Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Cotton (Declan Bennett)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I thought June could not afford to retire or have hours cut so maybe she is not getting paid that much ...
    I think.she is one of the highest earners on EE
    What I think she was complaining about -
    when she said she couldnt afford to retire-
    was that the money she had invested in
    pensions/ annuities over the years was only
    now bringing an income of half what had
    been expected.
    Which has happened to.a lot of ( mainly)
    self- employed people. They dont get
    occupational pensions.

From comments it does seem.wide dicrepancies
    in.pay between senior & junior actors on various
    Soaps.!
    So possibly a bit of a hot potato.at the BBC
    - with controversy over public funding &
    licence fee etc

p.s. Not exhaustive and not sure how accurate
    - but a couple of years ago.Steve Mcfadden &
    June Brown were reported as being on £300k
    per year. Barbara Windsor was also said to
    be on an high salary before she left.!

Then it was said there would be pay cuts of
    £50k per year for some high earners-BBC
    economies!!

Danny Dyer was rumoured to be starting
    at£250k per year with promise of matching
    highest earners salaries?
    Last edited by maidmarian; 23-07-2015 at 19:12. Reason: addl info. ??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Perdita (23-07-2015)

Dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 23-07-2015 at 18:57.

How ridiculous to axe Declan Bennett!! Admittedly, Charlie's been a pathetic and unlikeable character recently, but that's the writers' fault not Declan's. Charlie was a uniquely enigmatic and charismatic character when he first came to Albert Square and the writers have totally wasted that. I really question DTC's judgement...

Kim's absolutely right that Ronnie would never let Charlie take Matthew. Let's hope that doesn't actually happen because it's more unlikely than Kathy coming back from the dead in my opinion!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (23-07-2015), tammyy2j (22-09-2015)

In terms of amount per appearance I'd guess that she is. She's been on some kind of reduced hours deal for a few years now I think, it's probably that she can't afford to cut any more.

She probably could strictly speaking afford to retire, but as maidmarian said, her pensions have halved so it would mean she wouldn't be able to maintain the lifestyle she's become accustomed to.
    Last edited by Kim; 23-07-2015 at 21:11.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Perdita (24-07-2015)

I wonder was Charlie the character who was die that the writers and producers scrapped in the end, as I did think he might have thrown himself in front of the train before he left alone without Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I wonder was Charlie the character who was die that the writers and producers scrapped in the end, as I did think he might have thrown himself in front of the train before he left alone without Matthew
    Possibly he was, but it would have been too cruel to Dot to have yet another loved-one die. It was bad enough he left without saying goodbye to her.

why did he leave dot and matthew, story wise it made no sense, i know he was axed

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-09-2015), tammyy2j (23-09-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    why did he leave dot and matthew, story wise it made no sense, i know he was axed
    Another stupid exit where a character leaves everyone they love to start again with nothing. It wouldn't be so bad if they had a good job to go to, or something similar.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 22-09-2015 at 19:40.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (22-09-2015), Perdita (22-09-2015), tammyy2j (23-09-2015)

EastEnders aired Charlie Cotton's exit tonight (September 24), as he learned the hard way that you don't mess with Ronnie Mitchell.

Charlie made a surprise reappearance for one final episode, just days after he had left Walford without his baby son Matthew.

The tense storyline twist saw Charlie return in an attempt to threaten his wife Ronnie (Samantha Womack), warning that he would reveal she is a murderer if she didn't hand Matthew over to him.

Ronnie appeared to crumble under the pressure of Charlie's demands, but she wasn't down on her luck for long. Bouncing back in true Mitchell style, Ronnie teamed up with her old flame Vincent Hubbard (Richard Blackwood) to turn the tables on her estranged husband.

Viewers weren't shown what happened to Charlie after the pair confronted him at Dot's house, but the signs weren't looking too good when his wallet was found abandoned in a bin out on the street.

When her sister Roxy confronted her over the strange goings-on, Ronnie would only say that Charlie had gone. Vincent was equally cagey when his mother Claudette wanted to know why he'd suddenly changed his clothes.

Charlie is startled by Ronnie and Vincent
    © BBC

Charlie is startled by Ronnie and Vincent
    © BBC
    Were these Charlie's final moments alive?

Could Ronnie and Vincent have resorted to murder to deal with Charlie once and for all, or did they simply scare him off? It looks like fans will be kept guessing for a while, but there are sure to be more clues tomorrow as Roxy's questions continue to put Ronnie under pressure.

Declan Bennett's departure from the role of Charlie was exclusively revealed by Digital Spy in July. Charlie has been appearing on screen since early 2014, when he was introduced as the grandson that Dot Branning never knew existed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-09-2015)

Well Charlie should have got some insurance. Like a sealed letter lodged somewhere only to be opened if he disappeared...

Thread Information