Thread: Holby Spoilers 22nd April

Talking Holby Spoilers 22nd April

Airs Tuesday, Apr 22 2014 at 20:00 BST on BBC One

Having reached a bitter impasse with Jonny, Jac sees no option but to make a sickening decision - then is faced with a brutal blast from the past.

Meanwhile, Arthur has some big decisions to make as he plays with the big boys of Neurosurgery.

Elsewhere, has Mo passed up the opportunity of a lifetime?
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

anneked (05-04-2014), maidmarian (05-04-2014)

Jac and Jonny's battle continues to play out. It then takes a brutal turn as Jac twists Jonny's words and sets her lawyer on him, playing her dirtiest yet. Jac realises with horror that she may have made a mistake, only to be faced with her oldest and worst demon...

Meanwhile, Arthur desperately needs to impress Guy and new anaesthetist Jesse Law today, and rinses his friends in order to do so. By the end of the day, he has succeeded and is puffed up with pride - but is this an empty victory?

Elsewhere, after clashing with her sister on AAU and wrongly turning down a great opportunity, Mo thinks she has learned some lessons today - but little does she know, a nasty surprise is around the corner.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (17-04-2014)

Holby City newcomer Don Gilet has revealed that his character Jesse Law will be "controversial".

Viewers will be introduced to Jesse, who is an old friend of Guy Self's, next week when he is employed as a new consultant anaesthetist.

Don Gilet as Jesse Law in Holby City
    © BBC
    Don Gilet as Jesse Law

Speaking about his character, Gilet said to Inside Soap: "Jesse loves to be controversial. A couple of things happen where you question if Jess is dangerous or stable. I like that element because it is very ambiguous.

"He's very flirtatious as well. People try to put him in the box of ladykiller, player or heart-throb, but he's not that two-dimensional.

EastEnders fans may recognise Gilet from playing Denise Fox's husband Lucas Johnson. He bowed out of the soap in 2010 when the character was eventually arrested for several murders.

Don Gilet as Jesse Law in Holby City
    © BBC

Gilet said: "Jesse couldn't be more different from Lucas. It's been a lovely transition.

"Lucas had a twisted belief that he was killing people for the greater good - whereas Jesse believes in his own skill at saving lives. He loves his job."

Holby City airs Jesse's first scenes on Tuesday, April 22 at 8pm on BBC One.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (17-04-2014)

Holby City welcomes a new face to the hospital this week as former EastEnders actor Don Gilet takes on the role of anaesthetist Jesse Law.

Guy Self is confident when he hires Jesse as they are old friends, but not everyone will be pleased with the new appointment - in particular Serena Campbell.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Don to hear all the gossip on his new role and why Jesse will be one to watch in the coming weeks.

How does it feel to have joined the cast of Holby City?
    "I rate Holby highly, but if you'd just asked me, 'How does it feel to have a job?', I'd probably give you the same answer! It's great to feel of use, certainly in this business as actors don't want to be out of work. It's great also to have a job that you're going to get some satisfaction out of, so it ticks that box too as I love the crew and I love the people I'm working with.

"It's full circle for me, as I've come into a job where I'm the new boy again. For a while I've been known as the EastEnders villain [after playing killer Lucas Johnson], so it's good to come back with something which has the same kind of profile but is a completely contrasting character. So it's all good as far as I'm concerned!"

Did you get the job through a regular audition, or did the producers have you in mind for the part?
    "My agent called me and asked, 'How would you fancy coming into Holby playing an anaesthetist?' It's rare that any job comes to me from not having to do an audition, but in this case it was an offer. I'm not used to people saying, 'Would you like to do this?' so it was a no-brainer, really! It was nice that Holby had seen something in my back catalogue that assured them I'd be good for the part, so there was no reason to say no."

As the show is filmed at Elstree like EastEnders, did it feel quite familiar to go back?
    "Absolutely - it was actually weird going back there and driving back into that site. I was reminiscing about EastEnders, as I always used to drive into Elstree to be a villain but now I'm doing something completely different. It was odd - there was a sense of familiarity, but simultaneously a sense of something absolutely brand new. It's a new set of people, a new character and a new storyline."

What can the viewers expect from Jesse?
    "Hopefully they can expect not to be scared of him every time he enters the room! (Laughs.) Jesse is a quirky character. I'd like to think that he has a great bedside manner and he loves all aspects of the medical career that he's taken on. He loves working with people, and he loves the thought that he can help them with their wellbeing and make them better. That's a contrast to Lucas Johnson, whose role on EastEnders was to take away life.

"Jesse has got a passion about what he does and he loves people. He is a driven guy and very much into pushing himself personally, and that's what drew me to him as well because he's a very likeable guy."

Could there be another side to him?
    "Of course you're going to find out that Jesse has got flaws as nobody is perfect, but I think his flaws are forgivable. There isn't a side to him that you should be too wary of, but at the same time, there are little flashes of what he could be like. There is a flip side to him, but is it a dangerous flip side?

"I describe him as Puckish and mischievous, but if you don't know somebody well enough, you might think that's something to keep at arm's length. As for whether that unpredictability leads to any danger, I'd rather people kept an open mind - but I can say that he's not going to go murdering people!

"You'll have to wait and see what Jesse does when he's upset and what he does for kicks when he's happy. Does he play tricks on people for his own entertainment, and is it something the other person will find entertaining? But with his job, he takes it very seriously and that's the contrast I like in the character."

What kind of a relationship does Jesse have with Guy?
    "They go way back. There's an age gap between them and Guy was always a senior person to Jesse, but they've both shared a passion for the work - as well as the play after work. They share the same tastes in music and when you find something like that, the age gap doesn't matter because you like the same things. So they like each other and obviously an anaesthetist and a surgeon have to work very closely together anyway. When there was a post that needed filling at Holby, Jesse was the natural person to step in.

"It's similar to when I worked on EastEnders - it was great coming in and finding that I'd be working side-by-side with Diane Parish, who I'd known for many years and is a really good friend of mine. That made the job just that little bit sweeter. It's the same thing from Guy's point of view - he's recently started at the hospital himself and Jesse is his perfect wingman. It'll be interesting to see how that relationship develops or whether it will come apart."

Jesse's character biography describes him as arrogant, so will he make friends or enemies?
    "I think arrogance is just another perspective on him. As I like my character, I'll say that his behaviour could be misconstrued as arrogance, but he's actually just a very passionate and confident guy. He knows what he can do and he's not going to apologise for all of the great work he's done, but that could be seen by others as arrogance.

"With that aside, Jesse likes people and I think his social warmth will mean that people want to be around him. People who like him will see the difference between confidence and arrogance, but those who don't see the difference are going to err on the negative side. He doesn't become best friends with Serena, put it that way. She prefers more of a humble approach and doesn't like someone coming in saying how brilliant they are!"

Are you in the show for a certain number of episodes, or will the role be ongoing?
    "You'll have to wait and see! I don't want the audience to think that I'm just there for a little moment, but I don't want them to think that I'm part of the furniture either.

"I like the idea that Jesse is there and he's a force to be reckoned with, but if he carries on with some of his behaviour, will he have much of a life at the hospital? He could be a bit of a liability, even though he's great at his job. I wouldn't like to say yet whether he's a stayer or not…"

Will you be watching your first episode as it goes out?
    "I will be watching, but I'm not the biggest fan of watching myself on telly. I will be watching it but I'll probably be squinting a bit when my face is filling the screen!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (22-04-2014)

Thread Information