Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Robinson

Exclamation Daniel Robinson

Neighbours is planning to introduce the son of iconic couple Scott and Charlene Robinson, who were played by Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue.

Daniel Robinson has been referred to in episodes over the years, but has never been seen on screen. The character, now in his early 20s, will return to Erinsborough next year to see where his parents fell in love.

Neighbours' series producer Jason Herbison said: "Charlene and Scott are the quintessential love story who have the happy ending. More than 25 years on, they are still remembered worldwide.

"It is fantastic that we can re-open this chapter of Neighbours' history for a new generation of viewers."

Daniel will be introduced to his uncle Paul, played by Stefan Dennis - the only remaining cast member to have appeared on screen with Minogue and Donovan.

Dennis joked: "It really is a significant piece of Neighbours' colourful past and let's face it, the kid could not have come from a better gene pool."

Minogue and Donovan appeared on the soap from 1986 to 1989.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Louisa Marshall (02-12-2013), scuzziemoo (03-12-2013), tammyy2j (02-12-2013)

Neighbours producer Jason Herbison has revealed that the ongoing process to find someone to play Scott and Charlene's son has become the "biggest casting call in years".

It was announced last year that the show was planning to introduce Daniel Robinson, the now adult son of the couple.

Speaking to TV Week, Herbison said: "We are in the middle of our biggest casting call in years to try to find the actor. We are looking at all kind of possibilities.

"Since it was announced, we've been approached by so many actors wanting to be in the mix. There is a chance it might be someone we have already seen. But I don't think we will go with someone who already has a huge profile. At this stage, we are looking for that young, up-and-coming star of tomorrow."

Herbison also admitted that introducing the character is a huge risk, but believes that now is the right time as the show heads towards its 30th anniversary.

He said: "We don't know a great deal about him. When it came to us deciding to bring in the character, we felt we were in a position to start with a blank canvas. Timing is everything. Daniel will arrive at a time when his uncle Paul needs someone in his life.

"We also felt it was a nice thing considering we are heading to our 30th anniversary. So, it would be good to bring in a character who has a connection to Scott and Charlene."

Scott and Charlene were played by Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue between 1986 and 1989.

Neighbours bosses have confirmed the airdate for Daniel Robinson's first episode.

Daniel, who is the son of iconic Ramsay Street couple Scott and Charlene Robinson, will first appear on screen in Australia on Tuesday, April 29.

As episodes on Channel 5 are currently airing two weeks behind the Australian broadcasts, UK fans will get their first glimpse of Daniel on Tuesday, May 13.

Show chiefs haven't announced the actor who is playing Daniel as they are planning an on-air reveal when the episode airs in Australia.

Daniel is now in his early 20s and visits Erinsborough to see where his parents fell in love. His first scenes see him meet his uncle Paul Robinson, played by Stefan Dennis.

Neighbours producer Jason Herbison said last year: "Charlene and Scott are the quintessential love story who have the happy ending. More than 25 years on, they are still remembered worldwide.

"It is fantastic that we can re-open this chapter of Neighbours' history for a new generation of viewers."

Scott and Charlene were played by Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue in the 1980s.

Actor Tim Phillipps has been cast as Scott and Charlene Robinson's son Daniel in Neighbours.

Phillipps will first appear on screen in Australia on Tuesday, April 29. The same episode will be shown two weeks later on Tuesday, May 13 in the UK.

Tim Phillipps, Daniel Robinson in Neighbours
    © Getty Images
    Tim Phillipps
    Described as a "happy-go-lucky, hippie-at-heart nature boy", Daniel Robinson will drop in on his uncle Paul (Stefan Dennis) during a road trip south, according to The Australian.

"He's not coming in with dark secrets, he's not coming in with baggage, he's just happy to be alive and soaking up life," Phillipps explained.

"He sees everything in a really positive way and it's really nice doing that every day because that flows into your real life as well. You can carry that attitude home."

The 26-year-old actor appeared on the show back in 2007 as a figment of Paul's imagination following a brain tumour.

Scott and Charlene were played by Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue in the 1980s.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (20-04-2014)

Yes he could be their son, does look the part

Neighbours star Tim Phillipps has revealed that his character Daniel Robinson will be "light" and "positive".

Australian viewers have been introduced to Daniel this week when he turned up in Erinsborough in search of Paul, who is his uncle. He will be seen on UK screens from early May.

Daniel is the son of iconic couple Scott and Charlene and has joined the soap as a new regular character.

Speaking on Light FM radio with presenters Lucy and Kel, Phillips revealed that Daniel will be a good influence on Paul.

