Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameron

Exclamation Cameron

Hollyoaks bosses have cast actor Cameron Moore as a major new regular for the soap.

The 27-year-old's character, also called Cameron, will arrive on screen in June and immediately shake up life in the village.

Hollyoaks actor Cameron Moore
    Cameron Moore

Cameron's initial storyline will see him become a love interest for firefighter Leela Lomax (Kirsty-Leigh Porter). This makes him a rival for charmer Ziggy Roscoe (Fabrizio Santino), who also has feelings for Leela.

The newcomer is originally from Scotland, but his presence in Chester may not be good news for everyone as he has recently spent time in prison.

While Cameron won't be a new villain in the village, viewers will discover that he has a dark and complex past.

Cameron Moore as Cameron in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Cameron in Hollyoaks

A Hollyoaks source explained: "Cameron comes into Hollyoaks as a stranger with a dangerous past that will have wide-ranging implications for many characters in the village.

"He grew up near Edinburgh but after spending time in prison found his way to Hollyoaks. What has drawn him to the village is a mystery to most, but not all of the residents."

Moore is also originally from Scotland but grew up in Gloucestershire.

The actor's previous credits include a role in E4's My Mad Fat Teenage Diary, as well as parts in short films and theatre productions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (19-05-2014)

so he is peri's dad

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    so he is peri's dad
    Sounds like he is from what Leela said

Last edited by tammyy2j; 19-05-2014 at 15:44.

Hollyoaks fans get their first glimpse of Peri Lomax's real father Cameron next week as Sam and Leela both pay a visit to him in prison.

Cameron's introduction comes after Leela makes a shock decision, telling Sam and Danny that she wants Peri to know who her real parents are.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Cameron Moore, who plays the role of Cameron, to hear what fans can expect from the latest addition to the show.

How does it feel to have joined the Hollyoaks cast?
    "It's been great so far. Everyone is far more lovely than I anticipated, as all of the cast are really nice and everyone looks after you here. On my first day, Fab [Santino, who plays Ziggy] took me around Liverpool to show me the sights. I've got a place up here now too, so I feel almost like a Liverpudlian!

"It's the best time to be joining the show as everyone is on a high after Hollyoaks being voted Best Soap at the British Soap Awards. There are really good storylines and I can't think of a better time to join."

What was the audition process for the role like?
    "It was just like any other audition, really. I was in London and I went on tape at the Lime Pictures offices down there. It was good and I thought it went well - I was quite happy with it.

"I later had a call back to say that they wanted to do a screen test, but it turned out that I was going to be in LA at that time. There was some confusion about whether I'd be able to do it or not, but they ended up being able to reschedule it until I got back. I had a couple of days doing some screen tests at the Hollyoaks set in Liverpool and luckily I got the role."

Can you tell us about your first scenes?
    "Cameron's first scenes are some very intense ones which see Sam pay him a visit in prison. There's a bit of verbal sparring between the two characters, as they're trying to figure each other out. Lizzie Roper is great to work with so I really enjoyed reacting to what she was doing, as she's pretty scary in these scenes! I didn't have to pretend too much! (Laughs.)

"Sam threatens Cameron by saying that she'll pull strings and make sure that more time is added to his prison sentence if he comes anywhere near her daughter.

"Leela pays him a visit later and that's a lovely moment, as it's been 14 years since they last saw each other. But as Cameron is being released soon, he doesn't want to jeopardise that - so he might have to listen to Sam's warnings and play the long game."

Cameron is being billed as a big new character for the show, so are there some huge storylines ahead?
    "I hope so! Once Cameron is released, he definitely comes in with a bit of a bang and he disrupts the natural order of things, but it's with good intentions.

"I've mostly been working with Kirsty who plays Leela, Ruby who plays Peri, and Lizzie who plays Sam - and they've all been great to work with. I'm also about to do some scenes with Nick Pickard and Kieron Richardson, which I'm really looking forward to."

What can you tell us about Cameron's history with Leela?
    "They were together before Cameron went to prison 14 years ago. It was a childhood romance and Cameron never really got over that. I like to think of it as a love story. When Cameron is released from prison, some of his actions are going to be slightly questionable, but I always justify them by saying that it's all for the woman he left behind."

We've wanted to know who Peri's father is for a while, so are you excited to be playing him?
    "Definitely. What's interesting is that everyone else knows before Cameron does himself!"

