Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke

Luke

Coronation Street bosses have reportedly cast a "hunky" new character.

Actor Dean Fagan will play Steph Britton's brother Luke, who starts working as a mechanic in Kevin Webster's garage.

Dean Fagan
    © IMDB/Dean Fagan
    Dean Fagan

Luke is billed by the Daily Star Sunday as a replacement for Tommy Duckworth, after actor Chris Fountain was abruptly axed from the ITV soap for posting inappropriate videos online.

Steph - Katy Armstrong's friend who was recently promoted to regular character status - apparently secures the job for her brother after hearing about the position.

Steph has come for the job at the Bistro but Nick wants Leanne to do the interview.
    © ITV
    Steph has been promoted to regular character

Viewers saw Steph, played by Tisha Merry, get herself a job at the Bistro in a recent episode after impressing Gloria (Sue Johnston) and Gail (Helen Worth).

She is said to be very protective of her brother, who will arrive on the cobbles early next year.

Digital Spy Soap Scoop video - press play below to watch Amie Parker-Williams reveal gossip

he is a hunk wtf???????????

Is he younger or older than Steph?

As previously reported, actor Dean Fagan has been cast in the role of mechanic Luke, who will land himself a job at Kevin Webster's garage.

Steph moves into Tina's flat with the help of her brother Luke
    © ITV
    Steph moves into Tina's flat

Viewers will see Luke arrive to help out while Steph prepares to move into Tina McIntyre's flat.

It doesn't take long for Luke to settle into Weatherfield, as Steph is soon securing him a job after hearing there is one available at the garage.

Viewers were introduced to Steph (Tisha Merry) as Katy Armstrong's friend. She was later promoted to regular character status.

Coronation Street airs Luke's first scenes on Monday, March 3 on ITV.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-02-2014), helena1414 (19-06-2014)

Coronation Street newcomer Dean Fagan reveals Luke romance story

Coronation Street added another new regular to its cast earlier this month as Steph Britton's brother Luke joined the show and landed himself a job at the garage.

Viewers have already seen Luke start work with Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) on the cobbles - and it won't be long before he gets to know more of the local residents, as show bosses are lining up a romance storyline for him.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Dean Fagan, who plays Luke, for his exclusive first interview about joining Coronation Street and what's to come.

Now that you've been filming at Corrie for a little while, how's it all going?
    "It's been fantastic. Everybody has been great and it's like a big family here. I've been made to feel very welcome, so I'm just really happy to be working here."

Was it a long audition process?
    "It was actually about a year! I first got the call for the audition about a year ago. I then had a screen test with Tisha Merry [who plays Steph] and Alan Halsall. Afterwards they said, 'Thank you very much' and I didn't hear back from the casting team for the next six or seven months. That's quite unusual for the show, but they were feeling their way with this character.

"When I did hear back, I received a call from my agent saying, 'Remember that character you auditioned for? It's back on!' I had another screen test with Tisha and Alan, and it was a week later that I received the call to say that I had the role. I was ecstatic - it was a great feeling."

How do you describe Luke?
    "Luke is an ambitious cheeky chappy who's a dreamer as well. He dreams about his future aspirations, and he dreams about women too! He tries his best to attain his goals and improve himself, but whether he keeps his focus is another matter, because he's easily distracted! He's a nice guy but he has a past.

"What I've established is that Luke's father has been quite absent through his life. That's made Luke become the person he is, in the sense that he's quite independent. He's been living with his mum and Steph, so that's made him quite knowledgeable about women in a certain sense!

"Luke thinks he knows how to talk to women and please them in ways that other men can't. Also because of the absence of his dad, he feels as though he's the boss."

What's coming up for him?
    "Luke has a new love interest coming up and it's going to be Katy. It all starts very soon and we're just starting to film some scenes where both characters are giving looks to each other! Hopefully that can develop into something serious. I haven't filmed too much with Georgia [May Foote, who plays Katy] yet, but we've had chats in the green room and she's a really lovely girl. I'm really looking forward to working more with her.

