Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Lee Carter

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I have no sympathy for him now after arranging the robbery
    He is desperate and nobody has realised that there is something wrong with him ... he must be feeling extremely isolated, lonely and bullied by his "mates" .... I feel his pain, very good portrayed by the actor imo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-12-2016), kaz21 (06-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He is desperate and nobody has realised that there is something wrong with him ... he must be feeling extremely isolated, lonely and bullied by his "mates" .... I feel his pain, very good portrayed by the actor imo
    Also he's probably feeling more and more trapped by it all, each day. Which probably makes it worse.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-12-2016), Perdita (06-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Also he's probably feeling more and more trapped by it all, each day. Which probably makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    I think Lee tries to end it all on the Vic roof but Mick saves him

I saw a photo on a soap magazine which I think was the Vic roof

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-12-2016), Perdita (07-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think Lee tries to end it all on the Vic roof but Mick saves him

I saw a photo on a soap magazine which I think was the Vic roof
    Lets hope Mick does manage to talk him out of suicide which I think Lee is very much contemplating

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-12-2016), kaz21 (07-12-2016)

EastEnders' Lee Carter will finally open up to his dad Mick over the festive season, coming clean about the ongoing lies he's told about his job.
    We've already revealed that Lee will hit breaking point this Christmas as he struggles with the pressure of his secrets involving his job, his salary, his depression and that recent robbery at the pub, and although it was teased that he'd be having a heart-to-heart with Mick in the lead-up to Christmas, further details regarding what exactly happens during the conversation have been kept under wraps until now.
    With so many burdens, it's anyone's guess as to how much Lee actually reveals, but he does tell Mick the truth about his job - finally admitting that he works in a call centre.
    Lee has given his family, and wife Whitney, the impression that he has a more superior job in the city - and has been struggling to keep up the financial pretence as a consequence.
    Fed up of Lee's distant behaviour, Whitney turns to Mick who tries to allay her fears and tackle his son's problems himself, but during a chat on the Vic roof, Mick will get more than he bargained for when a struggling Lee starts to come clean about everything - starting with the fact he works in a call centre.
    Despite holding back some of the more major information, Lee does tell Mick the full truth about why he's not earning the money he has led them to believe. But how will Mick react? And will telling the truth relive the burden for Lee, or just add to his problems?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-12-2016)

Devastating suicide storyline for Lee Carter

There are devastating scenes ahead in EastEnders as depressed Lee Carter can finally take no more and prepares to take his own life. With the overwhelming pressure he has been under coming to a head, the tortured local can see no way out and finds the any light or hope firmly extinguished.

Having been in the grips of depression, Lee has been struggling to keep his head above the water and crippling debts, the guilt and fear from the robbery, the feelings that he isn’t good enough for Whitney and the traumatic miscarriage have gradually left him unable to cope.

As things become too much, fans have seen Lee leave a note for his loved ones which simply apologises – and his family could be about to face the prospect of losing him forever.

As Lee contemplates ending it all, EastEnders have been working closely with Samaritans on the storyline as depression and suicide among young men has continued to soar in the UK.

The upcoming episode of EastEnders will see a trapped Lee prepare to end his life and the scenes will prove emotional as viewers will be left hoping that someone can convince Lee that there can be light at the end of the darkness he is enduring.

It remains to be seen whether this is the end for Lee or whether he can be persuaded that he can get through this.

Lorna Fraser, Samaritans’ Media Adviser said: ‘Given the sensitivities with covering the topic of suicide we were pleased that EastEnders came to us for guidance on Lee Carter’s storyline.

‘Increasing people’s understanding on the issues surrounding suicide, such as the kinds of problems that can lead a person to experience suicidal feelings and encouraging people to seek help, can help generate conversation and for some this can be a lifeline.

‘Coverage of suicide, in drama and news, carries an element of risk, therefore it’s important that guidance is sought. Samaritans has been working with the media for over two decades providing expert advice on this.

‘We would encourage any viewers who have been touched by Lee’s story to get in touch with Samaritans, we are here day and night, to listen and give confidential support. People can call us free of charge on 116123, or email [email protected] find the details for your local branch at www.samaritans.org. Calls to Samaritans’ helpline do not show up on phone bills.’

Danny-Boy Hatchard added: ‘Lee’s storyline is covering such an incredibly important and serious issue and I can only hope that his journey will encourage people to speak out about their problems and come to realise they are not alone.’

The scenes will air on Friday 30th December at 8pm on BBC One.

For confidential support call the Samaritans in the UK on 08457 90 90 90 or visit the Samaritans website.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (30-12-2016), Perdita (30-12-2016)

Danny-Boy Hatchard may be leaving EastEnders and his character Lee Carter behind when his current storyline ends, but he's not completely ruling out a return to the soap - at least if he has anything to say about it.

The 25-year-old actor first appeared in the soap in April 2014 and has received wide critical acclaim for his take on the character since, especially in his recent depression storyline that saw Lee on the brink of contemplating suicide.

Hatchard has already scored a post-Enders musical gig, but that doesn't mean he wants to leave Albert Square for good.

"I feel it's the right time for me to leave," he told the Daily Star on Sunday. "But it's bye for now, not forever."

Of course, these finicky soap gods - not to mention EastEnders' new producer Sean O'Connor - may have something other than a quiet departure planned for Lee, which is something that Danny-Boy has under consideration.

"If Lee was to be killed off I would be upset and that would be the end of the road," he added. "I think it's never a blessing when a character is killed off.

"I'm also always quite open-minded to the fact that if they ever brought Lee back it could be with me or somebody else."

Still, it looks like Danny-Boy is feeling alright with his upcoming departure even with all that to think about, saying: "I'm looking forward to going off and doing some other stuff. I'm waiting for the right project."

Hatchard also spoke to Digital Spy recently to talk about how he felt now he's leaving the soap, and he said he was "honoured" to be a part of the show.

"One of the main reasons I became an actor is because I love to tell stories that can help people and portray the truth - whether that be political, emotional or any kind of genre," he said.

"EastEnders represents people from working class backgrounds and I've been honoured to be a part of it for the time that I've been here."

Lee Carter's exit storyline will be aired in the coming weeks.

Digital Spy

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2017), Glen1 (06-02-2017), tammyy2j (07-02-2017)

does he take the job away in dover while whitney stays with mick

He went too far hitting Whitney. Hope she doesn't forgive him.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (11-02-2017), Rear window (11-02-2017), tammyy2j (11-02-2017)

Thread Information