Thread: Alya Nazir (Sair Khan)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Alya Nazir (Sair Khan)

Coronation Street bosses have confirmed the casting of Kal Nazir's daughter Alya.

Actress Sair Khan has landed the part of Alya and will make her first appearance on the ITV soap in June.

Coronation Street actress Sair Khan
    Sair Khan

21-year-old Alya arrives on the cobbles with an outspoken nature and bubbly personality. Show chiefs have teased that her wayward behaviour will make life difficult for her father in the summer.

Speaking of her new role, Khan told itv.com: "I'm absolutely thrilled to be joining the cast of Coronation Street. As a northerner I've grown up watching the show and so can't quite believe that I'll soon be walking on the famous cobbles."

Coronation Street's assistant producer Ella Kelly added: "We're delighted to introduce Sair as Alya, the new strong-minded member of the Nazir family, who puts temptation in the path of one male resident, causing a storm before her feet have even hit the cobbles."

The long-running show is also currently searching for actors to play Kal's son and mother. Viewers have already been introduced to Kal's father Sharif, played by Marc Anwar.

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn first confirmed plans to introduce Kal's family in January.

Speaking at the time, he said: "We've established that Kal, his son and his daughter live with Kal's mum and dad. We're going to see his mum, dad and his children - we're probably going to bring them onto the street and they'll be the first Muslim family that Corrie has ever had."

Khan, 26, has previously appeared as a guest in BBC One's Doctors and has also been part of various theatre productions.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (01-04-2014), tammyy2j (20-06-2014)

Thread Information