Thread: Poldark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Poldark

BBC One today announced that Aidan Turner will star as Ross Poldark in Debbie Horsfield’s adaptation of Winston Graham’s saga set in 18th century Cornwall.

Britain is in the grip of a chilling recession... falling wages, rising prices, civil unrest - only the bankers are smiling. It's 1783 and Ross Poldark returns from the American War of Independence to his beloved Cornwall to find his world in ruins: his father dead, the family mine long since closed, his house wrecked and his sweetheart pledged to marry his cousin. But Ross finds that hope and love can be found when you are least expecting it in the wild but beautiful Cornish landscape.

Aidan Turner said: "I'm very excited to play Ross Poldark for the BBC and it's obviously a huge challenge to honour the extraordinary character Winston Graham created and who Debbie Horsfield has brought new life to. But there's a terrific team coming together and the scripts are superb, so I can't wait to get started."

Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning, says: "We are really excited. He is a brilliant actor, he is part of the BBC family, we are incredibly thrilled he is coming back from Hollywood from The Hobbit in order to lead Poldark for BBC One."

Poldark will be in eight 60-minute episodes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (04-03-2014)

Thread Information