Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Carter

Lee Carter

EastEnders has cast Danny-Boy Hatchard as Lee Carter - the eldest son of recent newcomers Mick (Danny Dyer) and Linda (Kellie Bright).

Lee is described as a "Jack-the lad", who has just returned from serving as a soldier in Afghanistan.

Mick and Linda are delighted to have him home, but soon become frustrated by their son's reluctance to pull his weight around the pub.

Lee is an upbeat "tigger-like" character, but his mischievous manner could be hiding something more complicated.

Hatchard said of his new role: "I'm incredibly excited to be a part of EastEnders, a show that my family and I have watched for years.

"It's an honour to have the chance to share the camera with such talented actors and I can't wait to get cracking and join the Carter family."

The 22-year-old, who has just finished a stint in the 20th anniversary revival of Jonathan Harvey's Beautiful Thing in the West End, will begin filming on the soap next month.

EastEnders executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins said: "Julia Crampsie, our casting executive, has found the missing piece of the Carter family puzzle.

"Danny-Boy has an authenticity and sensitivity that makes him perfect for EastEnders - and the Carter family.

"Lee Carter is going to pelt into the Square, ruffle some feathers and immediately prove that he's a chip off his father's block. But why is Lee so keen to stay in Walford and not return to the army?"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...e-picture.html
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 21-01-2014 at 01:09.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (22-01-2014), lizann (21-01-2014)

This is him

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-01-2014)

This is him

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (21-01-2014)

as sexy as daddy mick

so, which one of walford ladies will he go for? whitney? lauren?
    If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life...With confidence, you have won even before you have started. - Marcus Garvy

How many more Carters are there? I hope he's the last of them!

Quote Originally Posted by inkyskin View Post
    so, which one of walford ladies will he go for? whitney? lauren?
    I'd guess Whitney maybe or might like cougars maybe Dot

Last edited by tammyy2j; 22-01-2014 at 16:38.

I'm sorry, how is 'Danny-Boy' someone's actual name?!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

EastEnders airs more drama for the Carter clan next week as the arrival of Mick and Linda's eldest son Lee causes a stir.

While the whole family are delighted to have the young soldier back from Afghanistan, it soon becomes clear that he is hiding a secret.

Things start off well for Lee as he reconnects with each member of his family - which includes putting his younger brother Johnny (Sam Strike) at ease by revealing that he always knew about Johnny's sexuality.

Lee admits he always knew Johnny was gay.
    © BBC
    Lee admits he always knew Johnny was gay.

Lee also has some luck with the ladies as he catches Lucy Beale's eye and ends up having a one-night stand with her.

Despite the happy homecoming, Mick (Danny Dyer) and Linda (Kellie Bright) are quick to realise that Lee is concealing something from them - and that Stan knows much more than he's letting on.

Mick's worst fears are later realised when he catches his son preparing to abscond with help from Stan (Timothy West).

Although Lee is initially reluctant to be honest with his father, he eventually breaks down and comes clean. Why doesn't Lee want to return to the army?

As announced in January actor Danny-Boy Hatchard has been cast as Lee following his successful stint in the 20th anniversary revival of Jonathan Harvey's Beautiful Thing in the West End.

Hatchard said earlier this year: "I'm incredibly excited to be a part of EastEnders, a show that my family and I have watched for years.

"It's an honour to have the chance to share the camera with such talented actors and I can't wait to get cracking and join the Carter family."

Thread Information