Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Daniel Robinson

Missing Neighbours couple Daniel and Imogen? Watch them film their final scenes in this new video

The pair bowed out of the show in yesterday's episode.

Already missing Imogen Willis and Daniel Robinson in Neighbours? You can watch their final scenes all over again in this behind-the-scenes video.Tuesday's episode (April 26) saw the couple get their happy ending as they tied the knot and left Ramsay Street.

Their exits marked the end of their time on the show with Ariel Kaplan leaving her role as Imogen to pursue other projects, and Tim Phillipps being written out to coincide with this.

The video shows the pair filming the scene where Imogen and Daniel rode off into the sunset, while Phillipps talks about what he will miss most about working on the Aussie soap.

Phillipps and Kaplan both used Twitter yesterday to thank supportive fans after their final episode aired.

Phillipps admitted that he was "blown away" by their positive messages, while Kaplan spoke out about how much she would miss Imogen.It it's not all sad though, as the door has been left been left very open for the duo to return, with the show's producer J​ason Herbison​ saying that this was just the first chapter for them.​

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...his-new-video/
    Last edited by eni294; 27-04-2016 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    From what I've read, those contracts are weighted in the production team's favour, so if they decide to get rid of a character they can. I think the three year contracts are really just to keep the actors in the show for three years (or as long as the producers want them) rather than to guarantee them a job for three years. So that might be what's happened to Tim.

I'm annoyed because Daniel was a good character (at least until they made him boring) and Tim's a decent actor. He shouldn't have to leave just because his onscreen partner wants to go. So many of the younger characters see Neighbours as a stepping stone to Hollywood and depart as soon as they can, so to get rid of a popular young actor who doesn't want to leave is nonsensical.

Hi Dazzle

I came across the old interview with Tim that I have seen before where Tim says a year contract is not enough. (I highlighted both the beginning and the end where they mention about Tim's contract.)

On Paige's threads you were asking about my sources regarding Tim's two 1 years contract's on Neighbours.

Below is the very old interview/spoiler (24 July 2014) which confirms Tim was given initially 1 year contract . And at the end of another spoiler - (#12 posted by Perdita here) Tim confirms that he was given another 1 year contract but he was happy to stay even a lot longer.

Shall we take a stroll down a memory lane? ;) All of the 4 actors mentioned in that spoiler left Neighbours recently :

24 JULY 2014

Neighbours' Tim Phillipps on future with show: 'A year isn't enough'

Tim Phillipps chats to us about playing Daniel and his love triangle storyline.

Neighbours newcomer Daniel Robinson has a busy few weeks ahead on UK screens as his secret fling with Amber Turner will soon be exposed.

Daniel and Amber (Jenna Rosenow) have a lot of explaining to do after Josh Willis (Harley Bonner) catches them kissing, leaving him heartbroken over his girlfriend's betrayal.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Tim Phillipps, who plays Daniel, for an insight into the love triangle storyline and his future on Neighbours.

What kind of reaction have you seen from Neighbours fans since Daniel's debut?

"A really nice one! All of the Neighbours supporters are really great when it comes to the cast and the characters. I've definitely had a really warm response in terms of social media and fan mail. One of the main things we want as actors is to please the audience, so it's nice that there's been good feedback! I'm very happy with that."

Your main storyline so far has obviously been Daniel's feelings for Amber. Has that been a good one to start off with?"

"Absolutely, I think it is a good one to start off with because a love triangle is quite a big storyline. It's also quite relatable - love is something we all go through and experience, so I guess it's been the perfect story to enter in with."

Would you say the fans are rooting for Daniel and Amber, or are some people sad to see Amber and Josh in trouble?

"I guess the reaction's been somewhat mixed, but there's definitely been a lot of support for Daniel and Amber. I guess Josh and Amber have been going through a lot of trouble, and Josh has had a pretty rough six months, so the wheels are starting to come off in their relationship.

."Daniel is now there to be a really great option for Amber. I think the fans are happy for Amber to be involved in a relationship that's free, fresh, fun and loving."

What happens when Josh finds out what's been going on?"

" Josh busts Amber and Daniel in the dark room together, which is going against their plans - mind you, every step of the way things go against their plans! They wanted Amber to end things with Josh before anything happened between her and Daniel, but unfortunately there were hold-ups with telling Josh and they just couldn't help themselves.

