Thread: Alex Browning

Exclamation Alex Browning

Hollyoaks fans will be introduced to Doctor Browning's son Alex next month.

Actor Ojan Genc has been cast in the role of Alex, whose arrival in the village will come as a shock to Browning's widow Mercedes.

Viewers know that Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) killed Browning in a heated showdown last October, before covering up the crime with help from Cindy Cunningham and Lindsey Butterfield.

Mercedes has also attempted to profit from Browning's demise by cashing in his life insurance.

According to the Daily Star Sunday today (January 12), Alex wants to avenge his father's death when he arrives in the village.

As Alex realises that there is much more to the case than first meets the eye, Mercedes becomes unsettled over his presence and the obvious similarities he shares with her late husband.

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (13-01-2014)

mercy will sleep with him

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    mercy will sleep with him
    Is he not quite young still?

The doctor beat his first wife and their kids were young I think

Last edited by tammyy2j; 13-01-2014 at 15:01.

this the third storyline someone has come back for to find out about a relatives death first Grace when Clare died, then Sonny to bring down Theresa for Calvin and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Is he not quite young still?

The doctor beat his first wife and their kids were young I think
    mercy sleeps with him so he must be over 16

Why??

Why??

Doctor Browning's teenage son Alex makes his debut in Hollyoaks' E4 first look episode tonight (February 12) as Mercedes pays him a visit with a plan in mind.

With Cindy Cunningham's newborn baby urgently needing a bone marrow transplant, Mercedes hopes that she can find a way to convince Alex to get himself tested as a potential donor.

Digital Spy recently caught up with actor Ojan Genc, who plays Alex, for his first interview about his Hollyoaks role and what's to come.

How does it feel to have joined the cast?
    "It feels really good. Everyone is really laid-back as everyone knows what they're doing, so it all goes like clockwork. I came into the show not knowing what to expect, but it's been great. I've come in, cracked on and haven't had any trouble trying to adjust."

When did you first hear about the role?
    "I first heard about the part in early December. My audition had two rounds and in all of the scenes I was reading, the characters had different names to the main show. I couldn't quite grasp the storyline just from the auditions, but then as soon as I read the character breakdown, it all made sense.

"I'd been seen for Hollyoaks a few times before this, but I knew that this was the character I clicked with the most. That gave me a lot of incentive to really do my best with it."

What can the viewers expect from Alex?
    "Alex's intentions are good and innocent, but he does come into a difficult situation that I think anyone would struggle to deal with. All he wants is answers and closure, but you'll see that there are also some similarities between him and his dad."

Ojan Genc as Alex Browning in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Ojan Genc as Alex Browning

What kind of relationship did Alex have with his father Paul?
    "Alex didn't see him a lot. Paul Browning was quite absent from his life, so Alex didn't know him very well. Alex has a lot of anger over that, because he never got a chance to settle everything with his dad before he passed away. Paul never apologised for not being there and Alex never got a chance to forgive him, so Alex is dealing with all of that. Alex also doesn't believe the official story of how his father died…"

Tell us a bit about the scenes where Mercedes visits Alex at the Brownings' home.
    "Mercedes pretends to be a cleaner and flirts with him. Alex is attracted to her, because she is an attractive lady and he's a teenager who's experiencing his first signs of attention from a girl. His reaction to that is pretty natural."

How would Alex feel if he knew about the situation with Cindy's newborn son?
    "I think Alex would struggle to make the decision of whether to help or not. He's got his mum to think about, and she doesn't want him to have anything to do with any of Paul Browning's exes and his other life."

Should Mercedes, Cindy and Lindsey be worried that Alex might uncover their dark secret?
    "Well nobody would be relaxed in that situation, so the answer to that is yes! It's not because Alex is a particularly destructive person, because I don't think he is, but I think anybody would be worried in their situation!"

What was your first day on set like? Were you nervous?
    "I was nervous as I didn't really know what to expect, but as soon as I clocked on to how easygoing and how relaxed everyone is here, it was very easy from there. I'd been on set for a couple of days before I actually started filming, so I'd already met everyone by the time it came to shooting my first scenes. I was eased into it."

What type of acting work have you done in the past?
    "I mainly come from a theatre background. I went to the BRIT School and studied theatre, so I did a lot of plays whilst I was there. I came out of there with an agent and have had some bit parts here and there, including a independent feature film. I also had a small part in Charlie Brooker's A Touch of Cloth."

Have you had lots of people telling you that you look similar to Joseph Thompson who played Doctor Browning?
    "Yes, a lot of people have said that! On my first day I had lots of people saying, 'Oh my God, you look and sound so much like him!' I obviously haven't met Joe, but I've seen clips and I think he's brilliant."

How do you feel about travelling from London to Liverpool for the part?
    "I love London but it's nice to travel to different places too. I love long train journeys - I'm a bit of an old man, so I love the quiet carriage, reading on the train, having a bit of a snooze and enjoying the surroundings!"

Thread Information