Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Phelan (Connor McIntyre)

great news but leads me to wonder how that will happen if he is exposed or maybe he does redeem himself when lives are in danger

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-10-2016), Glen1 (07-10-2016), livden (07-10-2016), tammyy2j (12-10-2016)

Coronation Street's Richard Hawley has moved in with his co-star Connor McIntyre.

Richard Hawley lives with his 'Coronation Street' co-star Connor McIntyre.

The 61-year-old actor - who portrays factory boss Johnny Connor in the long-running soap - is "really good mates" with his co-star, who plays bad boy builder Pat Phelan, and has temporarily moved in with him in Manchester so he's closer to set when he's asked to shoot his scenes.

He explained: "I live with Connor McIntyre when I'm up here, so we do a lot together. We're very much the odd couple! He's a painter and an artist as well as an actor, so we do the odd gallery together, go watch operas - and have quite a cultured time. It completely baffles people when they see us out together but we're really good mates."

And, although he's on set to work, Richard and his co-stars have a great time shooting scenes in the knicker factory, which his alter ego owns.

He said: "The factory is full of funny moments - because it's full of comedians, generally speaking. Someones one of the crew will dangle a pair of knickers off the lighting man's trousers. Yeah, there's usually somebody with a bra or a pair of pants hanging off them."

Richard's character has only just taken control of the factory but he's hoping Dolly Rose Campbell - who plays loud mouth Gemma Winter - will become an employee soon because he thinks she's the "perfect fit."

Speaking to Inside Soap magazine, he said: "I love Dolly Rose Campbell, who plays Gemma. I think she'd fit in brilliantly. The other person is Liam [Bairstow, who plays Alex Warner] who's lovely. I haven't done much with him yet but he has a fantastic presence."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-10-2016), Glen1 (07-10-2016), Perdita (07-10-2016)

Coronation Street's Richard Hawley has moved in with his co-star Connor McIntyre.

Richard Hawley lives with his 'Coronation Street' co-star Connor McIntyre.

The 61-year-old actor - who portrays factory boss Johnny Connor in the long-running soap - is "really good mates" with his co-star, who plays bad boy builder Pat Phelan, and has temporarily moved in with him in Manchester so he's closer to set when he's asked to shoot his scenes.

He explained: "I live with Connor McIntyre when I'm up here, so we do a lot together. We're very much the odd couple! He's a painter and an artist as well as an actor, so we do the odd gallery together, go watch operas - and have quite a cultured time. It completely baffles people when they see us out together but we're really good mates."

And, although he's on set to work, Richard and his co-stars have a great time shooting scenes in the knicker factory, which his alter ego owns.

He said: "The factory is full of funny moments - because it's full of comedians, generally speaking. Someones one of the crew will dangle a pair of knickers off the lighting man's trousers. Yeah, there's usually somebody with a bra or a pair of pants hanging off them."

Richard's character has only just taken control of the factory but he's hoping Dolly Rose Campbell - who plays loud mouth Gemma Winter - will become an employee soon because he thinks she's the "perfect fit."

Speaking to Inside Soap magazine, he said: "I love Dolly Rose Campbell, who plays Gemma. I think she'd fit in brilliantly. The other person is Liam [Bairstow, who plays Alex Warner] who's lovely. I haven't done much with him yet but he has a fantastic presence."

It's always a problem when a villain becomes a popular character or when the producer likes them and the extend their contract. It means they have to find ways of keeping them on in spite of their villainy and the fact they should be behind bars or something. Let's hope this all ends better than Dean in EE.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-10-2016), Glen1 (13-10-2016)

I know they will have to come up with something unbelievable for him to stay

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-10-2016), parkerman (07-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I know they will have to come up with something unbelievable for him to stay
    I don't know. It was only a few days ago I posted that I had a feeling he was being softened up and that he appeared to be telling the truth when he said he loved Eileen.

If that is true (as I think seems likely now), then him doing the dirty on Vinny seems possible. It could be Vinny he's putting on an act for when they're planning to do a runner together, not Todd when he says he's staying. Or perhaps Vinny will try to kill Eileen and Phelan will kill him to save her. Both scenarios are plausible to my mind.

Or there could be a completely unexpected twist in the tale...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-10-2016), swmc66 (08-10-2016)

i dont think he loves eileen, just dont see her as the type of woman he would love if capable of it, he loves himself

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (08-10-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i dont think he loves eileen, just dont see her as the type of woman he would love if capable of it, he loves himself
    Yes love is probably too strong a word. Perhaps though he's developed enough of a fondness for her to choose her over Vinny if push comes to shove. The thing is if he's been deliberately softened a little (which we might only know for sure when this storyline is over) he isn't the same Phelan who made life hell for Owen and Anna so he might be capable of some feelings. I think he'll always put himself first though.

I do hope he'll eventually get his comeuppance even if we have to wait a while.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-10-2016), swmc66 (08-10-2016)

anna and him don't seem to have anymore scenes or her angry at him

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (13-10-2016), parkerman (07-10-2016), swmc66 (08-10-2016), tammyy2j (12-10-2016)

If he staying around now longer over his contract extension, how once the con is revealed?

Thread Information