Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Carter (Kellie Bright)

does she lose the baby, kat pushes her or causes her to fall down the stairs

Linda Carter welcomes a new arrival to her family next week as she gives birth earlier than expected.

Linda goes into labour early after falling down the stairs at the Queen Vic following an argument with her partner Mick (Danny Dyer). Everyone is relieved when Linda gives birth to a healthy baby at the hospital, but fresh tension could be about to erupt within the Carter clan when Mick decides that he wants to know who the father is.

Here, Kellie Bright - who plays Linda - teases the big episodes in store for the Carters.

How is Linda feeling now that Dean is back on the Square?
    "Horrified - it's just her worst nightmare! I think she is trying her best to move on, but that's impossible when her attacker is there all the time in her face. I think it just makes it harder. I imagine it's one of the hardest things to get over anyway, but with his presence being so there - physically there in front of her - I think it makes it impossible for her."

How is Linda's relationship with Mick being affected?
    "I think they put a good front on, but actually underneath it all, things are quite strained. It's all come out and things have changed between them. I don't think that they're being as open with each other as they used to be. I think they try to protect each other from things, and in doing so they leave each other more isolated because they're not communicating. They're sort of brushing things aside.

"At the moment, I think that Linda's relationship with Mick is about trying to manage him and make sure he's okay. Even though this is something that happened to her, now I think she feels it's very much like Mick's burden that he's carrying. If anything, he's almost made it his grudge or his thing, and maybe that is the case because he feels so responsible for not having protected her and for not being there at the time.

"For Linda, I feel like she's dealt with a lot of stuff around it and wants to put it behind her. When she went to the police and told her family, that helped her to be free of it a little bit."

Would you say Mick is holding Linda back from moving on?
    "I don't think it's intentional, but I don't think they're in the best place. They can't be at the moment with all this going on. It's still so raw and present."

Why does Linda urge Mick to move on from the past next week?
    "I think that Linda is trying to move everything forward and accept what has happened. As far as she's concerned, she's feeling stronger. She went to see Dean and confronted him, and that has given her a little bit of herself back in a way. She instigated that and it was all about her and what she wanted to say to him.

"Linda is just trying to find a way of making this work now for everybody. Ultimately, she knows Mick inside out and deep down she knows he misses Shirley. She's just trying to make him happy. She's always trying to make him happy."

Why does Linda choose this moment to finally come clean about how she feels?
    "I think because it's another night of the same conversation that they've had again and again. Also, she's heavily pregnant now and in the back of her mind there will always be the niggling doubt that it could be Dean's. That's there for both of them and it's a massive elephant in the room.

"I think you've got to remember that when you're pregnant, you feel vulnerable and hormonal and all sorts of things. She's probably trying to think ahead to having a new baby around again for the first time in 20-odd years and wanting to get things to a good place before that happens - that's why I think she kind of brings it to a head."

Do you think Linda and Mick are avoiding talking about the issue of who the baby's father is?
    "Totally! It's burying your head in the sand, because where do you go with it? How do you start that conversation and how do you finish it? What do you do? Where does it go? It's an impossible conversation to have in a way."

We see Linda fall down the stairs at The Vic after an argument with Mick. How involved were you with the stunt?
    "I leant across the stairs, put my arms out and fell onto a crash mat! That's as involved as I got! I watched the stunt actor and it was incredible. I don't know how they do it!"

What was it like filming the birth scene once Linda has been rushed to hospital?
    "I loved it! I really enjoyed getting my teeth into it. I thought the scripts were brilliant. I love working with Danny and it gave us a chance to do some really lovely stuff together."

How do you think it'll be having a baby on set?
    "I don't know, actually! It's going to be interesting. It's a whole different ball game and wherever I am now, I'm pretty much always going to have a baby with me. Although the baby part doesn't bother me at all - it's the toddlers where it starts to get really interesting, because that's when you can't get them to sit in the same place. I imagine that it will be okay, though - we work in a good way and can accommodate any cries! I'm looking forward to having a baby to cuddle."

Once the baby has arrived, Mick wants to find out who the father is but Linda is more reluctant. Why is that?
    "I think she's scared that it might not be Mick's. She is just terrified! There's a scene at the hospital where they talk about what it would mean for them - it's her biggest fear. Now she's got her baby and she knows that's her baby, her priority is that baby. She will do whatever she has to do to be the mother of that baby.

"If Mick can't be part of that, it can only mean one thing for them and that is just devastating. So I think that is why she doesn't want to know, because she's just scared and terrified that it could be Dean's."

Do you think the baby will help bring the Carters back together?
    "No - this is EastEnders! There's bound to be more tensions and arguments and I can't ever see it being a bed of roses. It will be nice for us as a family unit I think, but with the extended family, it will probably just cause more trouble."

What have been your highlights of the last year?
    "Oh my gosh - there have been so many! I loved some of the more intense, heavier episodes - I've really enjoyed working on those. I have to single out Jennie Darnell, who directed the rape and Christmas scenes. I just loved working with her so much.

"I also really loved the day at the swimming pool when Mick did the swimming gala and we all jumped in the pool at the end. It was the longest day! It was so hot and the swimming pool was heated, so we were just melting! I can remember thinking, 'I so wanna jump in that pool' and we all did it and they didn't get the shot, so we all had to dry off and do it again! I look back at that as a really fond day, I loved that episode when it was on!

