Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Robinson

Neighbours' Daniel Robinson will attempt to rekindle his relationship with Amber Turner later this month after they hit the rocks.

The reconciliation attempt comes as Amber and Daniel both keep secrets from each other. While Daniel keeps quiet after Imogen attempts to kiss him, Amber also keeps Daniel in the dark after her ex-boyfriend Josh admits that he is still in love with her.

Daniel (Tim Phillips) will return from Queensland following some time away, but it is obvious that he hasn't recovered from his break-up with Amber (Jenna Rosenow).

After turning to Imogen Willis (Ariel Kaplan) for support, Daniel is full of praise for Paul for all the support he has given him through this difficult time.

However, Daniel is shocked when Imogen reveals that Paul has been up to no good with Gary Canning, and later finds himself going to Amber for comfort following a run-in with his uncle.

Deciding to take this opportunity to rekindle their romance, Daniel tries to kiss Amber but is devastated when she rebuffs his advances.

Daniel kisses Amber.

Amber rebuffs Daniel's advances.
    © Channel 5
    Amber rebuffs Daniel's advances.

Later, Imogen finds a despondent Daniel alone and supportively offers encouragement with his new bar venture, promising that she will help him.

While Imogen attempts to lighten the mood by jokingly reassuring Daniel that she won't kiss him again, they are mortified when they realise that a shocked Amber has overheard.

As an explosive argument soon ensues, a further secret is revealed - Josh is still pursuing Amber and she hasn't told Daniel...

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, January 21 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours continues to mark its 30th anniversary on UK screens this month with Daniel Robinson taking centre stage in the on-screen celebrations.

Daniel is preparing to marry his girlfriend Amber Turner (Jenna Rosenow), but disaster strikes when he gets stuck down a well with Imogen Willis on the day of the ceremony. Just prior to the incident, Daniel also learns that Imogen (Ariel Kaplan) has been secretly in love with him for a long time.

Here, Tim Phillipps - who plays Daniel - chats to Digital Spy about a potential romance for Daniel and Imogen, why he is backing that pairing, and how there is a darker plot ahead for his character.

How do you feel about being such a big part of the Neighbours anniversary with Daniel and Amber's wedding?
    "It's great. When I first joined Neighbours, I never considered being here for the 30th. It just didn't really register with me. Obviously they wanted a wedding to tie in with the episodes and that is what is happening. I only ever put pressure on myself as an actor to do a good job anyway."

The anniversary has seen lots of past characters return briefly. Has this created an excitement on set?
    "Yeah, although there were actually some people who I didn't see at all. Stefan and I worked with Paul Keane who plays Des Clarke, so that was good. Nell Feeney who plays Janelle was also great. Stephanie McIntosh (Sky Mangel) also did a Skype chat from LA too, so she didn't actually come over to Australia. It was really cool seeing some familiar faces and I watched it as a kid so it was just great."

You have been in the show for over a year now. Do you feel you have completely settled in?
    "It's funny because there is such a fast turnover at Neighbours and four or five people must have left in the time I have been here, as well as several new people joining. Apart from the four absolute veterans like Karl, Susan, Toadie and Paul, I am almost riding up the ranks now. Heaps of people are leaving soon as well, so us newer ones will be the top dogs. It is a bit like school where you rise up and all of a sudden you are in Year 12. It's cool."

Do you think Daniel and Amber are actually suited as a couple?
    "They got together whilst she was with someone else and I think any relationship that starts like that is destined not to work. I don't think that is a nice way to start a relationship with someone, so I think perhaps they aren't suited.

"Also, they are very easygoing people and I am not sure if that creates the best sparks. For instance, with Paige and Brennan, she is more the bad girl and he is the cop and that is a cool match. Whereas Amber is almost as airy fairy as Daniel and I don't know if that is the best. I think there has been a lot of love towards Daniel and Imogen and that makes more sense. She is so uptight and disciplined, but that is funny to Daniel and there is a more interesting dynamic there."

Would you like Daniel and Imogen to get together? And do you think it is likely that they could?
    "I would like them to because it is what audience seems to want and there is no point in denying that. I think it is likely - anything is likely on soaps. I think it could happen."

Do you find that fans are rooting for Daniel and Amber or Daniel and Imogen?
    "I don't tend to really look into anything - I just do the job. But the general impression I get is that people want Daniel and Imogen. I don't see much support for Daniel and Amber. I tend to see more of an Amber and Josh trend, and for a while I didn't like seeing that. I know people want to see Daniel with Imogen, but he is with Amber so it isn't the easiest thing to see fans rooting for Amber to be with another guy!"

Why do you think fans have not backed Amber and Daniel?
    "They are both romantic characters and I think that has put people off a bit because they are so 'lovey-dovey'. People just don't want to see that. They are watching a soap and these characters are so lovey-dovey with each other, especially after their tricky start. I just don't think their relationship hit the nail on the head."

Do you think Daniel and Amber rushed into getting married?
    "Yes I do. It was mainly because the producers wanted it to suit the timing of the 30th and so they had to accelerate that for us and we just had to play it. I think more of an ideal scenario for them would be if the 30th was in a year's time, but we rolled with it anyway."

What was it like filming the scenes where Daniel and Imogen are stuck down the well?
    "It was really great. They built a set for the well which was this really cool square and it meant they could actually put a camera on the fourth wall on and have the camera guy there with us. It was cool as it felt as if you were in this really small space. I was so glad I was working with Ariel Kaplan down there - she was awesome to work with.

"Ariel really gave it her all and the director of that plot was Scott Major, who used to play Lucas, and I have got to know him really well. When he was with us down the well, he spent so much time on the actors and where we were at emotionally so that was really nice. Sometimes it is in the nature of Neighbours to not work so much on the emotion with the director because there isn't time and normally we have it under control. But for this big, important plot, Scott was really hands on and it was awesome."

