Thread: Endeavour

Endeavour

Has anyone else been watching the last ever series of Endeavour? It has been absolutely superb and the last episode a real tear-jerker. Excellent acting by all the cast, especially Shaun Evans, Roger Allam and Anton Lesser, but all of them really. Great scriptwriting and directing. Beautifully integrated music and photography. And, the icing on the cake, the visual and verbal references to Morse.

If you haven?t been watching, I highly recommend catching up. It shows what first class television drama is all about and the heights it can reach.

As you can tell, I can't speak too highly of it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (13-03-2023), lizann (13-03-2023), Perdita (13-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Has anyone else been watching the last ever series of Endeavour? It has been absolutely superb and the last episode a real tear-jerker. Excellent acting by all the cast, especially Shaun Evans, Roger Allam and Anton Lesser, but all of them really. Great scriptwriting and directing. Beautifully integrated music and photography. And, the icing on the cake, the visual and verbal references to Morse.

If you haven?t been watching, I highly recommend catching up. It shows what first class television drama is all about and the heights it can reach.

Not seen all of them as I got myself a part time job and tv viewing is limited now but I agree with all your statements, what I have seen has been brilliant and thoroughly enjoyable. I am hoping to catch up with the rest very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post

The way it ended with a glimpse of the late John Thaw's eyes in the rear view mirror was brilliiant.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-03-2023), parkerman (13-03-2023)

that and vera are my favourite shows

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

parkerman (13-03-2023), Perdita (14-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    that and vera are my favourite shows
    I also like Unforgotten and The Bay

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

johntrevor (14-03-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I also like Unforgotten and The Bay
    Yes now you're talking Both excellent

11. The Following User Says Thank You to johntrevor For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-03-2023)

Dalgliesh

The recent run of Dalgliesh was excellent. What a fine pair of actors Bertie Carvel and Carlyss Peer are. Seemed ro be hinting, in the last episode that he might quit. Hope it continues.

Thread Information