Does Cameron have the potential to be a good father?
    "Yes - it's all he wants. Cameron hasn't had a father figure himself, so he wants a family unit. He has a protective element and he's quite single-minded about getting what he wants."

Would you describe Cameron as a bad boy?
    "It's definitely more complicated than that. Cameron doesn't do anything bad for the sake of it, but I think if you spend 14 years in prison, it definitely has some sort of effect on your psyche. He doesn't intimidate anyone just for the sake of it, as I think he's more intelligent than that. You do get to see both sides of him - there's a playful side but there's a dangerous side as well."

Can he hold his own against the villains in the village?
    "Absolutely! That's one of the things that I'm looking forward to - seeing what happens when Cameron comes up against someone who has the same potential to do really bad things. I hope I don't come up against someone and get beaten up - that would be embarrassing!

"In the stuff I've seen so far, Cameron is tough and that is fun to play. It's not necessarily in an 'in your face' kind of way, but he's no pushover."

Does Cameron aim to steal Leela away from Ziggy?
    "Cameron wants to win Leela back at all costs. His goal couldn't be more obvious than that. There are some funny scenes with Cameron and Ziggy too."

How does Hollyoaks compare to your previous work?
    "It's like a television beast! In the past I've done My Mad Fat Diary, which is hour episodes and you can take longer to shoot it. On Hollyoaks you really have to learn to make the scenes as good as possible as quickly as possible, which is a really useful skill. But it's great as everyone involved loves the show and they're really committed to it. I couldn't be happier with how it's all started."

Cameron Moore has told Digital Spy that viewers will see an "endearing" side to his character Cameron Campbell as he gets to know his daughter Peri.

Cameron has been introduced as a new bad boy for the village, but upcoming scenes will see him make a genuine effort to get to know Peri (Ruby O'Donnell) once the truth about her real parents is revealed.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the launch of Pentahotel Birmingham this week, Moore explained: "I think Cameron is just so willing to learn and to try with Peri. I absolutely love my scenes with Ruby and I'm always chuffed when I get to work with her, as you get to see a completely different side of Cameron.

"I personally don't know what it's like to have a daughter and neither does Cameron! I wouldn't say Cameron is necessarily good at it, but he puts a lot of effort in and I think that's really endearing.

"The audience needs to see that Cameron's intentions are all good in terms of Peri. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!"

In the meantime, dramatic scenes airing next week will see Cameron kidnap Sam Lomax (Lizzie Roper) after being released from prison. As they clash, it becomes clear that Cameron is desperate for answers over why Sam fitted him up all those years ago.

Moore continued: "Those scenes were brilliant to work on. We worked on location and it's very dramatic. The scenes are messy, full of action and it was one of my favourite days filming.

"I think my motivation going into it was that Cameron just wants answers. He wants to know why Sam did what she did, as he needs clarity on what happened. Cameron would go to any means necessary to get those answers, so they're really good scenes."

Cameron's other big rival will be Ziggy Roscoe (Fabrizio Santino) as he tries to compete with him for the affections of Peri's mum Leela (Kirsty-Leigh Porter).

Moore laughed: "When I was coming in, I thought Cameron would win back Leela quite quickly - but it's taking ages! You'll see that Ziggy puts up a real fight for Leela, and I love working with Fab - he's great.

"There's a really good rivalry there. It becomes a much bigger rivalry than I expected, so there's some really good scenes coming up."

As the story progresses, viewers will also be left to wonder whether Cameron can settle down in the village or whether he will slip back into more bad behaviour.

"He does try, and when people call him a bad boy, I say he's not and he just makes mistakes," Moore said. "That's truthfully how I try to play the scenes. Cameron's intentions are always good, but he does have a bad side and he is ruthless.

"Cameron will do what he needs to do, but I try to justify it by saying it's all for love. I've been filming some scenes recently where Cameron really loses it, so that's been good to film as an actor as well. It's good to play someone who makes mistakes!"

Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-07-2014 at 22:00.

Hollyoaks bad boy Cameron Campbell finally revealed his secret in emotional scenes last week, telling his girlfriend Leela Lomax that he accidentally killed her parents.

Cameron's big confession followed five months of secrecy in which he had tried to keep the devastating truth about Sam and Danny's deaths under wraps.

Digital Spy this week caught up with Cameron Moore, who plays Cameron, to hear where his troubled character goes from here and his reaction to being shortlisted for Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards.

