Thread: Trigger has passed away

Trigger has passed away

British actor Roger Lloyd-Pack, best known as Trigger in Only Fools and Horses, has died age 69, agent says
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Actor Roger Lloyd-Pack, who played Trigger in Only Fools And Horses, has died aged 69, according to his agent.

He was best known for his role in the long-running hit comedy series alongside David Jason as the dopey road-sweeper.

His agent, Maureen Vincent, said he had pancreatic cancer and had "died at home surrounded by his family".

Lloyd-Pack appeared in dozens of films and TV shows including Dr Who, and The Vicar Of Dibley.

He was also in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Only Fools And Horses is due to return for a special one-off episode for Sport Relief in March.

It is believed the script has been written but it is not known if filming has begun.

The episode was due to feature Lloyd-Pack.

Describing him as a fine actor, Sir David Jason said: "I was very saddened to hear of Roger's passing.

"He was a very quiet, kind and unassuming actor who was a pleasure to work with.

"Although he played the simple soul of Trigger in Only Fools And Horses, he was a very intelligent man and a very fine actor capable of many roles.

"I shall remember him with fondness and for all the good times we had together."

Father Ted creator Graham Linehan was among those paying tribute online.

He said: "Very sad news about Roger Lloyd Pack. Trigger was an ancestor to Father Dougal and I'm glad I once had a chance to tell him so."

John Challis, best known as Boycie in Only Fools, said: "I spoke to Roger two days ago. Roger said it was a bit awkward to talk at that particular moment.

"It is very sad and very distressing.

"My thoughts are with his family. He was a remarkable man and he'll be missed. Roger is irreplaceable. It's a very sorry day."

Paying tribute on Twitter, actor James Corden said: "So sad to hear about the passing on Roger Lloyd Pack. What an incredible actor and person. May he rest in peace.

Lord Sugar tweeted: "Sad news on the death of fools and horses actor Roger Lloyd-Pack ( trigger ) . One of my favourite TV characters . RIP."

Lloyd-Pack was born in 1944 into an acting family in north London, and his father Charles was a regular in Hammer horror films.

The father-of-four was also a successful stage actor, appearing regularly at Shakespeare's Globe in central London, but knew he would always be best known as Trigger.

Lloyd-Pack was involved in one of the most memorable and classic scenes from the show when he and Del Boy go to a wine bar.

The actor, who was fluent in German, Italian, and French, was also politically active and a prominent campaigner for left-wing causes.

An avid supporter of Tottenham Hotspur, he sometimes gave interviews on the touchline at White Hart Lane.

The club tweeted: "We're saddened to learn of the death of Spurs fan Roger Lloyd-Pack. The Club extends our condolences to his friends and family."

Lloyd-Pack's daughter Emily shot to fame in the 1987 film Wish You Were Here before stepping back from the celebrity limelight after struggling with health issues.

Rest In Peace

RIP Roger.. loved him in a lot of things he did. Funny man
    Super Mod

RIP Dave

rip roger

R.I.P Trigger you will be dearly missed.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information