When asked if his character would be a 'bad boy', Phillips said: "No, quite the opposite. The idea was for him to come in and be light and positive and hopefully the storylines are similar to that.

"He is trying to be a good influence on old uncle Paul and that sort of thing."

Viewers know that Paul (Stefan Dennis) has faced a difficult time in recent weeks after his niece Kate Ramsay was shot dead.

Dennis recently revealed that he was closely involved in the casting process for the role of Daniel.

Neighbours newcomer Daniel Robinson arrives in Erinsborough on UK screens later this month, leaving his uncle Paul delighted.

As previously reported, actor Tim Phillipps has been cast in the role of Scott and Charlene's son.

The story kicks off when Imogen Willis becomes concerned over a young man camping by the lake at Lassiters in the same place that Kate Ramsay died last month.

Imogen (Ariel Kaplan) is left mortified over the situation after heading to the lake with Brennan, so she enlists Paul to help get rid of the camper.

However, when Paul (Stefan Dennis) discovers that the camper is actually his nephew Daniel, he is thrilled and quickly welcomes him into his home.wswill take care of his son, it soon becomes apparent that Daniel has made his own pledge with his mum Charlene...

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, May 13 and Wednesday, May 14 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours welcomes Scott and Charlene's son to the cast on UK screens next week as Daniel Robinson turns up in Erinsborough unexpectedly.

Fun-loving and care-free, Daniel is an instant hit with many of the locals but there could be drama to come as he develops feelings for Amber Turner and constantly rubs Imogen Willis up the wrong way.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Tim Phillipps, who plays Daniel, to hear what's ahead for his character.

How's it been going at Neighbours?
    "Fantastic - I'm loving it. I have been there about three months now."

We've heard that you worked with Stefan Dennis in the casting process for the role of Daniel. What was that like?
    "The whole process was really nice. When I was actually approached about the role, I had done a self-tape from Sydney which I sent out to Melbourne. I was on my way home at Christmas and by the time I had landed in Adelaide, they asked me to come to Melbourne to meet the producers and do a chemistry read with Stefan Dennis.

"A couple of days later, I was offered the role. So for me, it all happened really quickly."

What has it been like working so closely with Stefan?
    "It's been fantastic. I worked with him in Neighbours before about six or seven years ago. Working with him again now is really awesome because before, I only had seven episodes and it was my first acting job ever. It is so nice to be able to work with him all these years later, day in and day out. We can really relax into the relationship and do some good work together."

What memories do you have of your previous Neighbours stint as Fox?
    "Really fond ones. Again, I was working with Stefan and he is so great to work with. It was my first job ever, and it was an absolutely mind-blowing experience to know that I was going to be on Neighbours - a show that I was still a big fan of and currently watching. It was a real buzz."

How would you describe Daniel?
    "He is a laid-back surfer dude who is a bit of a hippy as well. He is easy-going, care-free and positive."

The mystery camper is Paul's nephew Daniel Robinson.
    © Channel 5
    Paul and Daniel are reunited

What is his relationship like with Paul?
    "It's a really good one and there is a lot of family love. Paul is really excited to have Daniel in town and Daniel is really pumped to be seeing Paul.

"I think Daniel is really happy to just be settled for a while because he is road-tripping. Paul has been grieving over Kate's death, so they are a really good match for each other right now. Their relationship is really strong."

Do you think Daniel can help Paul with his grief for Kate?
    "Yes, that is his intention. He will definitely try to help Paul with his grief. He also wants to help Paul become a better person because in Daniel's eyes, he is a bit nasty to people which he thinks is unnecessary."

Daniel starts working at Lassiter's. Is this something he enjoys, or is he just doing it to please Paul?
    "He is just doing it to please Paul. Daniel will always pick up shifts here and there while he is travelling just to pay his way, but the Lassiter's job is more to keep Paul happy. He doesn't like the job, he doesn't like the uniform and he doesn't like the restriction. He is too care-free to work somewhere like that."

What is coming up for him and Amber? We know he develops feelings for her, but is there a chance those could be returned?
    "I knew Digital Spy was going to ask me this because I've been reading your articles! Daniel is very loving towards everybody and him and Amber share a passion for photography so they spend a lot of time together. There is a really nice friendship going on there and a really nice bond."

Could this cause tension with Josh as a result?
    "It does cause tension with Josh and that comes up relatively soon when they start hanging out. I think Daniel is able to put Josh at ease, though. Josh is obviously keen to keep Amber and he is going to be disappointed and annoyed if someone is trying to make a move on her. So I think Daniel really puts him at ease with his intentions and feelings towards her."

