Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Corrie Spoilers 27th - 31st January 2014

Quote Originally Posted by katieb View Post
    I can't believe some of the post on here.

its a soap. its a brilliant TV show but criticising it for "not being 100% true to life" and implying that somehow its going to put people off volunterring, or make them take their own life is a little bit OTT in my opinion.
    I was respoinding to the post which implied that helping at homeless shelters was looking for trouble. Of course it's a soap, but soaps do raise social issues that are in society and quite real. And this implies that:

"Has Sophie not learnt from the years that her stints in the shelter lead to robberies and trouble."

It's niave to underestimate the influence a soap has on the millions of viewers. There are plenty of instances in which peoples actions have been influenced by tv shows and films alike. Sometimes with disastous results.

Quote Originally Posted by katieb View Post
    I can't believe some of the post on here.

its a soap. its a brilliant TV show but criticising it for "not being 100% true to life" and implying that somehow its going to put people off volunterring, or make them take their own life is a little bit OTT in my opinion.
    I was respoinding to the post which implied that helping at homeless shelters was looking for trouble. Of course it's a soap, but soaps do raise social issues that are in society and quite real. And this implies that:

"Has Sophie not learnt from the years that her stints in the shelter lead to robberies and trouble."

It's niave to underestimate the influence a soap has on the millions of viewers. There are plenty of instances in which peoples actions have been influenced by tv shows and films alike. Sometimes with disastous results.

Coronation Street's Roy Cropper struggles to keep a lid on his true emotions at Hayley's funeral in tonight's double bill (January 31).

Despite his previous threats, Roy (David Neilson) decides to be in attendance for Hayley's send-off following some persuasion from Fiz Stape and Carla Barlow. However, he is still secretly furious with Hayley for ending her own life.

As the service gets under way, Carla gives a moving poetry reading before Fiz (Jennie McAlpine) shares her memories of Hayley in an emotional speech.

Before Fiz gets a chance to finish, though, Roy suddenly stands up and declares that everyone deserves to know the truth about Hayley. As Fiz, Carla and Anna all panic, how much will Roy reveal?

Roy feels he can't remain silent anymore.
    © ITV
    Roy feels he can't remain silent anymore.

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Can't say as I blame him for feeling this way. He was made to be part of her suciide against his will. He didn't administer the poison, but she wanted him there, supporting her.

She did also give him the option to leave but he did not take it

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think by then she had him pretty tied up with guilit. Which is how she even got him to that point. He was made to feel disloyal and unsupportative by not going along with her plans.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GloriaW For This Useful Post:

sarah c (31-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think by then she had him pretty tied up with guilit. Which is how she even got him to that point. He was made to feel disloyal and unsupportative by not going along with her plans.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GloriaW For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (31-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by GloriaW View Post
    Exactly!, how could he then go 'ok I'll just pop to the Rovers, give you an hour?'

If Hayley wanted to be fair maybe she shouldn't have involved him.? Made the funeral plans, had a good day and done the deed alone whilst Roy was absent?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

GloriaW (31-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    Exactly!, how could he then go 'ok I'll just pop to the Rovers, give you an hour?'

If Hayley wanted to be fair maybe she shouldn't have involved him.? Made the funeral plans, had a good day and done the deed alone whilst Roy was absent?
    And that is the big question here. The torn part is her wanting not to get to the point of mindless suffering and opting to escape through suicide which most understand and the other side of the coin which is coercing someone who loves you to go along with something they don't want or agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post

And that is the big question here. The torn part is her wanting not to get to the point of mindless suffering and opting to escape through suicide which most understand and the other side of the coin which is coercing someone who loves you to go along with something they don't want or agree with.

Thread Information