Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Naomi Canning

Exclamation Naomi Canning

Morgana O'Reilly has been announced as the latest cast member to join Neighbours.

The actress will be playing Naomi, the estranged daughter of Sheila Canning who returns unannounced for a family reunion.

"When I was offered the role, I reverted back to my teenage self and was jumping and squealing," O'Reilly said. "I was so excited."

She added of her character: "Naomi is a lot of fun. But she's hiding a lot of secrets.

"It's going to be interesting to see the lengths she'll go to in order to keep these hidden - particularly from her mother!"

O'Reilly is a new regular for Neighbours and began filming scenes on the soap last month. She will arrive on Australian screens in March.

Colette Mann, who plays Sheila, said at the time: "We are going to know more about Sheila's family soon. We are starting to bring in her family over the next six months, so you'll hear some stories about them.

"Hopefully there'll also be a male coming in - an older male. But both of them Sheila doesn't get along with, of course!"

Neighbours, which is currently on its winter break, airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2oxJze6cn

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-12-2013), SoapsJSK (13-03-2014), TaintedLove (30-12-2013), tammyy2j (05-03-2014)

she looks kyle's age

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

trenes27 (22-07-2014)

Neighbours newcomer Naomi Canning could test one of the show's established relationships when she joins Ramsay Street, Digital Spy can reveal.

Late last year, it was announced that actress Morgana O'Reilly has been cast in the role of Naomi, who is Sheila's estranged daughter.

Neighbours actress Morgana O'Reilly
    © Channel 5
    Neighbours actress Morgana O'Reilly

Naomi will be a new minx for the long-running soap and will shake up life in Erinsborough with some controversial behaviour.

When Naomi arrives on the street, she already has a history of relationships with unavailable men.

Once she settles in, it quickly becomes clear that Naomi hasn't learned any lessons from her past mistakes when she sets her sights on a married guy who lives on the street.

Fans know that Brad Willis, Toadie Rebecchi, Matt Turner and Karl Kennedy are the possibilities from the show's regular cast.

Ryan Moloney, who plays Toadie, has previously teased that his character could be tempted by another woman this year - but fans will have to wait and see whether he is the guy in question.

Moloney said last month: "One of Toadie's strengths comes from his integrity and standing up for what is right. I think cheating is the last thing he would do, but what a fall from grace it would be if he ever did! Besides, Neighbours is a soap, after all, and things have got to stay interesting - so there might be a hint of an affair somewhere..."

Naomi arrives on screen in Australia later this month and will appear on Channel 5 in the UK from early April.

A Neighbours insider told Digital Spy: "The producers were keen to introduce an Izzy Hoyland-style character who would stir up life in the neighbourhood. Naomi has a lot of issues to work through with Sheila, but it'll be her attitude towards men and relationships that will really get people talking."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

SoapsJSK (13-03-2014), tammyy2j (05-03-2014)

I would say it will be Matt or Toadie

Neighbours' Sheila Canning will become suspicious of her daughter Naomi after she arrives unexpectedly.

As previously reported, Morgana O'Reilly has been cast in the role as Sheila's estranged daughter Naomi who will turn up in Ramsay Street hiding several secrets.

Sheila (Colette Mann) is delighted by Naomi's appearance and is desperate to repair their damaged relationship, but soon finds it increasingly difficult to stay out of her business, especially when she becomes concerned by her sudden interest in art dealers.

While confiding in Susan (Jackie Woodburne) over her doubts, Sheila reveals the reason why she believes Naomi hasn't contacted her in years - Naomi once had an affair with a married man and Sheila ended up contacting his wife.

Sheila later stumbles across Naomi's discarded sim card, but after she discovers her mum trying to reinstall the card to check up on her, Naomi is furious and accuses her mum of having learnt nothing from their previous fallout.

Desperate to make amends, Sheila later offers Naomi somewhere to stay until she gets her life back on track, to which she reluctantly agrees, but it is clear that Naomi is being far from honest with her mum.

It was previously reported that Naomi would test one of the show's established relationships after she sets her sights on another married man.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2vqL4nrh8

Also ahead on Neighbours, Sheila Canning's daughter Naomi arrives in Ramsay Street and moves in with her.

As previously announced, actress Morgana O'Reilly has been cast in the role of Naomi, who has a strained relationship with Sheila.

The tension between the two becomes palpable as Sheila soon becomes suspicious of her daughter's behaviour and doubts her sincerity.

Sheila's estranged daughter Naomi moves in
    © Channel 5
    Sheila's estranged daughter Naomi moves in

Despite desperately trying to stay out of her daughter's business, Sheila can't resist when she discovers Naomi's discarded sim card and tries to reinsert it into a phone but is caught out by a furious Naomi.

Desperate to build bridges with her daughter, Sheila offers her a place to stay until she sorts herself out and Naomi agrees to move in. But is she hiding something?

Naomi settles into Sheila's house
    © Channel 5
    Naomi settles into Sheila's house

Naomi and Kyle get to know each other
    © Channel 5
    Naomi and Kyle get to know each other

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, April 9 and Thursday, April 10 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours introduces a newcomer who's bound to stir up trouble on UK screens next week as Sheila Canning's estranged daughter Naomi descends on Ramsay Street.

