Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Alya Nazir (Sair Khan)

Very sensitive subject I can see, but it's nice that England is still (for now) a free country and we are allowed free speech, and I like to enjoy my tv programmes and at times, feel we are being led into something a bit uncomfortable.
    Do I want to watch a young couple sneaking about on Tv just because they may like each other, not really, not when the problem is a rather old fashioned one and they are scared to be seen.
    It's not as if they have committed a crime and need to sneak.
    This is why I felt compelled to have my "free speech"
    Aplogies to those who felt I was offensive.

Last edited by Dazzle; 01-12-2014 at 00:30. Reason: decided not to rise to the bait

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (30-11-2014)

In case DAzzle "forgets" to put ignore, I hope it can be seen this was not meant as a racist rant, but quite simply, I was upset for the couple in the soap having to creep about in this day and age, and that the soaps should not show it that way.
    I am just saying that England has become a huge multi cultural society and it's inevitable that mixed relationships will happen, so it would be nice if the soaps can show that. I'm upset at how Gary and Alya are not being allowed to just be happy.
    It seems Dazzle has got a raw nerve on this, so I will now, not go into this any more, just to say, I am not racist and I am genuinely sorry to all the people i've offended, and those of you who applaud her comments, please try to see that I have not, said anything concrete other than, i'm aware our society is now getting mixed more and more, that is not being racist.
    I will now hopefully enjoy reading the comments of the more insensitive readers.

In case DAzzle "forgets" to put ignore, I hope it can be seen this was not meant as a racist rant, but quite simply, I was upset for the couple in the soap having to creep about in this day and age, and that the soaps should not show it that way.
    I am just saying that England has become a huge multi cultural society and it's inevitable that mixed relationships will happen, so it would be nice if the soaps can show that. I'm upset at how Gary and Alya are not being allowed to just be happy.
    It seems Dazzle has got a raw nerve on this, so I will now, not go into this any more, just to say, I am not racist and I am genuinely sorry to all the people i've offended, and those of you who applaud her comments, please try to see that I have not, said anything concrete other than, i'm aware our society is now getting mixed more and more, that is not being racist.
    I will now hopefully enjoy reading the comments of the more insensitive readers.

For the record and for those who believe Dazzle to be "thanked" I do not tolerate cyber bullying. Dazzle has implied that I do not complain about other topics soaps shown such as murder, rape, etc and only about a young couple meeting in secret, I do when I can and when I choose, I use my free speech as and where and when i want, no one has to read it, accept it, even understand it, but I will not be bullied by being sent private messages of what "free speech" is and to be threatened of being shown the door!
    I come on here to maybe see a different view of the society we live in, see what other users think, I do not expect to enter into a unpleasant episode of harrassment.
    I like to think that my comments sometimes show a different view, even put a suggestion there, I seem to recall i suggested EE needed a true loving family not a one that was in bits, and low and behold along came the CArters, so was this partly because of my suggestion? who knows, I like to think so, so some complaints can actually be good, HOpe Dazzle can at least try to step off the wonky soapbox that their on!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to owenlee4me For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-12-2014)

For the record and for those who believe Dazzle to be "thanked" I do not tolerate cyber bullying. Dazzle has implied that I do not complain about other topics soaps shown such as murder, rape, etc and only about a young couple meeting in secret, I do when I can and when I choose, I use my free speech as and where and when i want, no one has to read it, accept it, even understand it, but I will not be bullied by being sent private messages of what "free speech" is and to be threatened of being shown the door!
    I come on here to maybe see a different view of the society we live in, see what other users think, I do not expect to enter into a unpleasant episode of harrassment.
    I like to think that my comments sometimes show a different view, even put a suggestion there, I seem to recall i suggested EE needed a true loving family not a one that was in bits, and low and behold along came the CArters, so was this partly because of my suggestion? who knows, I like to think so, so some complaints can actually be good, HOpe Dazzle can at least try to step off the wonky soapbox that their on!!!

There are plenty of examples of "mixed" relationships in Eastenders including Muslims with others, even a mixed gay relationship with a Muslim and a non-Muslim.

However, this particular storyline is a reflection of what still happens in real life as well. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. What was objectionable about your first statement was the idea that Muslims are about to take over the countryand destroy our way of life which is patently absurd and a typical racist BNP/EDL line; the other was the idea that it is all right for us British Christians to go to India and force our way of life on them.

Oh, but well done for single-handedly being responsible for Eastenders introducing the Carters.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-12-2014), swmc66 (01-12-2014)

Last edited by parkerman; 01-12-2014 at 11:25. Reason: Do I really have to say?

Nice post!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Oh, but well done for single-handedly being responsible for Eastenders introducing the Carters.

A certain poster seems to be under the impression that I sent them a PM harassing and threatening them. I don't know where they got that idea!

I did post an amusing graphic about the entitlement to free speech on this thread, but I subsequently deleted the post because I decided not to feed the troll any longer. I guess it was seen in the meantime, but I assure other readers that what I said was in no way harassing or threatening.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 01-12-2014 at 12:11.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (01-12-2014), swmc66 (01-12-2014)

Think it's time to draw a line under this, I could go on and on about how I did not mean it, but it seems you lot are determined to judge me as a bad person, as for single handily bringing in the CArters, who knows eh, but at least you can say something nice, I think?

Thread Information