Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Emma Barton (James wife)

She is very much alive!!!

Emmerdale bosses are planning to introduce another new Barton to the show.

Emma Barton - the mother of Pete, Ross and Finn - will arrive on screen in a future storyline, providing viewers with a new insight into the family's history.

Show chiefs are still searching for the right actress to take on the part, meaning that fans have a while to wait before she makes her debut.

Speaking at an Emmerdale press event today (August 11), series producer Kate Oates commented: "Emma's had a bit of a build-up, hasn't she? She's the woman we haven't seen and she's a bit of a mystery at the moment.

"I think it's safe to say that she is going to show up, possibly in the not-too-distant future. She may cause chaos!"

Speaking to Digital Spy, Oates also confirmed: "We're still looking for the perfect Emma. A part like that we need to get right, so we'll take our time with it."

Emma has often been mentioned by the other Barton family members and her youngest son Finn has recently started searching for her.

The mysterious character hasn't seen her family for years, but fans know that her relationship with James Barton (Bill Ward) ended badly following his one-night stand with Moira.

Joe Gill, who plays Finn, said last month: "Finn was very, very young when she left. He was so young that he actually doesn't remember her at all.

"His older brothers remember vague arguments and disruptions in the family, but Finn was so young that he doesn't remember what she sounds like, what she looks like or what type of person she is, and I think that is why he is so intrigued about her, really more so than the others."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

sarah c (11-08-2014), tammyy2j (12-08-2014)

how about Suranne Jones?

She is too busy with other things otherwise she would have been back in Corrie before now, I am sure .... she would wipe the floor with Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She is too busy with other things otherwise she would have been back in Corrie before now, I am sure .... she would wipe the floor with Michelle
    yes but in the ideal world...what a coup for the emmerdale writers - and she'd take James' balls, Chas in a scrap and leave Moira quaking?

For me, she will always be Karen McDonald .. think it would take me a while to see her as Emma Barton .....

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-08-2014), sarah c (12-08-2014), tammyy2j (12-08-2014)

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    how about Suranne Jones?
    is she too young, pete and ross look her age abouts

how about rosie rowell from soldier soldier and family affairs

Is it possible that Emma has been in jail all these years over something she may or may not have done (she could of been set up for murder by James) and maybe never wanted the kids to see her in jail as she felt ashamed so told James not to bring them to see her or he refused to let her see them after what she did, and now she is going to be released and now wants to see her boys. I reckon Pete and Ross, or at least Pete, know a lot more about what happened than their letting on. Just my theory, maybe..

Rosie Rowell would fit very nicely into the Barton family, me thinks

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-08-2014), sarah c (12-08-2014), TaintedLove (01-11-2014), tammyy2j (19-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Rosie Rowell would fit very nicely into the Barton family, me thinks

yes she could be them boys mam

Thread Information