Naomi hasn't spoken to Sheila (Colette Mann) for five years, but she turns up in Erinsborough unexpectedly in the hope of reconciling with her mother.

The arrival of Naomi won't just shake up life for Sheila, as the Street's newest resident has a history of affairs with married men and doesn't appear to have learned from her past mistakes…

Digital Spy recently chatted to Morgana O'Reilly, who plays Naomi, to hear all the gossip on her character's storylines in her first in-depth interview since joining the show.

How's it going at Neighbours so far?
    "It's been a blast! It's such a lovely community there at the studio. I get to be an actor every day! What more can I ask?"

What was the audition process like?
    "There were two rounds of auditions. My husband filmed the first one in our backyard in Sydney with birds chirping in the background. Then I was flown to Melbourne for the second round at the studio, with Colette Mann and Stefan Dennis. I was up against five absolutely beautiful other girls!

"But there was something from the minute I got my first audition that made me feel deep down in my guts that this role was mine. For one, Naomi is my grandmother's name and my middle name. Also, strange little signs kept popping up, like when I called the taxi to take me to the airport for the second round of auditions. I asked the operator, 'Can I have a taxi to Rainford Street please?', to which he replied 'Ramsay Street?' I paused. 'Ummmm. No. Rainford Street!'

"After a week of waiting for the answer, I finally got the call from my agent. At first, I took the news quite calmly. But as the days went by, the more people I told, the more glasses were toasted and the more excited I got - until I was happy dancing all the way to Melbourne!"

How would you describe Naomi?
    "Naomi likes the finer things in life. She's like a cat - if she had it her way, she would lie by a fire and be petted all day. She has a good heart, but sometimes the lengths she goes to in order to get what she wants are somewhat questionable. She can spin a situation to her benefit, but perhaps in the process dig herself into a hole, then have to fight like hell to get herself out.

"On top of all that, she is her mother's daughter. She has the Canning straight up, strength and vulgarity that her genes and upbringing have given her in spades. She's quirky but sophisticated, and at times petulant and silly. All in all, she is very, very fun to play."

Have you had much input into the character, or were you given quite a definitive brief from the producers?
    "It was pretty clear to me from the start who Naomi was - the audition scripts were great. She is often playing a few different tactics at any given moment. But I've also really enjoyed finding the 'funny' in her personality.

"Naomi was quite hard to pin down in regards to the way she looks. She has to have a sense of sass and sexuality about her, but she's not cheap and she has worked very hard to shake off her trashy past. So costume, make-up, producers and I all played a role in finding the limits and boundaries of all the aspects of her personality in the way she dresses, wears her hair and does her nails.

"What we've come up with is amazing. Some days I put my costume on for a scene and think, 'Oh Naomi, you're outrageous! I could never wear this! Oh well. Go get 'em girl!'"

It certainly sounds like Naomi is going to shake things up! How are you feeling about playing a character who behaves in such an extreme way?
    "It's the best! As an actor, it's so, so good exploring a character so different from yourself. To justify a person's actions and behaviour, without judgement, and have fun doing it is what it's all about."

Would you describe Naomi as a troublemaker, or is she a nice person deep down?
    "Nomes isn't a bad person. She is empathetic and caring, but she's impulsive, reactive and a bit spoilt. She must get her way, no matter what. So as you can imagine, this doesn't make for a very calm life. Trouble follows her around like a sycophantic puppy!"

Do you think the fans will like Naomi, or will she be a character we love to hate?
    "You know, I don't know! I really can't wait to find out! It could go either way. She could definitely be the character everyone loves to hate, or maybe people will see that she's a good girl on the inside and root for her to find happiness. You'll have to tell me…"

Why has Naomi got herself involved with married men? Does she enjoy the drama of messy relationships, or has she genuinely fallen for the guys in question?
    "Unfortunately, I think she has genuinely fallen in love with these guys. But like I said, she's spoilt and she doesn't back down from something she wants, so she fights for it. But she also associates 'the good life' as things unattainable. Maybe that adds to the appeal of an unavailable man."

Naomi's first scenes see her meet Paul Robinson at Charlie's. You must have been pleased that your first scenes were with the show's longest-running character!
    "Yes! Stefan is so much fun to work with. Sometimes I'd be sitting across from him waiting for 'action' and I'd have a flash of perspective on the situation. Little old me all dolled up as Naomi, sitting across the table from one of the most famous stars of Australian telly! How did this happen? He also gave me a bunch of tips on how to order my scripts and schedule when I started, which I'm still using! What a guy!"

We know that Naomi has a strained relationship with Sheila. What is the reason for their five-year feud?
    "I don't want to give away too much. But it has something to do with the fact that Naomi was involved with a married man and Sheila couldn't keep her nose out of it. Like most family feuds, they're both to blame in different ways, as well as being too much alike to deal with it sensibly.

"But they've both genuinely missed each other over the last five years - as much as they'd hate to admit it. It'll do them good to be back in each other's lives."

