Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dakota Davies (Sheree Murphy)

Yes, Alan Turner was her granddad and I look forward to seeing her on tv again

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Think she is long term rather than a guest role
    Sheree Murphy has a 6 week guest role on Neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by lellygurl View Post
    I wonder whose ex she could be.....?
    Dakota is Paul's ex. Paul met Dakota before he returned to Ramsay Street in 2004.

Stefan Dennis has revealed Sheree Murphy's guest stint on Neighbours went so well soap bosses want to get her back again.

The ex-Emmerdale and Hollyoaks actress will appear for six weeks as Dakota Davies, a British businesswoman and old flame of one of Ramsey Street's male residents.

Her scenes aren't due to air in the UK until October, but Stefan, who plays entrepreneur Paul Robinson, teased: "We have dealings. The story is very much about Paul and Dakota, but I'm not allowed to give away too much..."

He added: "She's been great, she's been brilliant, so much so that the producers would really like her to come back - whether that will happen I don't know.

"She loved her time on Neighbours and she was an absolute treat to work with. She was a little bit apprehensive for the first week or so, but that's only natural.

"She told me, 'I'm a bit nervous because I haven't done any acting for a while,' but I said, 'You'll be fine,' and she settled in by week number three she was just one of the gang - it was great."

Sheree has said she would consider becoming a regular on the soap.

The actress told the Australian Associated Press she is open to a longer stint because she is thinking of moving Down Under permanently with footballer husband Harry Kewell and their four children. The couple previously lived in Melbourne between 2011 to 2013 when Harry played for Melbourne Heart.

Source: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dennis-she...114304052.html
    Last edited by gillyH1981; 15-09-2014 at 21:17.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gillyH1981 For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (17-09-2014)

Photos from Sheree's first episode.

Neighbours introduces a newcomer who's bound to stir up trouble on UK screens next week in the form of Dakota Davies.

Although Dakota is an old flame of Paul Robinson, she soon sets her sights on another Ramsay Street resident and embarks on a fling.

Actress Sheree Murphy in no stranger to soaps and fans might remember her as Tricia Dingle in Emmerdale or Eva Strong in Hollyoaks.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Sheree, who will plays Dakota, to hear all the gossip on her stint Neighbours.

How was your time filming on Neighbours?
    "It was amazing - really good. I was living at Melbourne when I got the role but we came back to England so I went back out there to film on my own. It was good and really fun."

Were you a fan of the show previously?
    "I watched it growing up and I have always dipped in and out of it, like you do with soaps. I have always had it on in the background or whatever, but more so when I was growing up, when I watched it religiously."

What drew you to this particular role?
    "When I was living in Melbourne, my management and the producers of Neighbours had been speaking, so I went in to meet the producer and they didn't have a role as such, but they kind of made her up, which was really flattering. So, I just went in for a meeting and then a few weeks later they came up with this role for me, which was really exciting. It moved really quickly from there and all of I sudden I was like 'I'm going to be on Neighbours'. It was really good. Dakota is quite a character so it is nice to go into a soap and make an impact, even if it is for a short amount of time."

Dakota arrives in town.
    © Freemantle Media
    Dakota arrives in town

Obviously you have previous experience on soaps, so how did Neighbours compare to what you expected?
    "I have done Emmerdale and Hollyoaks and the way they are run in Australia is pretty similar. Before I joined Neighbours, I'd hoped it was the same sort of set up and it is - it's exactly the same. It is probably more like Emmerdale because it's very organised and the scheduling is the same as what it was there. Once you get your head around all the scheduling and the scripts, it is pretty much exactly the same. Once I got into it, it was just like being back on Emmerdale but in Australia and everyone has got Aussie accents. It really was so similar. Also, the producers were keen to find out my feedback because obviously I have done soaps in England and they wanted to know how it compared. When I said it was exactly the same, they seemed pleased. "

How would you describe Dakota?
    "She has got a past and she is involved with somebody in the cast because they were old friends. She has probably changed a lot since she was with this old friend. She is very worldly and she is a bit of a minx. She is one of these characters where if she sees something she likes, she will just go for it - she doesn't care. She is quite a strong-willed woman which was good to play because I wouldn't say I am like that at all. It was nice to play someone so different to myself. She certainly makes her mark and makes herself known, put it that way!"

What is Dakota's history with Paul Robinson?
    "She knows Paul already and she also has another fling with somebody else on the show as well."

Dakota kisses Paul
    © Freemantle Media
    Dakota kisses Paul

How does her story with Paul develop?
    "They knew each other a long time ago. In my first scene, Dakota finds him and she slaps him in the face, so obviously something has happened there in the past. It's good."

Is she angry with Paul?
    "Yes, she is very angry with him! Paul is such a bad boy so goodness knows what he has done over the years. He has done so many things and I don't think Stefan [Dennis], who plays him, is ever surprised at the stuff they throw at him because there would be no surprise due to the way his character is. Him and Dakota definitely have history. "

What was Stefan Dennis like to work with?
    "He was so lovely. He has been on the show for a long time. I know he had a massive break where he came over to England, but for someone who has been on the show for so long and works with a lot of guest artists that have come in for small stints like I did, he was extremely patient and very helpful. At the end of the day, he didn't have to be nice as he does this everyday and he has done it for years, but he was amazing to work with, so professional and just one of the sweetest guys I have met.

