it. Unless he's a bit afraid of going out after being told what happened to Jay or something.

Patrick Trueman

EastEnders' Patrick Trueman will face the biggest challenge of his life when he has a major stroke in an upcoming storyline.

The story will follow Patrick's journey from the initial signs that something is wrong to the actual stroke itself and its severe consequences afterwards.

Rudolph Walker as Patrick Trueman in EastEnders
    © BBC
    Rudolph Walker

The aftermath of the stroke will have a huge impact on Patrick and those closest to him and will be explored throughout the rest of the year.

Rudolph Walker, who plays Patrick, said in a statement: "This is a truly important storyline as strokes affect so many different people in so many different ways.

"We are all working very hard on this and I really hope Patrick's story can help raise awareness."

EastEnders Executive Producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins, who previously teased a big story for Patrick over the summer, added. "This is an important storyline in so many ways.

"Not only does it give the wonderful Rudolph Walker the chance to shine, but we also hope it will raise awareness of the warning signs that come before a stroke and the difficulties of caring for the elderly in 21st century Britain."

Patrick considers the future of the B&B
    © BBC
    Patrick's stroke will have severe consequences.

The EastEnders team have worked closely with leading stroke experts, charities including The Stroke Association, and stroke survivors while researching the storyline to accurately depict the sensitive subject.

Director of External Affairs at the Stroke Association Joe Korne said: "Many people will be able to identify with this storyline, including the 1.2 million stroke survivors in the UK. A stroke can leave people facing the rest of their lives with a disability, and the emotional strain caused by the condition can be devastating.

"We hope that Patrick's experiences will raise awareness amongst viewers particularly of the symptoms of a mini-stroke, which include facial weakness, arm weakness and speech problems, and last for a short period of time. It's a warning sign that a stroke could be on the way, yet thousands of people dismiss a mini-stroke as 'just a funny turn'.

"It's a medical emergency and anyone with those symptoms should call 999 immediately. Anyone who'd like to find out more about stroke can visit www.stroke.org.uk."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-06-2014), tammyy2j (18-06-2014)

it might bring back kim and anthony

Patrick Trueman is left with a difficult decision to make as he discovers Ian Beale's secret on EastEnders next week.

Trouble brews as ruthless Rainie Cross (Tanya Franks) continues to put pressure on Ian, wanting more money in exchange for her silence over his whereabouts on Good Friday.

When Ian (Adam Woodyatt) ignores Rainie's latest phone calls, she heads back to Walford and orders him to pay up or else.

Later, Ian hopes that he has managed to get rid of Rainie once and for all. However, when she bumps into Patrick, she happily reveals that Ian paid her for sex on the night that his daughter Lucy was murdered.

Patrick (Rudolph Walker) is disgusted when he hears what Ian has done and doesn't waste much time before confronting him, but will he reveal the truth to the businessman's fiancée Denise Fox?
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 08-07-2014 at 00:16.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (08-07-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 08-07-2014 at 00:15.

Thread Information