Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracy Shankley (Amy Walsh)

Hope somebody (Cain/Charity) makes her pay for what she did to Sam

she could be sticking around longer as she has signed a 6 month contract

Emmerdale's Sam Dingle will rekindle his romance with Tracy Shankley next week following her recent return to the village.

Scheming Tracy, played by Amy Walsh, previously left Sam devastated when he discovered that she was using him for all she could get.

Sam and Tracy prepare a birthday party for Samson
    © ITV

However, it seems Tracy may have turned over a new leaf as she impresses Val next week by dealing with a difficult customer, securing herself a potential new job.

Later, when Tracy arrives with the money she owes the Dingles, Sam is left further torn and confused, as Kerry insists he steer clear of Tracy.

However, when Tracy makes a show of leaving the village in front of Sam, it is clear he is having doubts about her leaving.

Sam and Tracy grow even closer as they prepare a birthday party for his son Samson, leaving Zak unimpressed about their growing friendship.

As Tracy apologises to Sam for the way she treated him before she left last time, they start to kiss until they are interrupted. Could Sam be heading for happier times?

Emmerdale airs these scenes next week on ITV.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-01-2015)

Cannot stand this woman, who on earth thought it would be a good idea to bring her back after her previous appearances. Dreadful actor & character.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreweh For This Useful Post:

Perdita (20-01-2015)

Emmerdale's Tracy Shankley continues to push her luck next week as she jokingly suggests marriage to Sam Dingle.

While Tracy's idea isn't entirely serious, it's clear that she is testing Sam's reaction to see how much she means to him - especially with his other love interest Rachel Breckle now back on the scene.

Here, Amy Walsh - who plays Tracy - offers her thoughts on her character's antics and whether she really has changed her ways.

Sam offers Tracy a place to stay
    © ITV
    Emmerdale's Sam and Tracy

How does it feel to be back on Emmerdale?
    "I was really pleased to come back into the show. I absolutely loved it the first time round and I was really sad when I left, because it felt like I was just getting my teeth into the character. When they asked me back I was thrilled. I'm from Bradford, so it's nice to be back up north and see my friends and family."

Was Sam the main reason that Tracy came back to the village?
    "Tracy feels that she found something in Sam that she's not had before in any other relationship - even with her parents or the rest of her family. Sam was kind to her when she was in the village last time, and she hasn't had much kindness before that.

"After being kicked out by her boyfriend who hasn't been very nice to her, Tracy knows she can play on Sam's soft side."

Does Tracy genuinely like Sam, or is she using him?
    "I think Tracy genuinely likes having someone in her life who is kind and who she can rely on. She is a manipulative person, but she's not malicious and she doesn't set out to plot horrible things for Sam - she just takes advantage of his better nature.

"Tracy likes to be with someone who she can pull the strings with, rather than the situation she had with her ex, who always called the shots and wasn't very nice. I don't know how true her attraction to Sam is, but she likes his company and the safety net he gives her."

Sam isn't sure what to do when Tracy begins crying but fumes to learn that she is behind the recent thefts. .
    © ITV
    Tracy returned to the village earlier this month

Does Tracy feel bad for taking so much money from Sam the first time round?
    "I don't think Tracy ever intended to get Sam into trouble. She thought they were both having fun together and he was enjoying it just as much as she was. She's now very apologetic for it, but she's always playing the game. Tracy knows that if she looks like she feels bad, she might get more trust and kindness from the Dingles in the future. She's an opportunist and she still loves a freebie!"

Could Tracy and Sam make a nice couple?
    "I think they've got a nice friendship and it could actually work if Tracy turned nice - but I think that would be too boring for everyone to watch!"

Tracy jokingly suggests marriage to Sam next week! How does he react?
    "Sam is very perturbed by that. Tracy is obviously joking, but she is testing the water and seeing how far she has got her feet under the table. She is constantly checking and testing to see if she's got the upper hand. Sam brushes it off and Tracy doesn't really appreciate that very much!"

© ITV
    Tracy has been trying to flatter Sam

Would Tracy marry Sam for money?
    "I wouldn't put it past her, but Tracy has come back to the village and hasn't moved on to someone else who has more money than Sam, so that's why I believe there must be some love and care there for him.

"I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't think Tracy genuinely means they should get married there and then!"

Does Tracy want to lay down roots in the village?
    "Definitely - I think she wants to belong. She likes walking into the pub and having people know her. Tracy also knows how powerful the Dingle family are in the village and maybe if they take her in, they'll keep her."

Should Sam trust Tracy?
    "Not really. She's not going to screw him over like she did before, but I don't think he should trust any word she says because she's very manipulative!"

Are some people in the village warming to Tracy now?
    "Some certainly are - particularly Val. Val knows what Tracy's faults are, so Tracy doesn't have to pull the wool over her eyes. Val is not stupid, but she also sees Tracy's vulnerabilities.

"There are also a couple of people in the pub who'll have a drink with Tracy, but Zak and Lisa are still very wary and I don't think they can believe that she is back. All of the Dingles have a few digs here and there, so Tracy has got a lot of winning over to do!"

What's in store next for her?
    "It's not going to be plain sailing with Sam. There are complications and Sam does start seeing through Tracy's lies and sneakiness. Hopefully she'll stick around in the village, though. She's working in the B&B at the moment, but she always seems to muck it up somehow so that probably won't last for very long!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (27-01-2015)

why is Tracy not a tad upset that Robbie is dead - after that house-shared together last time she was in the village?

or has everyone forgotten to tell her?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (30-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    why is Tracy not a tad upset that Robbie is dead - after that house-shared together last time she was in the village?

no one not even megan misses or remembers him

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (30-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post

no one not even megan misses or remembers him

I don't mind her with Val just not with Sam

There are exciting times ahead for Tracy.

Fans may get to see a new side to Emmerdale's Tracy Shankley as Amy Walsh is hoping her past will be explored.

Upcoming episodes will see Tracy continue to pursue David Metcalfe, but she is also about to get a new home as well.

As Tracy moves in with Carly and Vanessa, Walsh hopes that this new chapter will also open up opportunities to explore her alter ego's background.

Tracy is jealous to see David and Leyla in cahoots
    © ITV
    "​It will be a massive turning point for her when she's living with Carly and Vanessa - she has not had chums she can confide in before", Walsh told Inside Soap.

"I hope we can learn more about her. Her ex-boyfriend beat her up and her dad's been in prison, so she's a bit of a tough cookie.

"It will be nice to see a more vulnerable side of her."

​Digital Spy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (13-04-2016)

Thread Information