Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sophie

Sophie

Steve Peacocke's long-term girlfriend Bridgette Sneddon is to join him on Home and Away.

Sneddon - who has dated the soap actor since they met at drama school eight years ago - has been cast as Summer Bay newcomer Sophie.

Logies 2013: Stephen Peacocke from Home and Away and girlfriend Bridgette Sneddon
    © PA Images / Paul Jeffers/AP
    Steve Peacocke and Bridgette Sneddon

Her character "does have a connection to the Bay which brings her back", reports the Herald Sun.

It is still unknown how much airtime Sneddon will share with her boyfriend - who has played Darryl 'Brax' Braxton since 2011.

The 28-year-old said that she is "thrilled" to be joining Peacocke on the soap.

She said: "It's been odd not seeing each other in the last three years after working together so much (during drama school). I've just seen how much he loves his job and loves going up to Palm Beach.

"If he could do this job for the rest of his life, he'd be a happy man. He's just excited I get to experience that and likewise, I'm thrilled to be doing it."

Sneddon admitted that she is keen to be known for more than just being the girlfriend of her famous partner, and added that the couple enjoy their privacy.

She continued: "I never wanted to just be known as someone's girlfriend. I wanted to make my own mark, and he's respected that.

"We're very private people and most people respect that. At the end of the day we are in this to be actors. It's where our love came from, it's not about being celebrities."

Peacocke recently insisted that he was happy to stay on Home and Away for the foreseeable future, despite landing a supporting role in Hollywood movie Herecules.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2msv2wyBS

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-12-2013), deadlydave2 (08-12-2013), lyndapym (19-07-2014), TaintedLove (08-12-2013)

Home and Away do it again with more beautiful actress's filling roles. I feel as if I should be paying some sort of subscription to be watching Home and Away episodes! lol

Home and Away star Steve Peacocke has revealed that he doesn't think he will be sharing any scenes with fiancée Bridgette Sneddon.

It was announced last year that Sneddon would be joining the cast as Summer Bay newcomer Sophie Taylor.

However, Peacocke, who has played Brax since 2011, has said that their characters won't be crossing paths anytime soon.

Speaking to the Australian Daily Telegraph, Peacocke said: "I've been on the show for three years or something now, and there's still people that I've never had a scene with.

"It looks like it is going to be that way with Bridgett's character and my character. They have different storylines."

Peacocke and Sneddon have been together since 2005, meeting while they were working together in drama school.

They became engaged in 2013, but the news has only just been officially confirmed by Peacocke.

Speaking about the happy news, Peacocke explained: "I just always thought it's better to keep all that kind of stuff private for us. It happened last year, so yeah, we are engaged."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (19-07-2014)

Home and Away newcomer Sophie is hiding a dark secret from former husband Nate Cooper that could rock their rekindled romance.

As previously reported, Nate will decide that he wants to give his relationship with Sophie another try, following her unexpected arrival in Summer Bay.

Although Sophie (Bridgette Sneddon) is initially reluctant about a reunion, she soon agrees and the pair go on their first official date at Angelo's.

However, it soon becomes apparent that Sophie is hiding a secret that will reveal more about Nate's past.

Kyle Pryor, who plays Nate, said to TV Week: "Sophie and Nate press each other's buttons and he can't deny his attraction to her. When Sophie came back into his life, those memories came flooding back.

"Sophie has a dark past and it'll reveal more about Nate's background and the reason for him coming back to the Bay in the first place."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (19-07-2014)

Home and Away's Sophie Taylor will collapse after overdosing on pills in an upcoming storyline.

The dramatic turn of events happens after Nate Cooper (Kyle Pryor) finally tells Sophie (Bridgette Sneddon) that their relationship is over.

Having previously caught Nate kissing Hannah, Sophie desperately tries to get her troubled marriage back on track.

After Ricky tells Nate to do the right thing and end things for good, Nate comes clean with Sophie and says their marriage is no longer working.

However, Nate is horrified to later find Sophie collapsed on the floor next to a bottle of empty pills and immediately rushes her to hospital.

Pryor told TV Week: "Part of him wants to stick by Sophie and make the marriage work. But Nate is resigned to the fact that it is just not going to work. They keep rehashing problems from the past."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (04-11-2014)

i've read she dies

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i've read she dies
    I wouldn't be averse to that happening, although it would be sad to see Nate wracked with guilt.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 05-11-2014 at 15:31. Reason: spelling

I thought she was going to get involved with a student like Matt as I thought they had a spark

i've read she dies
    Where did you read this?? Please credit the source.

i've read she dies
    Where did you read this?? Please credit the source.

Thread Information