Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people watch television dramas?

Why do people watch television dramas?

Hi,

I am in my final year at Bournemouth University and doing a research project on why people watch television dramas and if mobile apps can enhance drama viewing.

I have developed a questionnaire which I would really appreciate it if you could take your time to complete so I can gain a better idea of why viewers watch television dramas and what they desire from companion applications.

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9XjFDncpMrjnQvX

Unfortunately so that I can get a sample which is representative of my target population I have had to restrict the age range to 18-34 (the largest users of mobile apps).

If you have any opinions on my research such as whether companion would enhance the viewing experience for dramas please post them below, I would be really interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jenny288; 15-01-2014 at 18:13.

Hi again,

From talking to my tutor yesterday and putting this point of view across she has since taken back her comments and agreed that I should open it up to all ages. So if I haven't annoyed you all too much by originally restricting it I would really appreciate if you could do my questionnaire.

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9XjFDncpMrjnQvX

If I can get enough data I will attempt to make comparisons between the age groups and hopefully find justification to why I was wrong to restrict it in the first place.

Jenny have you cleared this post with the owners of the board
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    No I didn't realise I had to. Took a quick look through the terms and conditions when I joined and couldn't see anything against doing personal research.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    No I didn't realise I had to. Took a quick look through the terms and conditions when I joined and couldn't see anything against doing personal research.

Its to do with links to external sites. I have contacted one of the moderators for you

Hello Jenny

We normally check links to website to make sure there is no promotion and that people clicking on these links are not spammed, have their details used or asked for i.e. personal details and that it is not a virus.
    You link looks like a normal survey. (bit of advise, on the survey it asks if you use companion apps, would be a good idea to skip some pages if answered is no)

Hope you get the responses you need
    Super Mod

Hello Jenny

We normally check links to website to make sure there is no promotion and that people clicking on these links are not spammed, have their details used or asked for i.e. personal details and that it is not a virus.
    You link looks like a normal survey. (bit of advise, on the survey it asks if you use companion apps, would be a good idea to skip some pages if answered is no)

Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Hello Jenny

Thanks Siobhan!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenny288 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (25-01-2014)

There you go. Very interesting survey

Thread Information