Cameron Moore as Cameron in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Hollyoaks actor Cameron Moore

What were last week's big episodes like for you to film?
    "They were my favourites so far and they were also the most challenging scenes that I've had to do yet. Those scenes were all filmed out on location in a wood cabin in Liverpool. We had a really nice small crew and it was great to work more with Kirsty, Fab, Jess and Ruby.

"It was almost like doing a different job, to be honest. We were so isolated and we really got into the scenes. It was also freezing, which helped with the atmosphere!"

Do you think the location made the episodes more effective?
    "Massively. I watched the omnibus on Sunday and the scenes looked so different from anything else you'd see in the show. We were genuinely out in the woods for those scenes and I think it had a massive impact. I have to say well done to the locations team here at Hollyoaks for finding it."

Was it also a good chance to show what you can do?
    "Yeah, I've been waiting for that kind of opportunity, really. Firstly, it was great to finally get out Cameron's confession to Leela that he killed her parents. It's been hanging over his head for so long, but now finally it's come out.

"The scenes were also a real opportunity for Cameron to bare his soul. It was combined with the magic mushrooms which was an interesting slant, but I was really happy with the way it was done. I couldn't have asked for it to be any better and I was really pleased with the writing too."

Are you glad that the writers didn't drag out Cameron's secret for too long?
    "Yeah, I was really glad when I finally read it, but not everybody knows the truth so he's not completely off the hook! It was nice for the truth to come out as soon as possible, because afterwards he can move on.

"We don't know yet whether Cameron and Leela will get back together again. They're not as far as I'm aware in the near future, but they've always got Peri as the link between them. I'll always have scenes with Peri, I hope!"

Have you seen any sympathy for Cameron on your Twitter feed?
    "Yes, which has been a nice change from, 'Yeah but you killed her parents, you're a murderer!' I wasn't nervous about the reaction though, because I knew that once we'd filmed it, we'd really got Cameron's point of view across.

"Lee Skelly who directed those episodes was really intent on getting the honesty across that the car crash was an accident. I had a lot of people messaging me saying, 'Oh that's better, you've told her, I like you now!' So it's nice to be liked, but no doubt I'll mess it up again pretty soon!"

Was Cameron being genuine when he said he'll always feel guilty over Sam and Danny's deaths?
    "Yeah, it will always be there for him. The way I played it was to show that Cameron keeping this secret from Leela was almost weighing him down as much as the act itself. The crash was an accident, but Cameron knows that his actions were wrong and it was cowardly not to call the police. That definitely eats him up but now it's all out with Leela, he's got nothing else to lose."

Would you like Cameron and Leela to reunite?
    "I love working with Kirsty. It'd be nice to have some fun scenes with her because all we do is argue! But in whatever form - whether we're screaming at each other or making up - I think the two characters do actually work really well together. At the same time, it could also be good to mix it up with someone outside of the Lomax/Campbell circles."

Will Cameron keep his edgy side, or will recent events make him want to clean up his act?
    "I think Cameron has been trying to clean up his act, but he keeps making mistakes. That's quite endearing, so I'd quite like it if he keeps doing that!

"Cameron does get to be a hero quite a lot as well, but nobody seems to notice. He rescued Tegan and he killed Big Bob, but nobody noticed that! Cameron also did a good deed with Peri by calling Leela to pick her up. He does good things, but people just seem to remember the bad!"

How long will Cameron be off screen for?
    "I'm still not entirely sure, to be honest with you. It's a fair stint and then perhaps I'll be back! Obviously there are some big stories coming up for Peri with her pregnancy, so who knows what his reaction will be to that? I don't think he'll be entirely happy…"

Do you hope Cameron will support Peri through that?
    "Yeah, definitely. Peri is absolutely everything to Cameron. It's up to Leela how much of Cameron she has in her life, but Peri will always be his daughter and she is his number one priority. That's great for me because it means that I get to work with Ruby and she's an absolute star.

"Ruby is a supremely talented actress and I genuinely mean that. Someone asked me recently who my favourite person is to work with, and it's absolutely her. Ruby has just got it naturally and she never overacts. I can't imagine doing that kind of stuff at her age but she just handles it and gets on with it."