"Luke is a bit of a ladies' man, though, so we'll see how long it all lasts! Steph isn't too pleased about the romance either, so there's some problems there too."

At the moment Luke is living away from the street itself, but could that change?
    "I'd like to think that Luke will move to the street, because there's more to play if that happens. It's nice seeing how a character acts within their own space, and you could maybe see a lot of Luke's history through how he keeps his flat or house. That's very good for character development, so I think it'd be quite interesting to go down that route."

Has Tisha helped you to settle in?
    "Yes, definitely. Tisha has been in and out of Corrie for a whole year and has just started to get bigger storylines, so she's been very helpful and has given me a lot of advice. She's brilliant to work with as well."

What has Alan been like to work with?
    "Alan is a legend! He's just been so welcoming and so funny. We have a lot of good banter and I really enjoy working with him. In my first scene at the garage I was quite nervous because it's one of the show's well-known locations. The garage on the new set is massive, so it was quite daunting. It was quite cold as well, which didn't help with the nerves - I was shaking a little bit! But Alan was a total professional and he helps you through the scenes."

Kevin is furious when Tyrone shows him the mound of unpaid invoices and tax documents.
    © ITV
    Luke is working at the garage

How are you coping with those car scenes at the garage?
    "Well the funny thing is that my dad is a mechanic! I go into his work and view his jobs, so then that gives me an idea of what I should be doing in scenes. He also lets me know if I've done something wrong!

"It's good to have that, though. If you're playing a character who has a craft or a skill, it's the details that count as people do take notice of those."

How did you get into the industry?
    "I'd always watched films and loved to perform. I always enjoyed watching performers like Michael Jackson and Will Smith when I was a kid, but I never really thought about acting until I went to college. I was originally meant to do bricklaying, because I was a sheep back when I was a teenager, and I followed anything that my mates were doing.

"A lot of my mates were doing bricklaying, plumbing and things like that, so I organised an interview for bricklaying. I went to meet the guy who did the course, but he was on his lunch so I just mooched around the college for a little while.

"I walked down the hallway and saw 'Performing Arts' on one of the doors, so I thought I'd go in and check it out. I asked about the course and was asked if I wanted to give it a try, so it just went from there! I went on stage for the first time when I was 16 and I absolutely loved it. I developed a love for acting from there."

Which other shows have you worked on?
    "I've done a few dramas in the past, including one with the BBC called Worried About the Boy. That was one of my first gigs. It was about Culture Club and I played Mikey Craig the bassist. I've done some other shows too, most recently a drama called Homefront for ITV, which was brilliant to work on."

What are your other interests?
    "I DJ as well as acting. I've got a residency DJ job at The Black Dog Ballroom in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and also at another place called The Terrace. Before I joined Corrie, that kept the bills paid and also gave me a lot of free time.

"When you DJ, you work nights and weekends, so it's always been very helpful to have a lot of free time for auditions and other work. I've been doing that for five years now. I used to play pubs and stuff like that, and so seeing interesting people in the pubs has really helped with acting as well. It's definitely good for people-watching!"

he is getting with maria

Think he is getting with Carla

Coronation Street actor Dean Fagan has hinted that his character Luke Britton could begin a relationship with Carla Barlow.

Viewers will see Luke become drawn to Carla following the recent breakdown of her marriage, despite the fact that he has been growing closer to Katy Armstrong.

Fagan told What's on TV: "I find her attractive, as Luke does.

"She comes into the garage one day and the first thing I see are her legs and I think, 'Hmm, this is interesting', and we have a conversation.

Luke and Katy move in for a kiss
    © ITV

"The more we talk, the more I get to know her and get to feel for her and her situation. I kind of want to take care of her and she wants to do the same with me, possibly.

"Obviously with everything Carla's been through, there's the essence of a rebound, in her getting over Peter."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (19-06-2014), tammyy2j (19-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    after carla he will get with maria

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    after carla he will get with maria

Thread Information