Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete Barton and Finn Barton (James Barton's sons)

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post
    The show hardly revolves around Michael Parr. MP wasn't even in the top 5 most featured from the total of episodes of 2015.

Character appearance count for 2015

Chas - 191
    Robert - 173
    Chrissie - 157
    Aaron - 157
    Diane - 157
    Debbie - 156
    Ross - 154

There were lots of big storylines that didn't included Ross:
    - Kirin/Adam paternity lie
    - Ashley's dementia
    - Chas' ptsd
    - Diane's cancer
    - Aaron meeting his dad
    - Alicia's rape
    - Zak and Joanie
    - Robron...
    list goes on.

Either way, Emmerdale has been winning best soap for the last few major award ceremony's now so a lot of people will disagree that the show has been hurt.

Additionally, regards to Finn having a storyline, why must it be a gay storyline? Being gay doesn't make you who you are, there are so much more aspects to a person than their sexual orientation such as life experiences, job, family, luck etc.
    I can see your point BUT soap operas are about ROMANCE, SEX, LOVE and RELATIONSHIPS. Yes, Soaps do touch on other issues but they mainly focus on love and romance. I would like Finn to have a storyline, it can be something else other than being gay BUT I want it to be a GOOD storyline meaning Finn needs CONFLICT real CONFLICT. There is so much the writers can do. Finn is young and handsome but I think because he is gay Kate Oates did not know what to do with him. Why not discuss Finn past more ? Finn can't be perfect nobody is but right now he is the gay best friend stereotype which is homophobic and offensive.

The show hardly revolves around Michael Parr. MP wasn't even in the top 5 most featured from the total of episodes of 2015.

Chas - 191
    Robert - 173
    Chrissie - 157
    Aaron - 157
    Diane - 157
    Debbie - 156
    Ross - 154

- Ashley's dementia
    - Chas' ptsd
    - Diane's cancer
    - Aaron meeting his dad
    - Alicia's rape
    - Zak and Joanie
    - Robron...
    list goes on.

Either way, Emmerdale has been winning best soap for the last few major award ceremony's now so a lot of people will disagree that the show has been hurt.

Additionally, regards to Finn having a storyline, why must it be a gay storyline? Being gay doesn't make you who you are, there are so much more aspects to a person than their sexual orientation such as life experiences, job, family, luck etc.
    I can see your point BUT soap operas are about ROMANCE, SEX, LOVE and RELATIONSHIPS. Yes, Soaps do touch on other issues but they mainly focus on love and romance. I would like Finn to have a storyline, it can be something else other than being gay BUT I want it to be a GOOD storyline meaning Finn needs CONFLICT real CONFLICT. There is so much the writers can do. Finn is young and handsome but I think because he is gay Kate Oates did not know what to do with him. Why not discuss Finn past more ? Finn can't be perfect nobody is but right now he is the gay best friend stereotype which is homophobic and offensive. A lot of soaps are homophobic they think having one gay character given a storyline is enough. I like Aaron but he is annoying at times he is just a miserable SOB. Now Finn, seems interesting to me because there is so much the writers can do with the character. The audience needs to know more about Finn I hope the new producer who is from Hollyoaks realizes a show can have more than one gay character having his own storyline.
    Last edited by Serena Williams; 13-01-2016 at 07:40.

Chas - 191
    Robert - 173
    Chrissie - 157
    Aaron - 157
    Diane - 157
    Debbie - 156
    Ross - 154

- Ashley's dementia
    - Chas' ptsd
    - Diane's cancer
    - Aaron meeting his dad
    - Alicia's rape
    - Zak and Joanie
    - Robron...
    list goes on.

Finn isn't a character that is going to bring lots of drama, he will most likely have his own future storylines but he isnt as reckless as the rest of his family.

Wolves is offline Biggest Telly Addict 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaMad View Post
    Wasn't expecting that in tonight's episode! I wonder whether Pete's left permanently now?
    I really hope he hasn't. I was really gobsmacked watching this last night. Please Emmerdale let Pete come back Asap !!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolves For This Useful Post:

deeCee (13-01-2016)

i was expecting emma to go on one at moira over pete, do her and james even know

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i was expecting emma to go on one at moira over pete, do her and james even know
    It hasn't been mentioned yet. I was expecting a bit of more from James and Emma on this relationship too.

I'm waiting for Ross to say something to Moira like "Who's the better kisser: uncle john, dad or my brother".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-01-2016), tammyy2j (16-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    It hasn't been mentioned yet. I was expecting a bit of more from James and Emma on this relationship too.

I'm waiting for Ross to say something to Moira like "Who's the better kisser: uncle john, dad or my brother".

Is Pete actually coming back or not, does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by xloolx View Post
    Is Pete actually coming back or not, does anyone know?
    I am sure he will be back, not seen anywhere that he has left

I so hope he does

Thread Information