Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Emma Barton (James wife)

Emmerdale has just launched an explosive new whodunit storyline by revealing that Emma Barton was murdered.

Emma appeared to take her own life last week when she fell from a viaduct, but the police have now discovered that the true explanation is much more sinister.

In tense scenes just broadcast in the first of Thursday's episodes, police disrupted Finn Barton's funeral day by breaking the bad news to Pete and Ross.

Apologising for the bad timing, a police detective told the Barton brothers: "There's been a few changes since the post-mortem. We no longer think she was on the viaduct alone. So I'm sure you both know what that means. We're now launching a murder investigation."

Digital Spy can now confirm that this marks the beginning of a major new Emmerdale storyline set to run over the next few weeks, inviting viewers to speculate over "Who Killed Emma?"

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media at a recent Emmerdale press event, show producer Iain MacLeod explained: "Now we've revealed Emma's death as a 'whodunit', there's lots of characters to point the finger at.

"Emma's trodden on so many people's toes in the village, that there's no shortage of potential suspects."

We already know that Ross Barton is hiding something about Emma's death, as he was near the viaduct at the time of the grisly incident and hasn't told an
    Others – such as Pete Barton, Cain Dingle, Adam Barton, Moira Dingle, Gabby Thomas and Faith Dingle – all have their own possible motives for wanting to get rid of Emma. Many of them have already been behaving suspiciously in recent episodes.

We also can't forget the mystery of Emma's missing suicide note – could one of the suspects have it? Could it have caused the killer to seek her out and get revenge?

Digital Spy

I just hope they don`t drag this out for a year or more .. please

I’m still not convinced she was pushed to be honest. And I feel like the only way she was is if she didnt have the bottle to do it herself and she asked Ross to do it when he found her.

I’m still wondering if Gabby has the letter....
    Last edited by Debzyg; 12-10-2017 at 21:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Emmerdale has just launched an explosive new whodunit storyline by revealing that Emma Barton was murdered.

I just hope they don`t drag this out for a year or more .. please
    Iain MacLeod "major new Emmerdale storyline set to run over the next few weeks" yeah right so it may not be a year, but would probably run into the next few months. And Harriet's name was missing from the "whodunit" list, after all she was the one that found the baby first. So how do we know if she didn't hide the suicide note?

What's the betting Laurel ends up getting accused when she returns? It would be a good way to try and stay under the radar, being away beforehand, coming back to do the deed and then disappearing for a bit longer.

Since they've called it a whodunnit, I hope Ross isn't the guilty party as it would be so predictable, both because he seemed the most obvious from the outset (and still now) and because of that period where he was responsible for everything.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (13-10-2017)

ross too obvious think it pete

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    ross too obvious think it pete
    I did originally think that but then I was thinking, does it tie in with how he was when he thought he'd killed Ross? I can't really remember it now but wasn't he cracking up moreso than now? Unless that's another element of his personality transplant...

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    What's the betting Laurel ends up getting accused when she returns? It would be a good way to try and stay under the radar, being away beforehand, coming back to do the deed and then disappearing for a bit longer.

Since they've called it a whodunnit, I hope Ross isn't the guilty party as it would be so predictable, both because he seemed the most obvious from the outset (and still now) and because of that period where he was responsible for everything.
    No that idiot I.M took both her and Chas out of the equation, so I cant see anyone accuse Laurel or Chas for the murder. Might be Moira yet!!!

faith a suspect, why, she was at the hospital with victoria

If Ross saw her there then surely he would’ve seen someone else there. So either he did actually see her jump or he saw who pushed her and is covering as he thought she deserved it - thats if they aren’t being predictable in making it him.

But when she fell it didn’t look like she’d been pushed. It looked more like she’d just let herself fall. There was no panic in her face like there would be if someone pushed you. So I’m still thinking she did just top herself and they’re making a whole thing out of someone pushing her. The letter will probably turn up to show she was about to commit suicide so the police may change their theory and we’ll find out that the marks on her arms were from someone (Ross?) actually trying to stop her jumping not from shoving her over the edge. That’s my theory at the moment - it’s subject to change

Also the scratches they found on her from a few days before could’ve possibly been from her scuffle with Gabby maybe?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Debzyg For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-10-2017), Perdita (14-10-2017), tammyy2j (18-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Debzyg View Post
    If Ross saw her there then surely he would’ve seen someone else there. So either he did actually see her jump or he saw who pushed her and is covering as he thought she deserved it - thats if they aren’t being predictable in making it him.

But when she fell it didn’t look like she’d been pushed. It looked more like she’d just let herself fall. There was no panic in her face like there would be if someone pushed you. So I’m still thinking she did just top herself and they’re making a whole thing out of someone pushing her. The letter will probably turn up to show she was about to commit suicide so the police may change their theory and we’ll find out that the marks on her arms were from someone (Ross?) actually trying to stop her jumping not from shoving her over the edge. That’s my theory at the moment - it’s subject to change

Also the scratches they found on her from a few days before could’ve possibly been from her scuffle with Gabby maybe?
    IMO: Its a stupid angle I.M wanted to turn into a "whodunit" BS. Dragging this story out. He should have left this story as a suicide, as it was a fitting death for Emma to die alone with the ghosts of Finn & James. The whole murder story line needs to end asap, its becoming tedious.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwigirl For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-10-2017), Perdita (14-10-2017)

Thread Information