Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Luke

Coronation Street mechanic Luke Britton becomes a knight in shining armour for Maria Connor in an upcoming episode.

Dean Fagan and Samia Ghadie, who play Luke and Maria, were spotted filming scenes together on location this week ahead of an upcoming romance storyline for their characters.

It's thought that Maria and Luke land themselves in bother after the owner of a car they were viewing falls ill and goes to hospital along with the car keys.

With the pair stranded on a country lane, Luke shows his chivalrous side by picking up Maria and carrying her off on his back.

Show bosses have confirmed that Luke and Maria will soon start dating, but it remains to be seen whether it's this incident which brings them together.

Dean Fagan as Luke Britton and Samia Ghadie as Maria Connor on the set of Coronation Street
    © Rex Features / McPix Ltd
    Dean Fagan & Samia Ghadie filming on location

Dean Fagan as Luke Britton and Samia Ghadie as Maria Connor on the set of Coronation Street
    © Rex Features / McPix Ltd
    Dean Fagan & Samia Ghadie filming on location

Luke has already made his mark on the cobbles following a brief flirtation with Carla Barlow and a short-lived fling with Katy Armstrong, so could he now spark some happier times for unlucky-in-love Maria?

Coronation Street airs these scenes later in the year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (23-09-2014)

Coronation Street star Dean Fagan has signed a new contract which will keep him on the cobbles for at least another year.

The actor has been appearing on screen as mechanic Luke Britton since March 2014.

Coronation Street actor Dean Fagan
    © ITV
    Coronation Street actor Dean Fagan

Viewers can expect the show to further explore Luke's blossoming relationship with Maria Connor over the coming months.

Luke will also no doubt become embroiled in his sister Steph's dramas as she continues to date impostor Andy Carver, who is pretending to be Michael Rodwell's son Gavin.

Speaking to Digital Spy this week, Fagan revealed: "I signed for another year a couple of months ago, so I'll be around until at least this December and hopefully people will like what I'm doing!

"I'm a lot more settled in now than when I first started. Everyone is still lovely and I'm getting more serious storylines. It's nice and comfortable now.

"I think we're going to go deeper into the Luke and Maria relationship, although it never quite works out on the day! Every time they go out, something drastic happens!"

Maria invites Luke back to her flat
    © ITV
    Luke and Maria

Confirming that Luke will want to shield Steph from any trouble with Andy, he continued: "I can't say much about what's coming up, but Luke is very protective over Steph and it looks like 'Gavin' is a naughty boy who's there under false pretences. He doesn't seem quite normal!

"I think Luke is very good at sensing a character. He sees that something isn't quite right."

Fagan also heaped praise on his on-screen love interest Samia Ghadie, who plays the role of Maria.

He said: "Samia is absolutely fantastic and one of the most lovely ladies I've had the privilege of working with. She's very nice, easygoing and easy to talk to, but she also gets the work done and she's very professional.

"It's good to see Maria calling the shots in the relationship with Luke, because I think he possibly needs that a little bit! He needs reining in! The chemistry is nice at the minute because Maria is dominating and I think Luke kind of likes that."

Coronation Street mechanic Luke Britton is about to learn that getting romantically involved with Tracy Barlow is never straightforward.

As the unlikely pair continue to enjoy a casual fling, poor Luke is flummoxed when Tracy (Kate Ford) begs him to come along to Number 1 for tea with her family. Why, you ask? Well, it's all for the benefit of her daughter Amy, who's seen them kissing and wants to know more about her mum's new "boyfriend".

Could this be the start of Luke and Tracy's romance turning more serious? Digital Spy recently caught up with Dean Fagan, who plays Luke, to hear more.

What was your first reaction when you heard that Luke would get involved with Tracy Barlow?

"Shock! I wondered: 'How is this going to work?' But I was also quite eager, because I think they're a good pairing. Kate Ford is also a lovely person to work with. I was looking forward most to working with her as a person, and I was excited to see what we could both bring to the table."

How would you describe Luke's feelings for Tracy?

"I think Luke is quite smitten and he likes the danger. There's something that excites him about Tracy. There's something underlying there – he can sense it, but he doesn't quite know what it is. He just loves the excitement of it all."

It's very casual at the moment, but would you like it to become a more serious relationship?

"Absolutely yeah, because it just opens everything up. Tracy Barlow is quite a flamboyant character and she gets involved in lots of storylines and gets on everybody's nerves. It'll be interesting to see how Luke copes with the backlash of all that, while still trying to be with her."

How does Luke feel when Tracy wants him to come over and have tea at Number 1?

"He's apprehensive. I don't think he knows he's supposed to be Tracy's "boyfriend" until the last second. He's just going with the flow and trying to take everything in his stride. But he's going in with an open mind, I think."

Amy is trying to check whether Luke is a good enough boyfriend for Tracy, isn't she?

"Yeah, but I think Luke's had this type of thing before, so it's something he can quite comfortably deal with. It was great to work with Elle, who plays Amy. She's a lovely girl and a great actress.

"Elle was also very hard-working, actually. She was much more hard-working than me and Kate were! (Laughs.) She came on, had all of her lines learned and just got straight to it. She's brilliant."

Would you like to see more of Luke with the reunited Barlows?

"Yeah, absolutely. It's going down that sort of route anyway, so we'll see what sort of interesting things can happen. Each Barlow character is very different.

"It'd be intriguing to see where things could go with Adam in particular. He's a very interesting character to be doing certain things with, so we'd see how that goes. I think those two characters would get on quite well, because Adam is quite a boyish person. They'd have a craic together, have a drink together and we could see what stories come out of that."