"I was a little bit in awe of meeting him as well because obviously I have grown up watching Neighbours and to be working alongside him was one of those moments where you just think 'Oh my god, I am on Neighbours and I am standing next to Paul Robinson'. It was bizarre! He is one of the nicest guys I have worked with and he is still really passionate about the job which is great. When you are in a soap for so long you could just become a little bit jaded, but he is not. He's great and so lovely."

Does this stint leave the door open for a possible return?
    "Possibly! I don't get killed off or anything like that. Obviously at the moment I am back in the UK but my husband is Australian and he has recently retired so his new job is teaching children to play football and the majority of his work will be out in Australia. If we do relocate then I would love to work, and I would love to work back on Neighbours because everyone was so lovely. You never know - I suppose I am keeping my options open. If I was living in Melbourne then I would definitely love to go back there."

Would you be interested in a permanent role?
    "Oh yes, why not? The kids are all of that age now - my youngest is 2 and a half and my oldest is 13. I have been home for so long looking after them so it would be nice to have my own little independence again and I love working anyway. Also, the joy of being in a soap is that sometimes you are full on and really busy and then other times you might not be working for a few weeks. So if I was living out there I would love it. Definitely!"

Dakota is angry with Paul.
    © Freemantle Media
    Dakota is angry with Paul.

Do you ever wish your time on Hollyoaks had been longer?
    "In some ways but it was my decision to leave. I had done it for nearly a year and again, sometimes you were working full on for about three weeks and then you wouldn't be in again for about four weeks, which was quite nice because it suited my family life. But I always knew I wanted another baby and when I was on Hollyoaks, my husband was living in Turkey playing for a Turkish team, so I found it quite stressful because I couldn't see him and I had the kids at home - it was hard to juggle. But I did really enjoy my time on there and I am still in touch with some of the girls. I am friends with Gemma Merna, who plays Carmel, and we message each other every other week to see how things are going. I made some nice friends on there and it was in a perfect location because it was right where I live, but at the time for me I felt it was right to move on."

Are you in touch with any of the cast from Emmerdale?
    "Yes, all the time. I just got a message from Charley Webb who plays Debbie Dingle. I am very good friends with her. I still keep in touch with Mark Charnock, who plays Marlon, and Samantha Giles, who plays Bernice. I worked on the show for six years and some of the people who I became friends with are friends for life."

Emmerdale has had some dramatic storylines over the last couple of years. Do you still follow it?
    "Yes, there have been some great stories. I always hear about stuff from them, and I know when Charley is really busy, especially over the last couple of years because she has been involved in some massive storylines with her daughter and then the siege. So I do hear about the stuff that is going on, and Charley will tell me if I need to watch a certain episode, and it might not necessarily be involving her. Emmerdale just seems to be getting stronger and stronger, which is great as obviously I am a big fan and a big fan of everyone who works on it as well. It is nice to see that they are getting the recognition that they should because they have got some brilliant actors on there and some great storylines as well. I know they changed the producer and sometimes that does just breathe new life into the show. It's been brilliant and I am very proud of them."

You are friends with Emily Symons, who plays Marilyn in Home and Away, so was she disappointed that you chose to do Neighbours and not Home and Away?
    "Well, there was a point actually when she first went back and Marilyn has been in England and they were looking to cast her best friend because she was always on the phone to her in England. Emily really wanted me to do it but the timing just wasn't right. She was saying that she could get me to come in and meet the producer, and I just couldn't make it work, but that would have been hilarious. We were both in Emmerdale and because we were both in The Woolpack together, it would have been quite surreal to be in Home and Away. It didn't work out but then I suppose Neighbours wouldn't have happened. It would have been very weird!"

It's confirmed in Soap World magazine that Dakota has a fling with Mark.

Devil in disguise
    A mysterious female from Paul's past lures him and Daniel into dangerous territory.

Finally back in full tride after wrenching himself from the unrelenting jaws of depression, Paul is ready to reclaim his power base in Erinsborough now he's re-assumed the role of mayor but that all changes when he's suddenly snatched into the clutches of a mysterious beauty who plants a passionate kiss upon his lips before slapping his face. Unwilling to allow the unprovoked attack to go unpunished, Paul (Stefan Dennis) chases down his assailiant and comes face-to-face with Dakota Davies (Sheree Murphy) who explains that they met while Paul was a fugitive from justice in Brazil. Sincerely believing that his memories of those years are a blur due to his subsequent brain tumour surgery, Dakota throws out hints to jog Paul's memory, leaving him rattled when he remembers that he treated her badly.

