Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Paige Novak (Olympia Valance)

yeah I agree - the long lost daughter... very exciting though - it'll give them a new dimension!

In the episode the other day, I heard Lauren and Brad call their daughter Lilly... ??

Neighbours newcomer Olympia Valance has given her first full interview since joining the soap.

The actress, who is the half-sister of former Neighbours star Holly Valance, has been cast in the role of Paige Novak - a feisty new arrival who turns up on Ramsay Street with a secret.

Appearing in a new video Q&A with co-star Ariel Kaplan (Imogen Willis), Valance confirmed that she was put through her paces in a tough audition process before finally landing the role of Paige.

"I think we did about four auditions and each audition got harder and harder and harder and harder," she explained. "I remember by the end, when I got called back for my last audition, I was like, 'I don't even want to do it anymore!'"

She added: "I am so, so lucky to be here."

The show's new recruit also revealed that she sought advice from Holly before she started filming.

Olympia said: "She has been super supportive through everything. She basically just said, 'Go in there, do your best every day, work super hard - and you're just lucky that you have so many cool people around you all the time'."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...oE3lbIqw2bp90t
    Last edited by Perdita; 12-05-2014 at 15:15.

Neighbours newcomer Olympia Valance has discussed the true identity of her character Paige Novak, hinting that the repercussions of her secret will be huge.

UK viewers will see Paige turn up in Ramsay Street later this month in search of her biological parents Lauren Turner and Brad Willis.

Lauren and Brad have been attempting to track down their adopted daughter ever since Lauren discovered that she didn't die in childbirth.

Speaking to All About Soap of the storyline, Valance said: "Her big secret is that she is the biological daughter Brad and Lauren have been searching for all this time!

"Paige herself has always been curious about her background - and not having had a particularity happy childhood, as she has got older the urgency to find her real parents has grown."

However, instead of telling Brad and Lauren who she is, Paige hides her true identity as she takes on a job at Harold's and joins the gym in order to get closer to her biological parents.

Valance said: "One thing that viewers will pick up on pretty quickly about Paige is that she is very resourceful. She tracks down Lauren in Harold's and then impresses her by making menu suggestions to a customer. Lauren needs help so offers her a job. It's perfect - she's able to learn more about her parents."

Valance also added that there will be several twists and turns in the storyline for some time yet.

She added: "Paige obviously has hang-ups from her childhood that have caused her to be incredibly cautious. She's really, really scared of being hurt so she won't let her guard down until she's absolutely sure becoming part of their lives is what she really wants.

"When the truth is finally revealed, the fall-out will be felt far and wide! There will be twists and turns in the story for a while to come. It's really great stuff!"

Neighbours newcomer Paige Novak arrives on Ramsay Street later this month but decides to keep quiet about her true identity.

As previously reported, Paige (Olympia Valance) is the biological daughter that Lauren Turner and Brad Willis have been desperately searching for and she turns up in Erinsborough eager to track down her parents.

Paige arrives in Erinsborough
    © Channel 5
    Paige arrives in Erinsborough

Paige's arrival comes just as Brad and Lauren make the tough decision to give up on finding their lost daughter, acknowledging the strain the search is having on their families and respective partners. However, they are unaware that Paige has turned up in the area and is keen to get to know them.

With everyone unaware of who she really is, Paige immediately begins to ruffle feathers with her unknowing biological family.

Amber (Jenna Rosenow) is left feeling unsettled when Josh (Harley Bonner) instantly hits it off with a confident Paige, while Terese also has a run-in with her, causing Paige to seek anonymity by using a fake name.

Paige meets Josh
    © Channel 5
    Paige meets Josh

Amber sees Josh and Paige together
    © Channel 5
    Amber sees Josh and Paige together

When Paige later comes face-to-face with Lauren in Harold's Store, she is deeply moved to have finally met her mother, but is left uncertain when she realises that Amber is Lauren's daughter.

Deciding to keep quiet about who she is for now, Paige is delighted when Lauren offers her a job. As Amber is left to feel even more unsettled, it becomes clear that Paige has only just begun causing havoc...

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, June 16 and Tuesday, June 17 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

lol, its Piper

Neighbours newcomer Olympia Valance has spoken to Digital Spy about future storylines for her character Paige Smith, promising conflict ahead once her true identity is revealed.

Paige makes her first appearance on UK screens today (June 16) as she arrives in Erinsborough hoping to find her biological parents Brad Willis and Lauren Turner.

Although Paige is initially planning to be honest with everyone, she soon makes the decision to keep quiet about who she really is. However, she gets two big opportunities to get to know the Turner and Willis families from afar when she lands a new job at Harold's Store and moves into Ramsay Street as Mark Brennan's new housemate.

Valance told Digital Spy of Paige's arrival: "I feel incredibly lucky to be playing a character with such a complex history. It throws open a whole lot of other opportunities of where she can go in the future.

"Paige is probably not making the right decision by keeping quiet about who she really is, because she is creating this web of lies. But I can understand her being hesitant to open herself up to rejection.

"The fallout when her identity is finally revealed doesn't go down well with some of her new extended family because they feel they have been lied to and some assume she has a hidden agenda."

She continued: "Terese in particular is an emotional time bomb and everyone feels it. There is so much coming up with Paige which I hope the viewers will love because I've loved finding out about it! There is conflict and more conflict, but there are also a lot of lighter moments which show another side to her."

Olympia is the half-sister of former Neighbours star Holly Valance, but landed the role of Paige on her own merits following a long audition process. Show bosses now have big plans for Paige as she looks set to shake up the neighbourhood in the months ahead.

Valance continued: "The scenes I'm doing at the moment still revolve around the fallout of Paige's identity, as well as Brad and Lauren's relationship. However, we have just shot a huge event which impacts on everyone in Erinsborough. That's all I'm saying, but it sets Paige on another path that doesn't have anything to do with her family."

The actress also refused to rule out a future romance between Paige and Brennan now that they will be living together.

She teased: "Hmmm, she is single, he is single - I can't say anymore!"

I'm really excited about this storyline... I wonder what's to come? I want spoilers! LOL

Also ahead on Neighbours, Paige Smith begins to crack under the pressure of her secret identity.

Paige (Olympia Valance) made her first appearance on UK screens earlier this week when she arrived in Erinsborough hoping to find her biological parents Brad Willis and Lauren Turner.

Lauren makes an accusation against Paige
    © Channel 5
    Lauren makes an accusation against Paige

Viewers know that Paige is using a false identity in order to keep her secret safe and has taken on a job at Harold's in order to work alongside Lauren.

When Paige witnesses Bailey stealing money from the till, she doesn't let him know she's seen him, but it backfires on her later when Amber realises they are a hundred dollars short and immediately suspects Paige.

Although Lauren doesn't initially believe Paige could be responsible, Amber soon makes her suspicious after pointing out that no-one else would have had access to the cash register.

Paige lets her feelings be known to Lauren
    © Channel 5
    Paige lets her feelings be known to Lauren

When Lauren learns that Paige has just splashed out on extra groceries, she is forced to believe that Paige is the culprit and has no choice but to fire her.

Paige doesn't speak up about Bailey but she later tells him that she knows the truth and warns him that he needs to stop drinking.

When Paige goes to collect her severance pay, her buried frustration surfaces and she explodes at Lauren, accusing her of being a terrible mother.

Lauren is left shocked by the outburst, having no idea what's prompted it. Is Paige cracking under the pressure of her secret?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday, July 3 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (22-06-2014)

I am liking her so far, and she has good chemistry with Brennan even if it too soon for a romance for him after Kate

Thread Information