Can we expect to see more of Cameron and Lockie together?
    "I hope so! Me and Nick have absolutely loved the scenes we've had together and we've always got each other's back. It'd be nice for the brotherly bond to grow and I think there's a lot of history there with what happened between them in the past. There are a lot of juicy storylines that could be conjured up, so I'm hoping if I say it out loud, someone in the building might hear me!"

How do you feel about being shortlisted for the NTA?
    "I was so happy when I found out - I was absolutely chuffed. It was [Hollyoaks' executive producer] Bryan who rang me and left an ominous-sounding voicemail. I thought I was getting sacked! (Laughs.) But it was brilliant when I heard the news and I was proud.

"I think I've been really lucky with storylines. The writers have given me an opportunity for the fans to really have an opinion on my character. When it comes to the Hollyoaks fans, you really couldn't ask for anything more in terms of awards and voting because they're really passionate about it. For what we don't have in terms of being on at 7.30pm and 8pm like the other soaps, we make up for with how passionate the fans are."

How do you rate your chances?
    "I have absolutely no idea, genuinely. We don't get any hint at all about what's happening beforehand. Previously the award has been won by actors from EastEnders and Corrie, so it's nice to go in there as a bit of an underdog. But I feel happy that I've got the Hollyoaks army behind me!

"I think Nikki Sanderson has also done superbly well to be shortlisted from such a massive longlist and I hope the fans will vote for both of us."

Why should fans be voting for Hollyoaks as the best soap?
    "Because it is the fastest-moving and most exciting! It's also shot on a single camera so it's very filmic in that sense. I watched the omnibus on Sunday and a lot of stuff happens. There's genuinely never a dull moment and we definitely go through the ringer!

"I think people should vote for Hollyoaks if it's genuinely their favourite - it's important that people vote for what they think is the best one!"

Do you have your outfit sorted for the awards?
    "I wish I did! I'm still trying to figure it out but I'm sure it'll all come together! If worse comes to worse, there'll be a Primark nearby won't there?! I'm sure it'll be fine, as I think it's a bigger deal for the girls. There's not much I can do about my hair to be honest, but it should be a good night!"

Cameron Campbell will discover that his teenage daughter Peri Lomax is pregnant next week, as she prepares to go through with having an abortion.

Viewers have recently seen 15-year old Peri (Ruby O'Donnell) learn that she is expecting a baby after she slept with her boyfriend Tom Cunningham (Ellis Hollins) late last year.
    As Peri prepares to have the abortion with her friend Nico by her side, she is unaware that her dad Cameron is trying to escape from the same hospital with the help of Celine McQueen after injuring himself on a dodgy job.

When Dylan tells a devastated Tom where Peri and Nico are, Tom radios into Darren from Daz Cabs in a desperate attempt to help him stop Peri going through with it. However, Tom is unaware that Cameron is in the back of Darren's car and has heard everything.

Having learned the truth about his daughter's pregnancy, Cameron does his best to be supportive but tells Peri that he needs to leave the village once she's had the abortion.

Later, after Tom and Peri bump into each other at school, he delivers her a shocking ultimatum. What is it? And what will she decide?

Hollyoaks star Cameron Moore has weighed in on his character's love life, admitting that he wants Cameron Campbell to grow closer to Celine McQueen.

Cameron and Celine (Sarah George) briefly dated last month, but it was obvious that Cameron's heart still belonged to his old flame Leela Lomax.

With Leela (Kirsty-Leigh Porter) now married to Ziggy Roscoe, fans will have to wait and see whether Cameron finally moves on or continues to pine for his ex.

Speaking to Hollyoaks' official website, Moore commented: "There is stuff recently that's been out with Celine, which is a lot of fun. Hopefully that may continue, because that definitely brings out a different side to the character.

"He's much more relaxed and kind of makes a fool of himself a bit more, which I quite like because he's not particularly good with girls."

On Cameron's future with Leela, he added: "I'd like to think we'll have some kind of interaction. I absolutely love working with Kirsty-Leigh Porter. Please don't tell her this, but she's brilliant and I really enjoy working with her.

"So I hope there's something, but we're good when we're angry with each other. Even when we were together, we only had about two scenes where we were actually affectionate and loving!"

Moore also couldn't resist letting some gossip slip when answering a fan question on which of his on-screen love interests is the best kisser.

He laughed: "They're both equally very good screen kissers. One of them has a slight tendency to slip the tongue in! I couldn't possibly say who."

Thread Information