"They just had to act on impulses, and in the end it catches up with them. It's shocking for Amber, and Daniel feels awful for her. He also feels bad about upsetting Josh."

Will there be a fight between Daniel and Josh?

"There is somewhat of a showdown as they confront each other. Daniel wants everything to be okay, but Josh comes to speak his mind.

"It's quite interesting because it's somewhat level-headed. I think young people with so much emotion don't always have a controlled conversation like they do, but underneath that, it's loaded with pain from Josh's end and compassion from Daniel's end. It's sort of fire meets water, so it's really interesting."

What happens between Daniel and Amber after that?

" They stay together throughout all of the fallout with Josh and the Willis family. I think they are so excited about the love they're in, but everyone around them thinks they're just being young and silly. It's kind of Daniel and Amber against the world at this point, but that brings them closer."

On a separate note, will Daniel be able to help his uncle Paul as he plunges further into depression?

"Daniel is going to try his hardest to support Paul through it, but it's a pretty tough ask. On some levels, Daniel rates himself as a little bit of a therapist to people, but this is something that's pretty extreme! It can also be difficult to help someone that's as fiery as Paul Robinson, so it's an interesting dynamic there.

"Daniel is trying his best to help but he can't actually fix this one, so he just tries to be as supportive as possible."

Some of the fans have noticed that Daniel shares a few similarities with Sonya! Would you like them to become friends?

"Yeah, absolutely. I guess they really are the two characters that are a bit on the hippy side! I haven't had all that much to do with Eve [Morey, who plays Sonya] just yet, but we did have a scene recently where we were both sitting and talking to Paul together. Physically we were both almost mirroring each other for the shot, so it looked like we had the same vibe going on.

"It'll be fun down the track for the storyline to explore that a little bit. From watching Eve's stuff, she's an amazing actress so it'd be amazing for me to be able to do more work with her."

Do you share any similarities with Daniel in real life?

"Yeah, I think so! On any job, I try to bring an aspect of my personality and flesh it out for that character. The loving side of Daniel I can relate to fairly well, and also that side of him that just wants everyone to be nice, friendly, happy and get along. Those are the qualities that I share with Daniel."

We're all eager to hear some gossip about the show's 30th anniversary plans! Have the producers told you anything yet?

"I had a meeting with the producers today and they said that they're going to tell us all soon enough! It was very frustrating - I really wanted to get the information out of them, but I couldn't find out! (Laughs.)

"I know that the 30th anniversary is such a massive, massive milestone so I have no doubt it'll be big. From what I've seen, the storylines in the last six months have been really interesting and well-crafted, so I'm really excited to see what we can do for the 30th anniversary. I think we can expect a lot."

We've read that you're on a one-year contract, but would you like to stay for longer than that?

"Yeah, I really would. Time flies and I can't believe I've already been filming for six months. I don't think another six months is going to be long enough for me to really get out from the show what I want to.

"I'd like to just keep honing in on my craft, practicing and trying different things - as well as enjoying life at the same time, because it's not often that an actor has a stable job! It may not happen again, so I want to really enjoy that for as long as I can, so I'm definitely keen to stick around for a while!"

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neig...oXMiEw8r0mfyK9
    Last edited by eni294; 01-05-2016 at 13:08.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-05-2016)

Thanks for that. I wonder why Tim was only given one year contracts when he's a better actor than some of those given three years?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

eni294 (01-05-2016), Perdita (01-05-2016)

From what I've read, those contracts are weighted in the production team's favour, so if they decide to get rid of a character they can. I think the three year contracts are really just to keep the actors in the show for three years (or as long as the producers want them) rather than to guarantee them a job for three years. So that might be what's happened to Tim.

I'm annoyed because Daniel was a good character (at least until they made him boring) and Tim's a decent actor. He shouldn't have to leave just because his onscreen partner wants to go. So many of the younger characters see Neighbours as a stepping stone to Hollywood and depart as soon as they can, so to get rid of a popular young actor who doesn't want to leave is nonsensical.
    Thanks for that. I wonder why Tim was only given one year contracts when he's a better actor than some of those given three years?
    I ask myself the same question. Especially that Tim was so keen on staying longer!

From what I read it seemed that at first he was happy with the 1 year contract but after working as Daniel for 6 months he kept mentioning it in his interviews that he was happy to stay much longer. Really shame he is gone!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eni294 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-05-2016), Ruffed_lemur (01-05-2016)

Thread Information