What has Colette Mann been like to work with?
    "I. Love. Colette. Mann. That is all!"

Not long after her arrival, Naomi starts working for Toadie and seems to have him in her sights! Could she cause problems for him and Sonya?
    "Naomi's taste in men is pretty predictable - she likes money, nice clothes and good food to come hand-in-hand with her relationships. But she finds something in Toadie that she hasn't found in a man before. He is a decent, lovely, caring man who makes her laugh. As we know, this is lady kryptonite. And remember, when Naomi wants something, she goes for it. You'll have to watch and see how it plays out!"

The official promo featuring your arrival warns that the locals should lock up their husbands. Would you be nervous of the reaction if Naomi broke up one of the show's much-loved couples?
    "Yeah. That's a wee bit scary. As I said, I'm unsure how the fans will respond to Naomi. I can only hope they will feel for her and have hope she finds her happiness without actually hurting anyone in the end. And as for me, I can only hope that no-one's too mean to me! Please be kind! I'm a nice girl really. Promise."

The description of Naomi is reminding us a little bit of Izzy Hoyland. Can you see her making lots of enemies in the same way Izzy did?
    "Hmmmm. I'm not sure - I wasn't watching Neighbours when Izzy was on. But I think Naomi could definitely make some enemies on Ramsay Street if she's not careful…"

Naomi's nephew Kyle heads away on an extended trip shortly after her arrival. Are you sad that you haven't had a chance to work much with Chris Milligan?
    "I love working with Chris! It was a shame I only had a short stint with him before he went away, but he's back on set again now and us Cannings are having good times."

James Mason recently told us that the producers are lining up a friendship between Naomi and Chris Pappas. Is this something you're looking forward to?
    "It's going to be so nice for Naomi to have a friend! Someone she isn't trying to pash! And Naomi loves men, so Chris Pappas is perfect! I hope Naomi will take him out dancing. Is there a nightclub in Erinsborough?"

Who have you made friends with on set?
    "You've got to know, everyone on set is wonderful! The cast and crew operating everything in front and behind the scenes are such good people! I feel I have inherited 100 new friends in my first three months. Truly - I spend most of the day laughing."

Neighbours' new producer Jason Herbison seems to have big plans for the show. Is it an exciting time to be joining?
    "There is a real buzz out there on Ramsay Street at the moment. The storylines are juicy and the actors are great. Jason is a hugely passionate force behind Neighbours. He has great energy and ideas for the future, but he's also just a Neighbours fan himself, so he know what the viewers want to see and who they want to see again, because he wants to see it too!"

How much have the producers told you about their long-term plans for Naomi?
    "I know a little of where she's headed, and from what I know it's pretty great. She'll get people talking, that's for sure. I hope you enjoy the ride!"

Also ahead on Neighbours, Naomi Canning takes her scheming to another level as she continues to pursue Toadie Rebecchi.

Naomi (Morgana O'Reilly) leaves her mother Sheila frustrated after she makes minimal effort while attending a Singles Night and goes home early.

It soon becomes clear that Naomi has an ulterior motive when she heads over to Toadie's house and reveals that a strange man followed her home.

Toadie (Ryan Moloney) instantly becomes very protective and walks her back, to Naom's delight and the pair share a hug on her doorstep.

However, once Toadie has left her, Naomi doesn't appear to be scared in the slightest. Did she make it all up?

Toadie walks Naomi home
    © Channel 5
    Toadie walks Naomi home

Naomi is pleased when Toadie hugs her
    © Channel 5
    Naomi is pleased when Toadie hugs her

Toadie offers Naomi some comfort
    © Channel 5
    Toadie offers Naomi some comfort

Naomi watches as Toadie leaves
    © Channel 5
    Naomi watches as Toadie leaves

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday, June 19 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours schemer Naomi Canning finally makes her move on Jarrod 'Toadie' Rebecchi later this month, leaving him stunned by her behaviour.

Naomi (Morgana O'Reilly) seizes an opportunity to seduce Toadie (Ryan Moloney) after his wife Sonya takes some time away from Erinsborough following problems in their marriage.

Keen to steal Sonya's place in Toadie's affections, Naomi pays a visit to his house and is delighted when he invites her to stay for dinner.

Toadie continues to get along well with his feisty employee, but when conversation turns to wrestling and Naomi demonstrates how to get out of one particular move, she lands on top of him.

Seeing this as her chance, Naomi lays a kiss on a shocked Toadie…

Naomi demonstrates a wrestling move
    © Channel 5
    Naomi demonstrates a wrestling move

Naomi kisses Toadie
    © Channel 5
    Naomi kisses Toadie

While Toadie doesn't respond to Naomi's advances, her no-nonsense mum Sheila (Colette Mann) will be furious when she finds out what happened.

In a huge argument between mother and daughter, tensions run high as Sheila informs Naomi that her selfishness led to her own father's fatal heart attack.

With Naomi left devastated that Sheila blames her for this, can they ever move on from such a harsh exchange of words?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, July 21, Tuesday, July 22 and Wednesday, July 23 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Can't stand Naomi.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kayuqtuq For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-07-2014)

Thread Information