"There's so many highlights, though. This job has brought me so much - so many amazing things. I've made incredible friends for life. It just all feels like a highlight, really. I can't really single anything out."

How do you look back on the Live Week?
    "That was really great. It was good to be here and to be part of it - I really loved that. I had the live proposal scene, but compared to some of the others, I didn't have masses and I was quite grateful for that, as I think that I got to enjoy it as well. That was an amazing thing to be part of.

"I loved being part of Christmas too. For me, watching EastEnders on Christmas Day, there's something really special about it. I think of all the EastEnders Christmases I've watched over the years, like when I was a little girl, so that is a pretty incredible thing.

"I also really enjoyed an episode I did with Jessie, Linda and Tameka - the lock-in at the pub. I loved that episode, really loved it. Sometimes, you just get these gems. You couldn't do that all the time because you would have no life, you need weeks where you just come in to do a few scenes, but when you do get those scripts and you can really work on them, it's great."

Strictly Come Dancing star Kellie Bright has admitted that she will find it difficult mixing her training with her role on EastEnders.

Bright - who plays Linda Carter in the soap - joked that she will have a "weird glare" in a few weeks as the demands of both shows begin to take their toll.

Strictly Come Dancing: Who's whipping their top off? Who's throwing up with nerves? 18 secrets from the stars

"I'm going to take each day as it comes," she said. "I obviously watched Jake [Wood] do the same thing last year. The only good thing I can say is that [the EastEnders studio is] over the road so it's all in this little area, and I actually live quite close to here as well. I'm just going to be in Elstree really for the next few weeks!

"And I really wanted to do it. So I did know that it was going to be hard, and I will definitely have my moments of literally being like, 'I'm so exhausted, I'm so exhausted, I don't know what to do with myself'. But I think you just have to take it day by day, week by week. It's for a finite amount of time."

Bright added that Strictly will be very different to playing a character going through some very difficult times, saying: "To be fair, Linda Carter would love to be on Strictly Come Dancing, wouldn't she? Can you imagine it?

"I guess yes, it's nice to do the flipside, it's nice to do something that is going to be fun. It's a completely different thing, isn't it?

Linda also worries about the lighter
    © BBC

"But I will be doing the two together, don't forget that. So in my day job I'll be like [boo hoo] and by Saturday night I shall be whirling and glitzy and woo!"

Bright also joked that her co-star Danny Dyer had advised her not to do the show but added: "He's a massive support to me - he's one of my best friends. I know he'll be championing me.

"He's also quite nervous for me. I think he feels quite protective of me and I think he's a bit like, 'What if they say nasty things to you in the comments?' It's just like taking direction - they're only there trying to make you better. But he's like, 'I couldn't cope with that'."

Bright isn't the only contestant mixing two shows, as Helen George will be training for Strictly while filming Call the Midwife.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s104/...#ixzz3kloKf1Js

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (04-09-2015)

Viewers got their first glimpse of Linda Carter's (Kellie Bright) wedding dress in EastEnders on last night's (October 31) Strictly Come Dancing.

Bright's training video saw her professional partner Kevin Clifton visit her on set as she filmed the New Year's Day scenes.

Kellie Bright shares first look at Linda's wedding dress on Strictly Come Dancing
    © BBC

It also showed her on-screen partner Danny Dyer, who plays Mick Carter, looking dapper in a blue suit for the big day.

Last month, viewers saw Linda and Mick arrange the date for their wedding after EastEnders bosses had already teased a major storyline for the Carters on New Year's Day.

And as smooth as it looked to be going in the Strictly video, there's every chance that there will be trouble ahead, as executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins recently revealed that Dyer will be featuring in a water-based stunt in the episode.

He said last month: "There's a big resolution coming up in the New Year. Danny's been fitted for a wetsuit, he's going into some water, that's all I can say."

Meanwhile, Dyer was busy causing his own drama last night, getting involved in a Twitter spat with James Jordan.

digitalspy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (02-11-2015), tammyy2j (03-11-2015)

There’s not long to go before Queen Vic bosses Linda and Mick Carter make their marriage official by tying the knot.
    And in next week’s EastEnders Linda gets her girls together to celebrate her hen night, but it doesn’t quite go to plan.
    She’s upset when Sharon Mitchell makes an excuse not to go. However with Phil Mitchell’s harsh words playing on her mind, Sharon later surprises Linda with a nineties themed party at The Vic.
    As the party begins, Linda can see through Sharon’s facade and upstairs, demands to know the truth about what’s going on.
    After the pair have a heart-to-heart over everything that’s been going on, Sharon forces Linda back downstairs to her party and tells her she’ll wait upstairs.
    Surrounded by happy couples, Sharon makes a phonecall that could change the Mitchell’s forever

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-11-2015), maidmarian (18-11-2015), Rear window (25-11-2015)

so is she preggers again or eating disorder like bulimia

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dougie (15-12-2015), Rear window (15-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I was wondering whether she is pregnant again ... never thought of eating disorder but could be too now you mentioned it

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I was think bulimia also...

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I was wondering whether she is pregnant again ... never thought of eating disorder but could be too now you mentioned it
    My thoughts until I watched it was she was pregnant again - but eating disorder was an option after. No one with morning sickness can take that much time getting ready to be sick. It just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    My thoughts until I watched it was she was pregnant again - but eating disorder was an option after. No one with morning sickness can take that much time getting ready to be sick. It just happens.

Thread Information