Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Robinson

Romance could finally be brewing between Daniel Robinson and Imogen Willis on Neighbours next month as they share a spontaneous kiss.

Imogen (Ariel Kaplan) has had strong feelings for Daniel for some time, but she will be thrown by his sudden change of heart about her.

The kiss comes as Imogen and Daniel (Tim Phillipps) find their friendship going from strength to strength when they enjoy a day out together at the local sanctuary.

Having been struggling in the wake of his split with Amber, Daniel is pleased to escape his troubles for a day and starts to see Imogen in a whole new light as they gently mock each other on their different perspectives on life.

Imogen and Daniel bond
    © Channel 5
    Imogen and Daniel bond

However, the conversation soon turns to Amber, with Imogen assuring Daniel that his sadness will soon pass and he will know what step to take next.

Following Imogen's words, Daniel feels a sudden moment of clarity and is certain the path he's meant to take is right in front of him, so he spontaneously kisses her.

Imogen and Daniel are both surprised following their moment of passion, but could this be the start of something more for the pair?

Daniel sees Imogen in a new light
    © Channel 5
    Daniel sees Imogen in a new light

Daniel makes a move on Imogen
    © Channel 5
    Daniel makes a move on Imogen

Imogen and Daniel kiss
    © Channel 5
    Imogen and Daniel kiss

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, August 3 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

He's usually the most upbeat guy in Erinsborough, but Neighbours star Tim Phillipps has teased that future storylines will explore a fiercer side to his character Daniel Robinson.

Life hasn't been easy for Daniel in recent months as his relationship with Amber Turner hit the rocks, but this paves the way for him to develop a new romance with Imogen Willis.

Speaking of his character's future, Phillipps told Inside Soap: "I'm really pleased with the storylines that are coming up for Daniel. He's always been such a bright and cheery character, but he's had knock after knock recently and he's finally reaching a point where he's standing up for himself.

"He's also about to get together with Imogen - there's a lot of love from the audience for those two!"

Phillipps was interviewed by the magazine to promote his nomination for Best Daytime Star at the Inside Soap Awards 2015.

The actor is up for the prize alongside his Neighbours castmates Jackie Woodburne (Susan), Olympia Valance (Paige) and Stefan Dennis (Paul), as well as stars from Home and Away and Doctors.

He added: "I've never been nominated for anything before. This is a first for me, so it's actually really exciting! I'm thoroughly enjoying my time here on Neighbours. It's great to be able to come into work and do what I love every day, and I'm really starting to feel comfortable in my surroundings here."

No love from me Tim LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer8 For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Summer8 View Post
    No love from me Tim LOL
    I've got plenty of love for Daniel and Imogen!

That disloyal wet rag Amber was nowhere near good enough for the lovely Daniel. I hope he and Imogen make it as a couple.

Congratulations to Tim for being nominated for best daytime star. I think he really deserves it. (Congrats to Jackie, Stefan and Olympia too.)
    Last edited by Dazzle; 05-08-2015 at 11:23.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (05-08-2015)

I wish soaps wouldn't give in to the majority of fans, like with this romance between Daniel and Imogen. Makes it so hard to believe.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (20-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I wish soaps wouldn't give in to the majority of fans, like with this romance between Daniel and Imogen. Makes it so hard to believe.
    I think since Daniel arrived he has had more chemistry and spark with Imogen than Amber imo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think since Daniel arrived he has had more chemistry and spark with Imogen than Amber imo
    The writers aren't giving into fans. Daniel and Imogen have obviously always been the end game.

When he first came to Erinsborough, it was Imogen who took an instant dislike to him (that old soap cliche of hate at first sight) but gradually grew to love him and has been devoted to him ever since.

Nobody has backed Daniel and Amber - not their families, friends, Madge and Harold, or even Amber herself (she's been ridiculously fickle and disloyal - remember how she took a break because she couldn't decide between Josh and Daniel, and then went back to the latter because he just happened to be in the right place at the right time? ).

She lost absolutely no time in being unfaithful to him after his very out-of-character disappearance. She didn't trust him one little bit. That is not the action of someone who's truly in love.

Paul's right that Daniel thinks every time he has feelings for someone they're "the one", and Amber is just another in a long line. Will Imogen be? Who knows, but I do know they've got a lot more chemistry than he and Amber. I am slightly worried it's a rebound thing on his part at the moment, but I'm hopeful he'll grow to truly love the woman who's been his rock through all his recent troubles.

I hardly ever feel so strongly about couples in soaps, particulary teens, but I've hated every moment of the Daniel and Amber relationship because she so obviously didn't deserve him.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 05-08-2015 at 15:54.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

hward (05-08-2015), lizann (05-08-2015), Perdita (05-08-2015), tammyy2j (05-08-2015)

I don't think Daniel and Imogen were the end game, it's just because Amber's leaving. Really loved Imogen with Daniel tbh. They seemed to have lots of fun together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I don't think Daniel and Imogen were the end game, it's just because Amber's leaving. Really loved Imogen with Daniel tbh. They seemed to have lots of fun together.

Amber is not leaving for a long while yet. Jenna finishes filming at the end of the year and will be on screen till March/April next year.

Down and out
    Daniel's desire to help people ends in disaster when he's knocked unconscious.

Desperate to give Off Air a radical edge, Daniel comes up with an idea to boost sales and create a point of difference. His charitable plan backfires when one customer takes things too far.

While Daniel (Tim Phillipps) is convinced a suspended coffee scheme is the way to go, Karl (Alan Fletcher) can't help but voice his frustrations about the idea.

"People come in and they order a hot beverage," Daniel explains. "They buy two - one for themselves and one for someone who can't afford it. We keep a tally of the hot beverages given and we mark them off as we hand them out!"

Karl thinks it's a bad idea. "I'm all for helping, as long as we don't suffer," he says to Daniel.

As Karl predicted, Daniel is not only giving away free beverages, he's handing out free grub to one patron who's down on his luck.

"Daniel, we can't afford to give away free food," Karl pleads.

Daniel replies, "Have you ever heard that saying 'Be the difference you want to see in the world?' Well, this is me putting my money where my mouth is."

When Daniel is locking up for the night, the homeless man he's been charitable towards viciously lashes out at him!

The vagrant misinterprets Daniel's friendly gesture and lashes out violently.

"Don't touch me!" he yells, before punching the unsuspecting young business owner hard in the face.

Realising what he's done, the homeless man quickly takes off, leaving poor Daniel alone and out cold on the floor of the cafe.

Will anyone come to his rescue?

In two weeks' time!
    The suspicion over Jimmy gets too much for stressed Steph, who reaches breaking point. Plus, Piper's (Mavournee Hazel) biggest secret is finally exposded!

Credit: Soap Extra 1st October 2015

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gillyH1981 For This Useful Post:

ILTPandN (01-10-2015)

Thread Information