Clearly enamoured and intrigued by her unforseen return, Paul houses Dakota at the hotel free of charge, unaware of he's leaving himself open to. It's soon apparent that Dakota has more than a passionate interlude on her mind when she manipulates Paul into financing her plan to open a bar in town. As he eagerly agrees, Dakota keeps pulling his strings while secretly reporting her successful actions to a mysterious and unseen master. Further pleased by Paul's plan to house the bar in the old radio station building, Dakota lures him into a thank you breakfast, making sure to ingratiate herself with an impressionable Daniel (Tim Phillipps). Seizing upon Paul's open affection for his idealistic and naive newphew, Dakota offers Daniel a job at the bar and pumped by Paul's effusive persuassion, he accepts the position, unaware that he's walking straight into Ms Davies' well-sprung trap, unaware that she's told her boss that Daniel is the perfect front-man for their plans.

However, Dakota has another Ramsay Street man in her sights as she collides with the sexy Brennan (Scott McGregor) and throws herself at his feet. Entertaining her flirtations, Brennan is intrigued to learn of Dakota's past employment with SIPAC Bank, an institution which he soon deduces was involved in nefarious activities. Encouraged to involve the Federal Police, Brennan uses his witness protection contacts to dig for more information but when the AFP can't find enough evidence to move in on Dakota, Brennan is convinced to go undercover to flush out her plans. Although he's aware that he's putting his budding relationship with Paige (Olympia Valance) on the line, Brennan ramps up his "attraction" to Dakota and after successfully inflaming Paul's jealousies, he begins his stakeout.

Soon after, Daniel unwittingly stumbles onto crucial new information while accepting a huge supply of coffee beans in his role as bar manager. Behind Daniel's back, Dakota checks the contents of the boxes, clearly unhappy to see what's inside. Later though, Brennan gets more insight when Dakota hints at a new meeting with some suppliers, forcing Brennan to consider the impact on his life when Paige spies Dakota passionately kissing Brennan and reacts by lashing out at Dakota and destroying information that's vital to Brennan's investigation. Although Brennan refocuses his thoughts in time to romantically trick more information out of Dakota, he's petrified to learn that she's set up Daniel to do her illegal bidding. Discovering that he can't stop the police from carrying out a planned raid on the bar, Brennan frets that an innocent Daniel and Paul are about to be dragged into Dakota's unsavoury activities.

Source: Soap World October 2014

Neighbours star Sheree Murphy has insisted that her scheming character Dakota Davies isn't all bad.

Dakota arrived on UK screens at the end of last week and has since been manipulating her old acquaintance Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis), convincing him to help her open up a bar in the area.

However, with Dakota receiving secret instructions by phone, it's clear that she has an ulterior motive which may not bode well for Paul.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Murphy explained: "I wouldn't say Dakota has come back for revenge as such, but she has got a very devious plan for why she's in Erinsborough. There's a reason for why she's there. In the meantime while she's there, she has a bit of fun as well. She is a bit devious and flirty, so it's good fun to play.

"When I first read the scripts I thought, 'She is such a cow!' But the producers were very keen to say that there is a backstory to Dakota and she is very vulnerable. She's being manipulative, but she is also being manipulated by somebody else.

"They didn't want her to be all bad, but Paul Robinson really falls for her charms. Normally nobody gets the better of Paul Robinson, but she does!"

The former Emmerdale and Hollyoaks actress will be on screen as Dakota for a short guest stint, but is still open to the idea of returning on a more permanent basis in the future.

She confirmed: "They've left it open which is great. I suppose it depends whether I go back to live in Australia. If I do go back to Australia, I would love to work at Neighbours permanently because it's so good. If I live here in the UK, then I'd love to work here too."

Asked whether any other soaps would catch her eye, she replied: "I'm a massive fan of EastEnders. I always have been and I've watched it from the start. It's always on in my house!"

Neighbours airs Sheree Murphy's return appearance next week as she reprises her role as Dakota Davies.

The former Emmerdale and Hollyoaks star will feature in some special scenes that were filmed on location in London late last year.

Dakota's return ties in with the ongoing mystery surrounding British tourist Rafael Humphreys and the death of his mum in a factory fire years ago.

Once Paul Robinson finds out that Rafael suspects him of causing the blaze, he sends his son Leo Tanaka (Tim Kano) to seek out Dakota for answers on the other side of the world.

Paul can't remember anything about being responsible for the blaze, but since he was suffering from a brain tumour at the time, he can't guarantee that there isn't a gap in his memory.

Desperate to get some answers and hopefully clear his name, Paul tells his family that his old flame and business associate Dakota is the only person who can help.

Paul's loved ones all agree that Dakota may not be entirely honest if she has something to hide, so Leo is sent to London to trick her into revealing the truth.

When Leo comes face-to-face with Dakota, he's feeling pretty confident as Paul has armed him with a USB of evidence linking her to a smuggling racket, which can be used against her if she sees through his act.

Dakota Davies and Leo Tanaka meet up in London in Neighbours
    © ISO IMAGES

Things start off well for Leo as he manages to turn on the charm with Dakota, but it all starts to go wrong when his phone rings and she spots Lassiters on the caller ID.

Believing Leo may be connected to Paul, savvy Dakota demands answers from him and isn't too impressed when he presents her with the USB ultimatum.

As Dakota does a runner with the evidence, has she managed to outsmart Leo for good, or can he regain the upper hand here?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, March 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

Thread Information