There is also a spark between Daniel and Imogen. Could this go anywhere?
    "Something could happen there. Imogen gets into twists and gets very worked up about things and Daniel just doesn't get it. He finds it really funny and thinks that Imogen is super sweet. He doesn't get why she finds stuff so frustrating, but he really loves that about her as well."

How does it feel to be playing the son of two of Neighbours' most iconic characters? Do you hope Kylie or Jason could come back?
    "It's awesome. It's really, really cool. It is so nice to be a Robinson because they are the longest-running last name on that show and it's so nice to be put into that umbrella of characters. It's also awesome to be the son of two of the biggest names in Neighbours. It's a real privilege to be a Robinson and to be Scott and Charlene's son. I would love Kylie and Jason to come back."

Have the producers told you much about their long-term plans for Daniel?
    "Yeah, it sounds like there are some really cool things coming up. For Daniel, his biggest qualities are also his biggest downfalls. He is so loving and he can become head over heels for people so I think more details about him, his relationships and past are going to come to the surface. I am not really sure what they have planned at the moment, but I am excited to find out what his backstory really is."

You worked in the US before joining Neighbours. How was that experience?
    "It was really good. I was fortunate enough to work on a range of different things from movies, to network television, to a video game."

How does it feel to be back working in Australia again?
    "I'm really happy. I was pleased to come home for a while just to absorb my home life and to be back with the footy, family and friends and all those things that make up who you are.

"I was so keen to come home and before I had even landed in my home town, I already had a trip booked to Melbourne to meet the producers of Neighbours. Before I had even settled back down in Australia, I was already fortunate enough to get this role so it really was a great time of year."

Read more Neighbours spoilers and news

Neighbours airs Daniel's first scenes on Tuesday, May 13 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Also ahead on Ramsay Street, young couple Amber Turner and Daniel Robinson take drastic measures to be together after their families continue to object to their engagement.

Still struggling with their own issues, Matt and Lauren realise they need to form a united front in order to dissuade Amber (Jenna Rosenow) and Daniel (Tim Phillipps) from their marriage plans.

However, the discussion is quickly derailed when Amber realises that her parents are faking their interest in her wedding plans so they can talk her out of it.

Amber is quick to point out their hypocrisy, pointing out that Matt proposed to Lauren almost as soon as he met her - before telling her parents she is moving into the penthouse with Daniel.

Concerned about their daughter, Lauren and Matt speak to Paul who later confronts the couple, telling Amber that she can't move in.

Daniel is furious by Paul's treatment of Amber, telling his uncle that he and Amber will be together forever.

Affirming his point, Daniel and Amber decide to address the tension around where they will live by moving into Daniel's car together.

As Daniel and Amber happily tell each other as long as they are together it doesn't matter where they live, their families are forced to face up to the fact that they might have pushed them too far...

Daniel and Amber camp at the lake to be together
    © Channel 5
    Daniel and Amber camp at the lake to be together

Daniel and Amber talk about their futures
    © Channel 5
    Daniel and Amber talk about their futures

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, October 14 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Trouble in paradise
    Amber and Daniel's engagement faces a new test as his ex-girlfriend arrives in Erinsborough.

Amber and Daniel might have survived the terrifying tornado but a new storm is brewing in the form of Daniel’s ex-girlfriend, Rain. Played by gorgeous newcomer Airlie Dodds, Rain is fun, vivacious and charismatic – and she’s about to wreak havoc on Daniel (Tim Phillipps) and Amber’s (Jenna Rosenow) blissfully happy relationship.

Rain arrives in Erinsborough temporarily homeless, after the community where she and Daniel used to live together, Eden, has shut down. So Rain is looking for a site to establish New Eden and Erinsborough looks like the perfect place to do it.

On the surface, Rain is a pleasant and likable person but her manipulative streak soon comes to the fore. Despite Daniel’s claims that he and Rain are past history, it’s quite clear that Rain still has a strong hold over her former love.

“She is a shades of grey character because some of her actions are quite justified but then others are so wrong,” Dodds explains. Rain is Airlie’s first major television role and she couldn’t be more chuffed to be working with the Neighbours cast, in particular Stefan Dennis (Paul). “Stefan has been very reassuring and encouraging, particularly in scenes where my character takes him on,” Dodds says.

While Daniel is seemingly powerless to resist Rain’s charms, Amber is very wary of the newcomer. If Rain thinks she can just waltz back into Daniel’s life and lure him away from Amber, she’s got a nasty surprise coming her way.

Source: TV Soap 23rd October 2014

Thread Information