Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Carter (Kellie Bright)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I was wondering whether she is pregnant again ... never thought of eating disorder but could be too now you mentioned it
    Does she have any history of eating disorders.
    The only one Ive known people have is
    anorexia and that was teenagers!!

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    Does she have any history of eating disorders.
    The only one Ive known people have is
    anorexia and that was teenagers!!
    There are different eating disorders and can affect people of all ages, they are mental disorders. I am not aware that Linda has had this before but the stress of her rape story could be behind her having developed it

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-12-2015), lizann (15-12-2015), maidmarian (15-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    There are different eating disorders and can affect people of all ages, they are mental disorders. I am not aware that Linda has had this before but the stress of her rape story could be behind her having developed it
    thanks very much for info Perdita.
    I did wonder if stress had contributed.
    People think eating disorders are obsessions
    about how you look and being slim- but
    much more complicated!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-12-2015), lizann (15-12-2015), Perdita (15-12-2015)

If they are going down the bulimia route, I hope it's done with sensitivity. As a former eating disorder sufferer for many, many years, I know they take over your whole life. Sufferers are literally struggling with obsessive and destructive thoughts about eating, purging (if bulimic), and their body shape every waking moment. It truly is mental torture and is among the most difficult mental health problems to treat.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 15-12-2015 at 17:17.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (15-12-2015), maidmarian (15-12-2015), parkerman (16-12-2015), Perdita (15-12-2015), tammyy2j (19-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    If they are going down the bulimia route, I hope it's done with sensitivity. As a former eating disorder sufferer for many, many years, I know they take over your whole life. Sufferers are literally struggling with obsessive and destructive thoughts about eating, purging (if bulimic), and their body shape every waking moment. It truly is mental torture and is amongst the most difficult mental health problem to treat.
    I am glad you are a former sufferer, well done on overcoming this, I know it must have been very difficult xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-12-2015), lizann (15-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    If they are going down the bulimia route, I hope it's done with sensitivity. As a former eating disorder sufferer for many, many years, I know they take over your whole life. Sufferers are literally struggling with obsessive and destructive thoughts about eating, purging (if bulimic), and their body shape every waking moment. It truly is mental torture and is amongst the most difficult mental health problem to treat.
    Im very sorry you had such a difficult time for
    so long Dazzle.
    I hope too they deal with it sensitively.
    I think they do try on Soaps to be accurate
    about health storylines but sometimes the
    reality.gets lost in the drama and the need
    not too let a story run too long!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-12-2015), Perdita (15-12-2015)

i think the stress of the wedding, baby ollie, nancy epilepsy, lee depression, johnny away and mick reunion with shirley, babe and elaine fighting are taking its toll on linda plus seeing dean everyday can't be easy

sorry to hear that daz, glad you are ok now

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-12-2015), maidmarian (15-12-2015), Perdita (15-12-2015), tammyy2j (19-12-2015)

i think the stress of the wedding, baby ollie, nancy epilepsy, lee depression, johnny away and mick reunion with shirley, babe and elaine fighting are taking its toll on linda plus seeing dean everyday can't be easy

sorry to hear that daz, glad you are ok now

I think she's worrying about how she looks regarding the wedding. It may be stress related such as stressing about how she looks cause if you remember around Halloween she was worrying about fitting in Halloween dress, or it could be a bulimia storyline but I kind of think lindas been through enough let her be happy!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Clairee For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Clairee View Post
    I think she's worrying about how she looks regarding the wedding. It may be stress related such as stressing about how she looks cause if you remember around Halloween she was worrying about fitting in Halloween dress, or it could be a bulimia storyline but I kind of think lindas been through enough let her be happy!
    I agree, I don't want to see Linda suffering further. However, if she's regularly making herself sick because she's worried about how she'll look in her wedding dress then it's almost certainly bulimia. As far as I'm aware, people don't make a habit of purging because they want to lose a bit of weight - unless it's a compulsion. It's too much of a thoroughly horrible experience. I think doing it once or twice would put most people off choosing to use it as a weight loss aid.

I'm still hoping for another explanation since we haven't seen any evidence of compulsive food behaviours.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 17-12-2015 at 01:54.

Thread Information