Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebecca Fowler

Exclamation Rebecca Fowler

EastEnders bosses have today (December 19) confirmed the casting of Jasmine Armfield as Sonia Fowler's daughter Rebecca.

Rebecca will be with her mum when Sonia returns to Walford in the New Year.

The 13-year-old is a well-behaved teenager, but also has a determined streak and a reputation as "a little fighter".

An EastEnders statement explained: "A bright child who is passionate about music, Rebecca can play the guitar beautifully but is not someone who would blow her own trumpet.

"She wants to do well in life and make her parents proud, but it's this determination that will be the making or undoing of her."

Long-time EastEnders fans will remember that Sonia gave birth to Rebecca in 2000 on the living room floor when she didn't even know she was pregnant.

Rebecca's father is Martin Fowler (James Alexandrou), who was last seen on screen in 2007.

Armfield's first episode as Rebecca will air in January, when Sonia also returns to the show. Natalie Cassidy announced her EastEnders comeback as Sonia in October.

Speaking at the time, Cassidy commented: "After seven years being out of the show, apart from the odd episode, I am extremely excited and honoured to be making a full-time return.

"I feel so lucky as an actress to get back to my roots. With Dominic [Treadwell-Collins] as executive producer, it's such an exciting time for the show."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz2nw9Q4sqj

is she really tanned or half caste?

Either way, looking at that picture, it looks like very bad casting. Time will tell.

Last edited by danielle741; 02-01-2014 at 02:07.

Looking at the latest photo of Jasmie is totally different from the first one posted. If the actress in the first photo is being cast as Sonia's daughter Rebecca. Martin Fowler aint her daddy.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

They have changed the picture on that link I posted? So god knows who Jasmine is lol

The second one looks more like it could be her.

Yup I think the second one will be the one. Looks quite like Sonia when she was younger. The first one also looked too old to be Rebecca.

EE would probably like to do a story that Martin isn't her dad after all but it wouldn't fit; Sonia was a virgin before she slept with Martin.

EastEnders teen Rebecca Fowler will shock her parents next week when she unveils a surprising new look.

Sonia will be horrified when Rebecca (Jasmine Armfield) turns up at the Beales' house dressed as a goth.

The teenager's change in appearance follows a difficult few weeks for the Fowlers as Sonia desperately tries to get her relationship with her daughter back on track.

Rebecca reveals her new look
    © BBC
    Rebecca reveals her new look

When Martin reveals to Sonia that Ian has asked him to look after Cindy following some rebellious behaviour from her, Sonia isn't happy when he announces that Rebecca will be staying too.

Sonia is still hurt that Rebecca doesn't want to see her and is continuing to blank her calls, but is cut short when Martin receives a call and asks her to leave.

Later on, Sonia returns to visit Rebecca but is left in shock when her daughter arrives sporting a completely different look.

Sonia and Martin are horrified to see Rebecca's new look
    © BBC
    Sonia and Martin are horrified to see Rebecca

As the week goes on, Martin struggles to cope with Rebecca's behaviour, especially when she gets sent home from school.

Knowing he needs support, he finally gives in and asks Sonia for help. As Sonia comes up with an idea to get through to Rebecca, the pair return home together to talk to their daughter.

Feeling united with his ex-wife, Martin later reveals to Kush that he thinks it could work between them again. However, with Sonia getting closer to Tina, is he setting himself up for a fall?

EastEnders airs these scenes on Monday, March 16 on BBC One.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-03-2015)

Thread Information