Does Luke get involved much with Phelan's attack storyline this week?

"Luke doesn't know that Andy was the attacker, so he's very in the dark about it. The attack is something that Andy has done quite off the cuff, so very little is known about it. Even Steph doesn't know much about it at the time, so Luke is definitely none the wiser."

With Kevin potentially in the frame, does Luke suspect him?

"I think so, although Luke doesn't want to delve too deep into it. He also hasn't had any interactions with Phelan so far, so he doesn't think about it too much at the moment. Luke has just seen Phelan walking around and seeming a bit iffy, but that's as far as it goes.

"We'll see what happens, though. Obviously Phelan is interacting with Andy more at the moment and that's entering into Luke's territory. Once that happens, we'll see how it goes when it all comes out in the wash..."

What are the plans for Luke next year?

"I have absolutely no idea. I think the writers are in conference now, and they usually tell us what's happening on a month-to-month basis. You get the scripts, you read them through and you go: 'Oh, so that's what happens'.

"I like to stay in the dark about it. I don't like to pry too much into future storylines, but I'm sure there'll be more from Luke and Tracy.

"Kate Oates is a great producer. You feel like you're in safe hands with her, so you leave her and the whole team to it. You can trust there is great material coming along and then you have the privilege to play it out."

Would you like to delve deeper into Luke and Steph's backstory?

"Yeah, I think we've just scraped the surface with what Steph and Luke can offer, in terms of backstory and parents. We're both mixed race, and to me, mixed race people aren't represented enough or properly on TV.

"I think it'd be interesting for Corrie to delve into the dynamics of the two cultures. A lot of comedy could even be found in that and a lot of conflict as well. I think it'd be very interesting to delve into that.

"I do think Luke and Steph are quite an interesting pairing. They're essentially quite different, so it'd be interesting to see why Luke acts one way and she acts the other way. We could explore that dynamic a little bit."

What are your plans for the Christmas break?

"Apart from going out and partying? (Laughs.) Just spending a lot of time with the family. I think we've got dinner at our house this year, so it's going to be a busy Christmas Day. I'll see friends and family, see the sights, go to see some Christmas lights, and do some shopping. I like to take it step by step at Christmas time, I don't want to get too stressed about it."

Is there anything you're really hoping to see under the tree on Christmas Day?

"I think a good pair of slippers, I've lost all of mine. That or a PlayStation 4. I used to play a lot of PlayStation 2, so I'd like to see what's out there in the gaming world, vegetate and play some good RPGs."

Digital Spy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-12-2016)

Poor Luke Britton is going to find himself in hot water later this month when he’s accused of grooming Coronation Street teenager Bethany Platt.
    Soap fans will know that the schoolgirl has developed a crush on Gary Windass, despite his relationship with her mum, Sarah.
    In the build up to Christmas Bethany will decide to make a move on Gary and ends up in a hotel room ready to have sex with him. Her plan doesn’t work and she’s left humiliated as Faye Windass threatens to expose her crush, prompting Bethany to disappear from the cobbles, but not before Luke provides a friendly shoulder to cry on.
    Realising that Bethany’s missing, Sarah starts to panic and Gary heads out to find her, but after a fruitless search for Bethany, Sarah tells Gary she’s phoning the police
    The police question Sarah about Bethany’s disappearance and when Gary reveals that Bethany’s become involved with an older man - a story Faye spun to put pressure on her - Sarah’s horrified.
    Norris Cole reveals he saw Bethany on Maxine’s bench and Luke had his arm round her. Appalled, Gary confronts Luke and accuses him of grooming Bethany. Luke furiously denies it whilst Faye listens with alarm at the chaos she has caused.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (17-12-2016), swmc66 (17-12-2016)

Coronation Street's Luke Britton is going nowhere
    Coronation Street's Luke Britton might be the victim of an accident at work - you know, the kind that all those adverts want you to claim for - but despite the traumatic scenes, it's becoming pretty clear that the incident won't be fatal.
    Especially considering actor Dean Fagan had signed a new contract that locks him into another year on the soap.
    Speaking to The Daily Star, Dean revealed: "I'm here for another year and I'm really happy. I've been getting some great storylines and I am very thankful."
    And despite his on-screen sister Steph (Tisha Merry) bowing out of the show last year, it looks like the bosses have chosen to keep Luke around, making us wonder what else they're planning for the character, especially after his upcoming accident.
    Luke finds himself in a life-threatening situation when he's trapped beneath a car he's working on in the garage, and despite being rescued by Tracy and Adam, he's understandably shaken up by the injury.
    After his painful accident, Luke's girlfriend Tracy Barlow will try to convince him to file a lawsuit against boss Kevin Webster using nephew Adam's handy new injury claims business to make some cash from the incident.
    Despite Kevin openly admitting that the accident was his fault, he can't really afford to be sued right now - a fact that Adam is more than happy to take advantage of when he tries to convince Kevin's recently returned daughter Rosie to go on a date with him to avoid the lawsuit.
    And, speaking of the accident, Dean also admitted that it was "a little bit scary" to film.
    "But my dad's a mechanic," he added, "and ever since I was young I've always been under cars with him in slightly precarious situations."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2017)

Where is he gone, did the police talk to him about Tracy's alibi?

Steph's, I think. The police were on their way to speak to him when someone informed them where he'd gone.

They went to speak to Tracy as I recall but then got suspicious of Amy.

he told adam he is just back from portugal

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    he told adam he is just back from portugal
    Yes seeing Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Yes seeing Steph.
    did she talk of andy and phelan, sounds like she is well set up there in new life, job and new man

Thread Information