Can you tell us what happens while he is down in the well with Imogen?
    "Well Imogen obviously has these feelings for Daniel and they do discuss it down there. He finds out about it before they go down the well, but in true Daniel fashion, he just takes it on board and keeps on going. They discuss it more in the well but poor little Imogen gets let down gently yet again. He is distraught for Amber though and the idea of her thinking he has jilted her. It is eating away at him but they do eventually get discovered by Josh and get saved, so I do still have a job!"

Were you disappointed that Kylie and Jason didn't return for the 30th?
    "Not really because I didn't think they would. It would have been tricky for them. I understand because they have been out of the show for such a long time and they keep getting asked. It could have been one of those things where they went 'yeah, let's do it' and that would have been incredible, but I wasn't surprised as I never thought they would anyway. It would have been incredible but if they chose not to then that is totally fine."

Daniel will obviously have his parents missing at the wedding. How will that weave into the story?
    "It will weave into the story fairly seamlessly [laughs], but you can be the judge of that."

What was it like working closely with Ian Smith, who plays Harold?
    "Amazing. I don't know what the next two years have in store, but I know that will always be the highlight of my time there."

Harold is greeted by his friends and family
    © Channel 5
    Harold is greeted by his friends and family

Daniel is a really nice guy, but would you like to explore a darker side to him?
    "Yes I would and for the last few episodes I have filmed, we have been exploring a much darker side to him. This is very advanced for the UK but we are doing stuff at the moment where we find out that Daniel has a bullying past. This is really cool and it explains why he is so good now. He just decided one day that he doesn't want to be this guy because he saw how it was affecting people, so he became ultra good.

"The plan from my point of view is to try and meet somewhere in the middle and not always be so good and maybe have a bit of Paul Robinson in him. If it works, they said they would write more stuff for me like that, so we shall see."

There is a big tragedy coming up that will affect Amber. Will Daniel be able to support her?
    "Yes he will. He's a saint like that. He is very, very generous emotionally so he will be very supportive. But I think due to the nature of the soap, the producers and writers do listen to the audience and there is just such a demand for Daniel and Imogen to be together. Personally as an actor, I can't see how they wouldn't try and write that in."

As we speak, you are currently in the UK. Are you enjoying being over here?
    "It is my first time here and I love it. I could move here. It is a bit more special for fans when they see us over here as well. When they see us in Australia, it's one thing, but when they see us over here, it is a bit more of a surprise as we have come from Australia and they are shocked to see us."

Can you tell us how long are you planning to stay on the show?
    "Definitely for another year and then another year after that. I am more than happy here."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-03-2015), tammyy2j (23-03-2015)

the amber tragedy must be matt dying still don't want them married

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-03-2015), tammyy2j (23-03-2015)

Neighbours couple Daniel Robinson and Amber Turner will reach the end of the road after a romantic gesture puts the final nail in the coffin for their relationship.

Daniel (Tim Phillipps) and Amber once believed they were soulmates, but their romance has become strained since the revelation that Amber's ex-boyfriend Josh Willis is the father of her unborn baby.

When Daniel starts to miss the happier times he shared with Amber (Jenna Rosenow), he makes a last-ditch attempt to get things back on track by organising a grand gesture to impress her.

Daniel puts together a love-heart montage of all the good times they've had together in the past, but his efforts backfire when the photos only make them realise just how much things have changed in recent months.

Finally accepting that their relationship is broken and can't be repaired, Daniel and Amber shock their loved ones by deciding to cut their losses and split up.

A Neighbours insider teased: "The break-up could be good news for Willis twins Josh and Imogen, as they both still have strong feelings for Amber and Daniel respectively. Will either of them get the outcome they've been longing for?"

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and mid-July on Channel 5 in the UK.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (23-06-2015), Dazzle (23-06-2015), lizann (23-06-2015), Mirjam (22-06-2015), Ruffed_lemur (22-06-2015), Summer8 (23-06-2015)

This makes me sick.........

Quote Originally Posted by Summer8 View Post
    This makes me sick.........
    Bad luck Summer!

I'm hoping Daniel will grow to love Imogen now. I definitely don't want to see Josh and Amber reunite though!

imogen should make daniel chase and work hard to get her

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Bad luck Summer!

I'm hoping Daniel will grow to love Imogen now. I definitely don't want to see Josh and Amber reunite though!
    thanks ,,,, no way def not Josh and Amber, but I reckon thats whats going to happen

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer8 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Summer8 View Post
    no way def not Josh and Amber, but I reckon thats whats going to happen
    Yuck...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (25-06-2015)

Daniel Robinson will cut ties with Amber Turner in Neighbours' latest official trailer.

The couple's whirlwind romance will reach the end of the road after they finally accept that their relationship is broken beyond repair. Hit play below to watch Neighbours' newest promo:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...ph0hNU1zrHZs1z

Daniel's new single status will leave fans to speculate whether Imogen Willis could finally get her wish, and the trailer shows the pair growing even closer.

Tyler Brennan's troubles will feature prominently in the preview too, as his older brother Mark disowns him when he learns all about the criminal activity that Tyler has been involved in recent months.

Paige's 21st birthday celebrations will also take a surprising turn when her adoptive mother Mary turns up unannounced.

Mary will be played by Real Housewives of Melbourne star Gina Liano, and her appearance will leave Paige with some thinking to do as they begin to delve into their past.

Neighbours airs these episodes this week on Eleven in Australia and in a fortnight's time on Channel 5 in the UK.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-06-2015), Summer8 (30-06-2015)

Thread Information